• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weston Shooters Club on Ch 7

Did anyone catch the piece on Ch 7 about Weston Shooters Club and their new "safety course" yesterday? I caught the very end, couldn't tell if it was just a Fudd class or not. Apologize if this is a dupe, I searched and did not see anything.

Weston is an elitist pay to shoot "club". It's more country club than range. Everything from locker rooms to lobby screams elite money. This is where polaticians who say "I own a gun" go to shoot away from the little people. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to shoot there. Got the chance once when HP took a group of customers there. Loved the idea of vending machines for ammo, but the price WOW.

Their lobby
1692183582655.png
Weston Shooters Club

The club naively thought inviting a news show to talk about their pet program was going to help refocus the discussion away from "the bill" and onto useful alternatives. Obviously anyone who has dealt with the media knows that the end product will always be a hit piece on gun owners, ownership or both. Surprise, surprise.

Now the message is that the bill isn't enough.

I saw the report on channel 7 yesterday and the “safety course” seemed to be the basic how to clear a firearm, storing a firearm, be aware of your surroundings, etc., etc. nothing new here.
Looks like the club is owned by one person and he’s trying to package this material into one presentation (this hasn’t been done before…?) and get a government grant to do it and make money selling it.

If you don't like cigar smoke, don't go there. The lounge absolutely reeks, despite the "scrubber". I visited once, was in the lounge for long enough to get to the range, and to get to the bathroom. I had to wash all my clothes and take a shower when I got home. Yuk.

If you don't like cigar smoke, don't go there. The lounge absolutely reeks, despite the "scrubber". I visited once, was in the lounge for long enough to get to the range, and to get to the bathroom. I had to wash all my clothes and take a shower when I got home. Yuk.
This is true. I try to use the meeting room for business but the cigar smell can be very strong. It's a cigar club with a good shooting range.

I saw the report on channel 7 yesterday and the “safety course” seemed to be the basic how to clear a firearm, storing a firearm, be aware of your surroundings, etc., etc. nothing new here.
Looks like the club is owned by one person and he’s trying to package this material into one presentation (this hasn’t been done before…?) and get a government grant to do it and make money selling it.

Sounds like they are concerned about people "in distress." I suspect a lot of the stuff that is in there now OR could be added by the CDC is

"Guns are dangerous. And you might want to shoot yourself some day. So you're going to need 2 friends with you if you want to unlock your guns. Because you can't be trusted."

This guy is just trying to make some money,by painting training that's already there with a woke lining

Last edited:
Too fancy, I prefer a clubhouse with an assortment of old mismatched broken chairs and ten year old gun magazines strewn all over the place.
You forgot no Fudd bullsh*t.

I would be fine with a club just being a piece of land in the woods with a berm. No buildings, no chairs, bring your own targets. As long as there isn't FUDD sh*t going on.

If I want fancy sh*t, I will go to the golf club and hang out there.

There's a Bentley dealership in Weston , that's all one needs to know ........... Did a job there years ago , the family had a nanny for the kids. I knew I didn't fit in .......... 😂
Really? I know Weston is very against commercial growth and anti-business. I would be surprised if there was a dealership there. Are you referring to the Bentley dealer in Wayland? The one that's next to a bunch of other high-end dealerships?

Weston is an elitist pay to shoot "club". It's more country club than range. Everything from locker rooms to lobby screams elite money. This is where polaticians who say "I own a gun" go to shoot away from the little people. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to shoot there. Got the chance once when HP took a group of customers there. Loved the idea of vending machines for ammo, but the price WOW.

Their lobby
View attachment 785763
Weston Shooters Club

$500-$2k initiation fees, and $1,200 yearly fee….

All for a 50ft pistol range? No rifles, no action shooting, no clays, no longer range rifle ranges. Where the f*** is all that money going? Espresso machine upkeep isn’t that expensive.

Yeah, what's with the cigars? At my club they stared smoking cigars at the Sunday morning clay shoots. Since I suck at clays I go for the fresh air and sunshine of the great outdoors. I don't go anymore.

You forgot no Fudd bullsh*t.

I would be fine with a club just being a piece of land in the woods with a berm. No buildings, no chairs, bring your own targets. As long as there isn't FUDD sh*t going on.

If I want fancy sh*t, I will go to the golf club and hang out there.

I have that on my 60 acres in central MA, only a 100 yards though, and I do want to construct a small building with a woodstove to shoot out of. Creedmoor lovers are banned, of course.

$500-$2k initiation fees, and $1,200 yearly fee….

All for a 50ft pistol range? No rifles, no action shooting, no clays, no longer range rifle ranges. Where the f*** is all that money going? Espresso machine upkeep isn’t that expensive.
Ridiculous

I’m sure it has many fudd and liberal members who shoot a box of ammo every couple months.

Back
Top Bottom