What am I doing here?

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
I joined this site, like many others, looking for people of a like mind that I can relate to.

I come home every night after work, pop a few beers and look for something to replace the fact that I am alone, and have no one to talk to.

I am not a gun owner, but highly respect those that are law abiding citizens that do, and that is why I joined this site.

I hang out more on this thread, "Military Bubbas"' because I find the people that I respect most and agree with are Veterans....we have a fraternity that no one else can understand, share, or appreciate.

I post things I feel veterans will appreciate...but unfortunately, someones else reads what I post and calls me a Jackass. Then I get pissed and call them stupid.

This is not me, or who I am...

And now I find myself guilty of it too. I posted the other day, calling someone a F)(*ing idiot!

What is it about the Internet that makes us act this way? Is it the anonymity that we also experience when driving a car, that's makes some folks drive like a**h***s, cutting people off in traffic?

We wouldn't dare sit in a bar and say these things to a complete stranger.

I don't like this part of me that gets sucked into this crap!

Last edited:
While looking for an appropriate e-thug picture, I found this... is this an NES'ers pc???? haha

ethug.jpg

To your point though, I'm on a few forums (car, photography, offroading, and some others...) and occasionally I lose it and do the same, usually towards someone that deserves a slap on the head... Regardless, I feel bad and it's not justified. You're right, I have so much more constraint IRL (in real life) and would never say it to someone's face.

To your point though, I'm on a few forums (car, photography, offroading, and some others...) and occasionally I lose it and do the same, usually towards someone that deserves a slap on the head... Regardless, I feel bad and it's not justified. You're right, I have so much more constraint IRL (in real life) and would never say it to someone's face.

I also seem to notice that the folks that piss me off the most are women and insecure men.....mostly democrats!

Last edited:
I feel as though the "jackass" comment was totally unwarranted. I also feel the German got his just reward. Smartasses ought to know when they can be smartasses and when it's not such a good idea. He picked the wrong time to be a stupid smartass.

As for your comments you feel guilty for making, it's a refreshing change to what has become far too much political correctness in this world. Just read in today's paper something about deleting/banishing the word "retardation". It is what it is and an illegal alien is not an undocumented guest. Driving without a license is just that......illegal...... as opposed to "driving without authority". BS

It happens to a lot of us from time to time SS. I feel the same way
you do when it happens. I'm more disappointed with myself for letting
the anonymity get the better of me. It's like whiskey (another tongue
loosener). [smile]

Having met you in person......you do look like your avatar Patriot![smile]

What is it about the Internet that makes us act this way? Is it the anonymity that we also experience when driving a car, that's makes some folks drive like a**h***s, cutting people off in traffic?

We wouldn't dare sit in a bar and say these things to a complete stranger.

Skysoldier, I'll have a smoke and a beer with you any time. And it's on me. (But don't go feeling guilty about giving me shit when you don't agree with me.)

It's all just kidding around. I also have no problem doing this face to face with strangers. Not usually in bars, though. Alcohol clouds not only judgement but some folks sense of humor. As far as driving like an a-hole and cutting people off in traffic - Never - not even when I was a cabbie night shift in Boston. Zero tolerance for Nazi's and other hatemongers, though.

OK.
All due Respect to You.

NES is a diverse group of Gun Owners, We don't agree on everything all the time.

I'll tell You right now, I've met many of the members here, best people I've met.

Take that as you will. Or find out for yourself.

What is with people the past week?
This is like the second or third thread with members almost apologizing for being a normal person. I've never met you, but I have read many of your posts. You seem like a pretty normal guy to me. You seem to call them as you see them. There is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes people are acting like a jackass and should be called on it. You have done that. You have made the occasional smart ass comment...so what? We need those every so often. You get pissed off sometimes too. Good. That's how I know we are doing something good. If this was all smiles, and kittens, and people shooting .40's NES would be a very boring place.

Keep doing what you are doing. You are a personality here on NES. I think it would be a shame for you to do anything but that.

Back
Top Bottom