Westfield Machine Gun shoot

Anyone here going to the Westfield Machine Gun shoot on Saturday or Sunday?

I am heading down with some Class 3 collector friends of mine on Saturday for the day. They are bringing all their stuff. I will have my Ruger AC-556K but doubt that I will fire it. Too much other cool stuff to play with... M60s, 50cal MGs, Saw etc...

anyone else going down?

Rob[hmmm]

I'm going on Saturday. I'm glad the weather will be crappy. Keep a lot of people home and I can rent what I want without having to wait in long lines. I went a couple years ago when it was pouring and they had discounts on rentals to get you to do more. It was a great time if you're dressed properly for the weather.

hi, I just found the video of the 2006 one on youtube and am plannin on going tommorw. Can any of you tell me ball park prices for gun renting. I want to shoot full auto AR15/M16 varient, a full auto 7.62x51mm gun like G3A3 or FN Fal and maybe a saw. I just want to know how much money I should bring. Thanks.

Last edited:
$200 would get you four seconds of fun on a Dillon minigun, if it's there...

At Hanson you would get to shoot an m-60 5 times...

You'll be able to have a good amount of fun for $200, I would think. Figure $20-25 per mag of pistol calibers, and about $1- $1.50 per round on the big guns...

I have only been to this year's at Hanson though- but OH WHAT FUN!

$200 would get you four seconds of fun on a Dillon minigun, if it's there...

At Hanson you would get to shoot an m-60 5 times...

You'll be able to have a good amount of fun for $200, I would think. Figure $20-25 per mag of pistol calibers, and about $1- $1.50 per round on the big guns...

I have only been to this year's at Hanson though- but OH WHAT FUN!

The primary MG rental at Hanson is the same guy at Westfield. I've had the chance to "volunteer" for him several times. good times!!

Jen,
We almost called you today. Chris Provost was just aching to bust on you. When I explained why you weren't there, he REALLY wanted to call you. While I thought you'd enjoy a call from the shoot, I thought you might not want to talk to him.

You were missed, it was noticed, by many people.

I said you'd be there at the next shoot, when Patrick was at home babysitting.

Mikey is a smart aleck.
Dom and Carl are Dom and Carl.
Everything was fun.
Lots of link .308 going down range.
Not a ton of subguns.

Talk to you about it later,

Mike
btw: Bob and Paul were there today.

yes I went today, shot saw, mg42, m60, hk21, steyr aug, ak-47, and FN FAL. Had alot of fun.

You my friend must of spent a ton of cake today shooting all of those. They were getting $40-$50 per mag and $50-$150 for a belt of ammo. I shot some as well and enjoyed the very short line, but didn't stick around very long in the rain. Had to hit the Lunenburg gun show on the way home. [smile] Enjoyable day that is for sure.

I went yesterday. Had a real good time. I was at the front end with a bunch of Class 3 friends. I had my Ruger AC-556K and we shot that a lot. I shot my buddies 1919 8mm, his UZI and numerous M16s, his M60 and his MAC-10 and some others I cant even remember. What a blast. Must have fired 10 thousand rounds all day. what a blast. The only gun I had not fired before was the M-60 so I felt like a jerk when it jammed and did not know how to clear it. A buddy was walking me through it and the thing slam fired when the bolt dropped but all was safe because it was downrange. I did not know at the time that the 60 fired from an open bolt. Learn something new every day.
check out the vids... Enjoy..
Rob

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v673/5150rob/?action=view&current=280a7866.pbr

Last edited:
MAchine gun shoot

I went yesterday and there were HUGE lines at the rental area. Luckily my Brother-in-law, had a spot on the line and had several of his FA toys to play with. Shot the M-16 shorty and the 9mm's a bunch. Put a couple mags through the M-14. Great fun. Burned up a couple cases of ammo and had a sore right thumb and a VERY happy trigger finger. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom