What a waste.

CRSIII

NES Member
DSC01181.JPG

[sad]

Oh. I was looking for a sign saying:

These train tracks to nowhere were paid for by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

Hmmmm, it looks like you'd be more than 150" from the nearest paved road, and since you're not shooting across the railroad tracks, I say, send your buddy 1000 yds down range to set up the target, make sure that the tracks are clear, and go for it!

Yes, I know that feet are not quite the same as inches... [rofl]

Hmmmm, it looks like you'd be more than 150" from the nearest paved road, and since you're not shooting across the railroad tracks, I say, send your buddy 1000 yds down range to set up the target, make sure that the tracks are clear, and go for it!

Yes, I know that feet are not quite the same as inches... [rofl]

It's not really a paved road in the picture, its just a Walgreens parking lot!

Looks like those rails are not used very often. Maybe once every week or so.

Call the CSX head office in Atlanta and try to get the Albany division operations manager's number. You may be able to secure permission to use their property for a range. If you could then also get the local PD's permission, you should be all set.

There would, of course, be some haggling with paperwork, but I am sure CSX would accept a small fee from you for the privilege. :)

P.S. I am serious. CSX owns all the steel in the Northeast. Cannot hurt to call them and ask about it.

Last edited:

Call the CSX head office in Atlanta and try to get the Albany division operations manager's number. You may be able to secure permission to use their property for a range. If you could then also get the local PD's permission, you should be all set.

There would, of course, be some haggling with paperwork, but I am sure CSX would accept a small fee from you for the privilege. :)

P.S. I am serious. CSX owns all the steel in the Northeast. Cannot hurt to call them and ask about it.
Guy answering phone either laughs and ignores it or mentions it to in-house counsel who spits coffee on him and then chokes out a "hell no!"

Anyone want the over/under action on that? [laugh]

Guy answering phone either laughs and ignores it or mentions it to in-house counsel who spits coffee on him and then chokes out a "hell no!"

This...lol

Besides, those tracks look to be used quite often to me. Tracks that aren't used often would have a bunch of undergrowth along them and on them. Much to clean for little use. [wink]

Hey, what can I tell ya'. I used to work for them, so I understand some of their internal politics. Can you say the same, beaker?

Besides, the worst they can do is say no. *shrugs* Just trying to help.

Hey, what can I tell ya'. I used to work for them, so I understand some of their internal politics. Can you say the same, beaker?

Besides, the worst they can do is say no. *shrugs* Just trying to help.
No, I can't say I know what their politics are, but the cost benefit equation for them is pretty simple and overwhelming against condoning this...

The scenario goes like this:
1. They approve of this use.
2. You go out and start firing
3. A card carrying member of the litards union 666 prances after a yellow livered dickfer flying across the tracks and is either:
a. hit by your rounds
b. intimidated by your big-bad, why does anyone need one of those guns...

4. They have you arrested and sue and find out CSX approved of this use, point out the lack of fencing, signage, barriers, etc...

Any lawyer with 1/2 a clue should think about this and say no. The reward of some good press with us does not outweigh the risk of a lawsuit and bad libtard press hounding them...

Can't hurt to ask, I agree, but I give the snowball a better chance in hell...

Also think about the issue of inspecting that you have removed all your crap from the tracks (or checking with you when they change schedules)? Risk/reward doesn't make sense and they can't justify it to the shareholders...

Last edited:
Somehow, lying down on railroad tracks for ANY reason, no matter how infrequently the trains come seems like a really bad idea to me.

Maybe it's just me, though.

Somehow, lying down on railroad tracks for ANY reason, no matter how infrequently the trains come seems like a really bad idea to me.

Maybe it's just me, though.

Don't forget, it is central MA. I think we have a better chance of getting stabbed with a rusty diseased needle than getting run over on those tracks.

They don't own all of it. Pan Am/Guilford owns a chunk as well.

Also when the Worcester PD finds out what's up, I don't think they will be too happy or find some reason to shut you down.

CSX doesnt own all of it, but they do own the vast majority.

Last edited:
Well aren't you just Mr SmartyPants!

And yes, I previously lived close to them as well. I know they're used ALL THE FRICKIN TIME

Back
Top Bottom