What I learned about guns from the movies!

I've also learned that a car door is super safe cover because bullets don't go through them. [hmmm]

Actually, if you were able squeeze yourself behind the fuel filler door of a Porsche, you might stand a chance. [laugh]

Also, if you are Charles Bronson, you can hip-fre a 1919 accurately. (jump to 2 mins)

Now that I look at it, Death Wish has every cliche' out there, including the rare "no scope sniper rifle one handed hip shot"

Where did you get a video of Jose?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunpowder has it's own oxidizer - so no external oxygen needed to explode.
A bullet in vacuum would travel a very long distance...and you would hear no sound of the shot fired.

I don't know about "no sound". There would be an expanding spray of gas from the muzzle and you might get some puff of that hitting your space helmet, if you were close by near the front of the muzzle. But you wouldn't get much coming backwards behind the muzzle.

I don't know about "no sound". There would be an expanding spray of gas from the muzzle and you might get some puff of that hitting your space helmet, if you were close by near the front of the muzzle. But you wouldn't get much coming backwards behind the muzzle.

if you'd shoot a 50 cal in space, I'm sure you'd hear the sound of your teeth rattle [laugh]

Gunpowder has it's own oxidizer - so no external oxygen needed to explode.
A bullet in vacuum would travel a very long distance...and you would hear no sound of the shot fired.

Except that little bit or percussive forcevconducted up through your arm, through your torso, and to your head. IT would be a mighty small noise, though.

I've also learned that a car door is super safe cover because bullets don't go through them.

Unless they have those "cop killer" bullets that can shoot through a bulldozer blade (Lethal Weapon number somethingorother) or the plot calls for you to be hurt.

if you'd shoot a 50 cal in space, I'm sure you'd hear the sound of your teeth rattle [laugh]

Ah, yes... the Orion drive.

I like airborne tactical roll and slow motion bullet dodge. The best of all, one hand bullet stopper.

Everyone knows you can fly triumphantly through the fireball...

I remember seeing a WWII movie where they got that right...one of the pilots (with the squadron's cat) flew through the burning black cloud of whatever was being blown up. Didn't make it. Don't remember what movie it was, though...

The old Robert Wuhl Superman joke.

"So he stands there with his chest puffed out letting bullets ricochet off him, but then he ducks when the bad guy throws the empty gun at him."

Also, if you are Charles Bronson, you can hip-fre a 1919 accurately. (jump to 2 mins)

Now that I look at it, Death Wish has every cliche' out there, including the rare "no scope sniper rifle one handed hip shot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoi7dZykHWE

Ok, this is about knives... an episode of Criminal minds on Wednesday showed a guy with a knife, held low. Cut to the next scene... camera is behind the guy, and there's a metallic "shiinggg" sound as he raises the knife into the camera's view. Wow!! I never knew that a five inch Buck knife, already in the guy's hand, could sound like a Samurai sword when simply raised through the air! :p

I have learned from many movies that it is safe to swing guns around the room, pointing them at my friends in an animated fashion when I talk, with my finger on the trigger. I have also learned that the best way to shoot a pistol is with it lying horizontal to the ground. Also, you do not need hearing protection when shooting in a small space, like a 44 magnum in a car, because the shooters never stumble out of the cars with their ears bleeding and going "what did you say?".

also regarding the movie wanted, you can snipe someone from miles away through an office building with a rifle from the 1700s or whatever time period, using a telescope

Come on guys... 2 days and no one posted:

when the gun is held sideways it is a kill shot.

Crappy vid but only one that was not 2-3min long.

There's no such thing as recoil, and everybody shoots right-handed, left-eye dominant.

And there IS such a thing as a 20 round revolver, they had one on Sons of Guns. It just needs 150 year-old ammo. But Charley can find it.

Shots all fire at the same decible whether outside or in an enclosed space.

Ejected shells always fall straight down into a neat pile.

When you draw your weapon it self racks.

All firearms sound like an 870 being racked, even revolvers.

Sent from behind enemy lines using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Couldn't sleep. I knew I would find an appropriate thread, eventually.[wink]
Another local in Hollywood.

We did this on one of the aviation forums I belong to. It got really fun! So, for something fun to do on a Friday, Ill start....

I learned that from Die Hard 2....There is a company in Austria that makes a gun that can't be picked up by airport metal detectors. And it cost more than what a cop makes in a month. Wow! What are the bullets made of?

Cocking a hamer on an average handgun makes a noise SO loud, that people can here it all the way across the room!

Ok...your turn![grin]

cocking the hammer back on Glock. pew pew pew.

well screw me and call me Suzanne. *post from 2012* LOL.

Back
Top Bottom