• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Not a god damn thing, it was 75 today and I spent the whole day outside.
Same ........ Started the day running a wood processor for 4hrs (part time job) , went and replaced a few shingles that blew off of my girlfriends parents garage , and then spent 3 hrs running the leaf blower in my lawn.

Why am I not surprised that S&B 30-30 brass has tight primer pockets....just like their pistol brass

I got a bunch of free 30-30 brass from another NESer so I can’t complain but I had to seat the primer FORCEFULLY, rotate the case a 1/4 turn seat again then repeat one more time. Only 50 cases but I think I’m going to scrap them after I load them with Trailboss. What a PITA.

CCI and Win primers FWIW
They should be loose next time around,

I believe you can do pretty much everything except 50 BMG.

I reloaded many .223, .308 and 9mm on mine without issue. I did break it in half but that was from swaging primer pockets.
Awesome thank you. I'll pick one up. I actually had one previously, but never really used it and sold it. Been using a hand press for everything and I'm getting sick of my hands hurting.

Awesome thank you. I'll pick one up. I actually had one previously, but never really used it and sold it. Been using a hand press for everything and I'm getting sick of my hands hurting.
I just found the thread where I broke it. Looks like I did do it resizing and depriming .223. I still think it is a fine press to start on but if you can find an old cast or "o" type, I would grab that.

Can one of the $50 Lee single stage presses handle resizing .223 or will it snap in half?

I believe you can do pretty much everything except 50 BMG.

Lee actually sells a 50BMG-specific single stage press that is surprisingly good. It's also a fraction of the cost of the closest competitor

Lee actually sells a 50BMG-specific single stage press that is surprisingly good. It's also a fraction of the cost of the closest competitor

Yes, I've got one and it works very well. It was $170.00 as a kit several years ago and came with dies and everything needed to load. I've loaded hundreds of rounds on mine no problems.

Today I refilled all the magazines I shot at the public range yesterday, 26 30rd ARs and a dozen glock. Range was empty except for one kid that came in about 11:00 with a new Ruger .22 western style pistol. He said there was a gunshow in town and he had just bought it there. He said the place was packed. I didn't need anything so I abstained from stopping by on my way home.

Last edited:
Unlike @andrew1220 I make my own bullets. Having a buddy that’s smart enough to take advantage of my smarts he drove a whole hour (this could be enough travel to kill lesser men 😂)
I spent a few hours teaching him the basics of casting and coating. He left with enough knowledge to cast and coat and not have to rely on The Man for his bullets. Now he has to do a little tweaking and playing around to see what works best to get the hollow points to open consistently and what alloy he wants to work with.

Unlike @andrew1220 I make my own bullets. Having a buddy that’s smart enough to take advantage of my smarts he drove a whole hour (this could be enough travel to kill lesser men 😂)
I spent a few hours teaching him the basics of casting and coating. He left with enough knowledge to cast and coat and not have to rely on The Man for his bullets. Now he has to do a little tweaking and playing around to see what works best to get the hollow points to open consistently and what alloy he wants to work with.
[rofl]

Ran 8 loads through the tumbler over the last 3 days...ready to go back to the press. Took the last 2-3 weeks off doing a minor home improvement project...did manage to get 3 trips to the range in that period.

Back
Top Bottom