What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Finished up reloading a 200 round batch of berdan primed .308 then did a batch of 100 boxer primed .308.

147gr FMJ over 41gr of WC-846

Where are you finding LRBs ? Or, are you buying pulled components, ie. primed brass?

No, not buying primed brass, The berdan primers are from about ten or so years ago, they came from Graf's. I bought a case of 5k and just getting around to this bucket o' brass.
I made a tool from a hardened masonary nail that pierces the primer and hooks it out, leaving the anvil intact.

The brass is FNM and R1M1(South African) stuff that was just too nice to toss. Bullets are General Dynamics bulk stuff from Widener's a while back.

Oh, okay. You got me excited thinking they were available again in the USA.
The R1M1 is one of the harder ones to decap with water; mechanically, not so bad.
Haven't figured out how to decap the French .30-06 (but no real need to bother).

Oh, okay. You got me excited thinking they were available again in the USA.
The R1M1 is one of the harder ones to decap with water; mechanically, not so bad.
Haven't figured out how to decap the French .30-06 (but no real need to bother).

I never got the ambition to decap using hydraulics, its a messy endeavor.

I drill a hole in the top of my bench, insert the brass and tap the specially ground nail into the primer and pry it out. Takes about 8 seconds per round, no mess, no drying time.
I've not seen Berdan primers available anywhere since I bought these other than someone selling on gunbroker for absurd pricing.
Makes me wish I'd bought their entire inventory.

Just some straightening out and organizing.
Cast some 9mm and 30 cal bullets. Next plan is to make up a big batch of 300 Blackout and stack up some 9MM to break in the M&P 2.0

Which army are you reloading for??

Eh, mostly taking the hobby to an extreme for giggles, and it seems to work well!

Just got my pins in the mail, looking forward to my next test.

I plan to start a friendly business with reloading buddies - 6 pack of Ballast Point Sculpin will be the currency for leveraging my setup. :)

Not getting along very well with my new.45 caliber bullets for maximum power factor...
... they simply don't go into battery in my, otherwise eat anything, Ruger...

View attachment 243429 View attachment 243430

Perhaps, it's the lack of lube on the round nose bullet?

I think you need a throating reamer to open up the barrel a bit. Rugers are notorious tight in this area.
Start with 12 grains of unique and work up till see you pressure signs.

Finally got around to lubing my go-to plinkers and loaded them up into all of my empty .308 brass. My lubrisizer was out of commission, so I just dipped them for the last time (I really need to start coating the bullets...). 7.5g of Unique is adequate for plinking with the little LRNs.

Attachments

• .308w130LRN.jpg
    .308w130LRN.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 17
Im going to see how well coated bullets work over the winter. Im just hard pressed to change. My barrels look nice and clean and brite with my current cast loads and lube.
Lee Liquid Alox is doing fine by me for the 1000-1600 fps stuff and I have some white label lube 2500 for the faster loads.
I have some non gas checked 130s i want to run with trailboss also

I loaded up a bunch of 5.56 for hog hunting:

hog-ammo.jpg

Loaded up a couple small batches of .300 Win Mag to try out using IMR 4350 and H1000. Have a stash of the old 200gr Federal Trophy bonded projectiles I'm using.

Nice! Barnes bullets I see. They seem like some of the best hunting bullets out there. That’s why I bought some 44 cal Barnes for deer in the fall.
Yup. 70gr TSX.

Normally, I'd prefer something bigger for hog hunting, but the helicopter pilot specified 5.56, so I figured the TSXs would be the best possible bullet.

Yup. 70gr TSX.

Normally, I'd prefer something bigger for hog hunting, but the helicopter pilot specified 5.56, so I figured the TSXs would be the best possible bullet.
Hog chopper! My friends dad is hooked on pig hunting . He’s going to Texas again and might do a machine gun trip?

Back
Top Bottom