• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is this animal dung?

Stevireno

NES Member
uploadfromtaptalk1435437430962.jpg Saw this right on the tree line of our property. Any thoughts?

Steve

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Hard to tell with no size reference. I will go with coyote as the hair looks mostly like deer hair. Could also be a bear that got a fawn or two as the timing is right.

Owl pellets will have the bones and skulls in them and are often found under pine/conifer trees and the leave litter here shows red oak.

Bob

"Saw this right on the tree line of our property. Any thoughts?"

Yeah, why are you taking pictures of poop? lmao...no idea what it is...

Owl Pellets.. cool. We have had some fisher cat activity in the area and was wondering if they got this close.

Thanks all...

-Steve

I was going to say yote or fox based on the fir but after checking out the link, the owl pellets looks like a winner. Learn something new every day :)

Hard to tell with no size reference. I will go with coyote as the hair looks mostly like deer hair. Could also be a bear that got a fawn or two as the timing is right.

Owl pellets will have the bones and skulls in them and are often found under pine/conifer trees and the leave litter here shows red oak.

Bob
Man, your like national treasury of knowledge... I never knew that but will certainly be looking the next time in out.. In fact owl pellets was even a thing to me until I read this thread

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Owl pellets are really cool to break apart. All of the bones and/or beak(s) are in there so you can tell what it was eating.

Most of the ones I have come across has been under evergreen/fir trees. The thicker the better as they are mostly nocturnal hunters.

Bob

send some to your senator, she is indian and in touch with nature. she will figure it out.[laugh]

attachment.php

Attachments

• iphoneSept2013 328.jpg
    iphoneSept2013 328.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom