• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do we know about candidates stand on 2nd amendment & gun rights?

Just curious to find out if anyone knows current political candidates view or stand on 2nd amendment & gun rights / laws?

Been seeing news lately of Ms Clinton & Obama campaigning in NH so began wondering, I want to support the candidate that is PRO gun.

I'd look at the NRA-ILA.org website. I think that's where they post the candidate's info.

You can also look at http://www.issues2000.org/default.htm they have some decent info.

If you do a web lookup, there are other sites too.

Neither Hillary nor Obama are pro-2a though.

Barack Obama:
  • Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
  • Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

Hillary:
  • Keep guns away from people who shouldn’t have them. (Sep 2000)
  • Limit access to weapons; look for early warning signs. (Sep 2000)
  • License and register all handgun sales. (Jun 2000)
  • Tough gun control keeps guns out of wrong hands. (Jul 1999)
  • Gun control protects our children. (Jul 1999)
  • Don’t water down sensible gun control legislation. (Jul 1999)
  • Lock up guns; store ammo separately. (Jun 1999)
  • Ban kids’ unsupervised access to guns. (Jun 1999)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
  • Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)

Even more telling is a look into their stands on drugs and criminals. You'll see exactly where their coming from!

Last edited:
NONE of them will protect our rights or the 2A!

Today's political animals will say what they need to to get their constituents and that large "undecided" group to vote for them . . . then when in office will screw us any opportunity they can get!

* How do you know that a politician is lying? Their lips are moving! (says it all)

I wonder how they will fare in New Hampshire? NH is a tad more conservative than most northeastern states.

Then again,a number of far left had moved to NH for lower taxes from a state that they raised them in.

I'm thinking we'll be picking the lesser of 2 evils once again.
The scariest thing is that with both Obama and Clinton running and standing a decent chance of getting in, you gotta believe they're both crazy. I mean c'mon... a female president and Clinton's wife on top of that, a black president with muslim background, you know some looney tune out there is waiting to kill one of them if they get elected.
I don't care how much the world has changed. You just know theres some crazy SOB out there waiting to be the next presidential assassin and they're frothing at the mouth for one of these people.[sad]

...so far we only think Mitt MIGHT be...(MA AWB aside)...
You're being sarcastic, right? There is no "aside" for the AWB: He signed it. That, plus the fact that he did NOTHING to reduce gun control or attempt to rein in the crazy AG while governor in my book makes him as anti-2A as Clinton, Obama or Guiliani. And now he's trying to claim he's pro-gun which makes him a dishonest, flip-flopping, pandering politician with absolutely no integrity or conscience.[devil2]

There are other options much more ammenable, Hunter, Tancredo, even Brownback to name a few. They may not be as popular yet, but if the true conservatives get behind one of them then that could change.

Last edited:
License fee went from $25 up to $100 on his watch too.

You're being sarcastic, right? There is no "aside" for the AWB: He signed it. That, plus the fact that he did NOTHING to reduce gun control or attempt to rein in the crazy AG while governor in my book makes him as anti-2A as Clinton, Obama or Guiliani. And now he's trying to claim he's pro-gun which makes him a dishonest, flip-flopping, pandering politician with absolutely no integrity or conscience.[devil2]

SNIP

I will not be voting for the lesser of two evils this time. If the republicans won't support their conservative base they deserve to lose them. They keep creeping left to the point where there's almost no difference between the two parties and I've had it. We may need a moon bat in the white house to wake everyone up. Things may have to get worse in order to get better. This time I WILL cut off my nose to spite my face. I am voting for who I think SHOULD be president, not the lesser of two evils again.

I'm voting for Newt Gingrich or Tom Tancredo.

Guys, we live in MA. Our electoral votes will go to whoever the democrats field as their candidate. No need to "vote strategically" here. The pressure is off. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom