• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to prep today?

Bought my first batch of heirloom seeds.
a6edy3ep.jpg

We have an EU3000is at work, but today we tested whether we could run the servers on a EU2000i Companion, and ran it for an hour to so we could gather data on fuel consumption./
Topped off the tank this weekend and the we used just under a half gallon to run the servers for two hours. So that's four hours of run time on the 1.1 gallon internal tank, and with the three gallon marine tank we have the run time will be about 16 hours.

As long as you pump up the bulb on the fuel line afterwards, is there any reason you couldn't remove the external tank for refueling while the generator is running?

just ordered some more Dentemp.. sucks not being able to get to a dentist as quick as you'd like without it.

couple days back picked up 2K of 5.56

plan on reloading this caliber in the new year so hopefully my next purchase will be just bullets (or as my son says, the lead bits) for this caliber

we had our christmas today (husband, myself and son) since we will be with others tomorrow and the next day. some of the goodies: Juice S2 and blastmatches for everyone that didn't have them. new belts for the men. holster for my son.

There were some other gun related gifts but for OPSEC reasons will not share that on a public forum. [wink]

we had our christmas today (husband, myself and son) since we will be with others tomorrow and the next day. some of the goodies: Juice S2 and blastmatches for everyone that didn't have them. new belts for the men. holster for my son.

How do you like the blast match, and how does it compare to firesteel?

How do you like the blast match, and how does it compare to firesteel?

Well considering I had to 'yell' at both my guys to take it outside before they set the couches on fire I would say it works pretty darn good. Nice sparks. It is designed to be used 1 handed which is great if you are injured. I haven't use the firesteel per se but have used steels before that require 2 hands. I would go with this over them any day. Everyone will have 1 in their GHB/BOB from now on.

Decided to try cheese-making after the New Year. I figure between home-grown hot sauces, home brewing, and now cheese-making, I should be all set [smile] Now to get a goat to supply my milk instead of the local farm.

Well Santa brought me "living ready" magazine....it's like high gloss advertisements but there were many products that were highlighted and cool...interesting...my family is slowly embracing my "crazy hobby".

Analyzed our food storage needs, placed a small (size is relative) and cooked an early brunch with some of the surplus. Also picked up a 9mm carbine for Christmas.

Started picking up a few extra of things we eat at the store the past couple weeks. We have a fair supply of home canned goods and various other things but we've started picking up some stuff that would be a nice addition to break up the monotony of canned chicken.

Thinking we need more fire starting gear though, that might be the next step, and more lamp oil, might order a case from the link above.

Started picking up a few extra of things we eat at the store the past couple weeks. We have a fair supply of home canned goods and various other things but we've started picking up some stuff that would be a nice addition to break up the monotony of canned chicken.

Thinking we need more fire starting gear though, that might be the next step, and more lamp oil, might order a case from the link above.

Got my cases of oil in the other day, came in nice tight cases of 4 and each individually in a zip lock bag. I love when the UPS truck has to back in down the driveway all the way to the house! I put a couple outside for a few days to see if the cold weather has any affect on them. Can't wait to try my new lamps.

Back
Top Bottom