• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I loaded 40 rounds for the rolling block. 20 with 5744 and 20 with FFG black powder. All used a .439 bullet which is the largest size that will chamber. The club was too crowded today so I'll try again tomorrow. If it's still too crowded, I'll go during the week. Wednesday is supposed to hit 60 degrees.

Quick newb die question. I've been running Lee carbide pistol dies in my single stage Lee press. I know these will fit fine in my new Dillon 550c. Any downsides to running with the Lee dies in the 550c vs Dillon dies?
All dies/presses can be mixed if they are the same thread type and have adequate length to properly adjust. I have never had one companies die not work in another's press.

I'm unsure if the Dillon Square Deals are exceptions to thus since they come setup for a specific caliber and aren't meant to be changed.

Was able to run the Ibejiheads .357 diameter 124gr in the Dan Wesson the other day and they are night and day difference from the acme sized to .356. Same powder and charge weight and barrel is clean as a whistle. I’m thinking I’m gonna have to order a case but don’t feel like waiting 6 months lol.

Was able to run the Ibejiheads .357 diameter 124gr in the Dan Wesson the other day and they are night and day difference from the acme sized to .356. Same powder and charge weight and barrel is clean as a whistle. I’m thinking I’m gonna have to order a case but don’t feel like waiting 6 months lol.
So you were getting leading and/or poor accuracy?
I never had any issues with my PM9 using .355 blue bullets. Gun was made in 2015 FWIW

So you were getting leading and/or poor accuracy?
I never had any issues with my PM9 using .355 blue bullets. Gun was made in 2015 FWIW
Accuracy, I really didn’t test to much with the Acme as I was getting significant leading and I was more just running rounds to see how bore looked. 20-30 rounds and the grooves were filled with lead. I tried titegroup,cfe, and sport pistol all with same results.

I slugged the bore a while back when I first started testing the acme and having lead issues and it came out .356 so I’m assuming the acme weren’t actually sealing up.

I only ran 50 of the .356 ibejiheads but wasn’t a spec of lead in bore. I was at the 300yard range so was having a hard time hitting the targets but I’ve got another 50 loaded up so I’ll test them see how it groups.

By the case they are about .02 cents cheaper than the fmj that I’m currently running.

So cast your own...

Sorted a big bucket of range brass that has been staring at me for months. Continue to be pleased at how well the shell sorting bucket system works..if you are not using one of these for sorting pistol brass, you are missing out.

View attachment 458611for 9mm. Is this considered riding a fine line? The chart that came with my die set shows an OAL of 1.169. Asking because this is the first batch of bullets I made..

Thanks

Make a dud, assuming that one is not. I like to do that first before stamping out several hundred at a whack.
If it chambers without binding anything up, send it.
Like mentioned above, profile is going to vary. You'll always have Round Nose, but one might be more egg shaped than another depending on who makes it.

Put those calipers to the case mouth, see what it measures out at.
Don't over crimp, don't under crimp, life is good.

The chart that came with my die set shows an OAL of 1.169. Asking because this is the first batch of bullets I made..

Thanks
1.169" is the absolute max oal for 9mm. (For any published bullet/powder combo for safe use in any firearm)

I'm surprised nobody else here noticed that.

What does your load data show for OAL? I bet it is less.

At that leghth, you may have feeding problems, I know for sure that would be too tight in a Glock magazine.

View attachment 458611for 9mm. Is this considered riding a fine line? The chart that came with my die set shows an OAL of 1.169. Asking because this is the first batch of bullets I made..

Thanks
Going short is an issue where you need to reduce charge.

Going long is fine as long as chambers properly (headspaces on the case mouth)

Thanks
Only way to be sure is test in your firearms. Like stated make a handful of DUMMY rounds and do the plunk test in your barrel, than cycle through some magazines. Your guns will tell you yes or no but personally that seems longer than I would run.

Like stated , 1.169 is MAX COAL what bullet are you running? I would look up data from at least 2 or 3 sources.

I’d love to but unfortunately I don’t have the time to at the moment. Maybe in about 10 years when kids grow up haha. Fortunately I have enough supplies to keep me going for a while so waiting for an order isn’t going to slow me down at all.
I have 3 kids Im home alot so I cast and reload, getting time away to shoot is hard

Back
Top Bottom