Whackado w/ AK in Miami

...because saying something like, "These are dangerous criminals and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America" might alienate your voter base, would it Mr. Mayor?

I spoke too soon.

Knife Wielding Sushi Chef in Road Rage Rampage!

Now, my AK, my chef's knife AND my car! [sad2]
Brother Gringo - the state wants to keep you safe and happy. It can best accomplish this if you would remain inside your assigned unit away from harm. Your co-operation is appreciated.

While inside, please remember the new training requirements to obtain your assigned, serialized approved plastic cutlery... Until then, the provided "spork" may be used inside during daylight hours...

Please keep all curtains and blinds open to enhance your safety via officer inspections. Your cooperation is appreciated (and mandatory) and double plus good...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/24/miami.shooting/index.html

This should really kick to AWB into motion.

"These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America," Mayor Manuel Diaz said.

Not that the ASB is needed if this is ANOUTHER full auto AK-47 which was smuggled into the country.

Funny how that never gets added to the news story. That these full auto's are already illegal and brought into the country by criminals, for criminals who could care less if you made more laws.

I just sent Senhor Diaz this:

Mayor Diaz,

Recently, in response to the recent shootings in Miami you were quoted as saying: "These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America". What you should have said was: "These criminals don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America". As usual, the blame is always placed on the inanimate piece of steel and wood and not the animate piece of flesh and blood behind it.

I would bet that the AK-47 used in these shootings was obtained illegally by an individual that the state of Florida would deny a firearms license. Your statement is insulting to law abiding citizens such as myself who happen to own these "weapons of war" for self defense, recreation and /or hunting.

Regards,

Victor Pinto

I read in another article, a witness said the shooter "pulled a gun out of his waistband, big like and ak47". Part of me doesn't even believe this was an AK, because how the hell are you going to put an AK in your waistband. The only semi-possible way would be if it was an under-folder, but that still does not seem very likely.

I read in another article, a witness said the shooter "pulled a gun out of his waistband, big like and ak47". Part of me doesn't even believe this was an AK, because how the hell are you going to put an AK in your waistband. The only semi-possible way would be if it was an under-folder, but that still does not seem very likely.

A krink?

what are the chances that these kids know what an actual AK looks like? and the media loves to blame every incident on "evil looking weapons of war"

they have no idea what he pulled out of his pants !!!the media and uneducated public can twist a tall tale..far from the truth. and most likely it was an illegally owned firearm that he opened fire with.

what pisses me off is that, this is what the damn politicians look back on when they want further gun control.

and all of us law abiding sportmen take the hit.

Last edited:
Well here's the problem..All that needs to be done is ban in front of grocery store craps games...

I say "close the craps loophole". They probably had high capacity dice too. No body needs a dice that goes to 6!!!! It's for the children!

Alfonso said two teens, ages 16 and 18, died in the attack, which broke up a game of craps in front of a grocery store about 9:50 p.m. Friday in the city's Liberty City neighborhood.

I just sent Senhor Diaz this:

Mayor Diaz,

Recently, in response to the recent shootings in Miami you were quoted as saying: "These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America". What you should have said was: "These criminals don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America". As usual, the blame is always placed on the inanimate piece of steel and wood and not the animate piece of flesh and blood behind it.

I would bet that the AK-47 used in these shootings was obtained illegally by an individual that the state of Florida would deny a firearms license. Your statement is insulting to law abiding citizens such as myself who happen to own these "weapons of war" for self defense, recreation and /or hunting.

Regards,

Victor Pinto

very nicely put. I like how you worded that and I think its 100% appropriate. Good job. You should have forwarded one to Obama and his cronies. LOL.

Unfortunately all of us can sit here and stir about this thing until it drives us crazy how these dumb ass politicians and "Country of ours" continues to repeatably deal with situations like this and blame the "tool used" just because they have the opportunity and in the end....... its more ammo for them to use against us and the very reason they will succeed in the end of disarming this country. We can only keep watching "douch bag, criminals" illegally using guns in crime and making us pay the price while they keep getting away with it and continuing their life of crime at our expense.

WOW DOES THIS PISS ME OFF!!!!! [angry]

I still will not go down easy. I will fight and keep fighting for our rights.

anyways.... good letter. Thats the type of stuff we need to keep our heads above water.

Rob

Wait, I know what the problem is, we must not have a law banning the shooting of people with an AK or variant firearms outside a grocery store while they are playing craps.

This is what we obviously need is a law against this style of shooting.

very nicely put. I like how you worded that and I think its 100% appropriate. Good job. You should have forwarded one to Obama and his cronies. LOL.

I am sure he will pass it along. This guy is being vetted for a position in BO's administration. [thinking]

Last edited:
I did some research on this last night when I saw the article.

1. The Miami Police Department claims 28% of all homicides last year were committed using "assault weapons." -I simply don't believe that for a second. I say this because in California at the height of the crack epidemic, .75% of violent crimes were committed with so-called AWs.

2. Florida has seen significant rise in it's Uniform Crime Reporting crime statistics. I believe it was 5% in 2006 and 3.5% overall in 2007. (The FBI hasn't released a full report from 2008) -Meanwhile in the REST OF THE COUNTRY overall crime DECLINED something like 3.6% in 2008 according to preliminary FBI reports.

This is total bullshit. WHERE IS THE NRA? As usual, doing nothing.

I'd like to submit a Florida State Freedom of Information Act request on Homicides in Miami-Dade County. I will bet anyone here $100 that they are counting as "AW" numerous handgun incidents, probably many of which they don't even have the magazines to prove they were hi-cap.

I've got to find the time and get the regs for how to do this in Florida, but the information is public. -They have to release it.

AK's don't belong on the street. They do belong at the range, home, etc.

And what proof do we have that these people are even telling the truth?

"Others told WSVN that a masked man with an AK-47 burst onto the scene and ordered everyone to the ground."

Yeah, right. CNN likes to make things up and push their anti-civil rights agenda. Don't be fooled.

They may have found 7.62 x 39mm casing, but as you know many rifles fire that cartridge.

"These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America," Mayor Manuel Diaz said."

Fuel for the AWB of course and CNN just can't help themselves and are jumping for joy after this incident. Next up, an editorial asking Obama and the Hopey-Changy crowd to get moving on an AWB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom