• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to build next in AR10?

a caliber?

• .243 Win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .260 Rem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .338 Federal

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 7mm-08 Rem

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
it is rather peculiar, it looks like a price of a .308 BCG went up at least $100 since the last time i looked. holey moley.

Looks like $206 for nitride, in stock at OP. These have always been good to me.

However usually there is a 5% off thing and you get 10% back from these guys after the fact. These BCGs were never $100, usually more like $150+... today $195 or $175 depending how you count. Isn't bad IMO..

Note: do not get a nickel boron version if you want a reduced diameter firing pin. Oddly Aero nickel boron BCGs are a different style, where the nitride is a .070 I want to say - an in between reduced size that's not the .075 of some or the .065 of others.

Looks like $206 for nitride, in stock at OP. These have always been good to me.

However usually there is a 5% off thing and you get 10% back from these guys after the fact. These BCGs were never $100, usually more like $150+... today $195 or $175 depending how you count. Isn't bad IMO..

Note: do not get a nickel boron version if you want a reduced diameter firing pin. Oddly Aero nickel boron BCGs are a different style, where the nitride is a .070 I want to say - an in between reduced size that's not the .075 of some or the .065 of others.
i looked at primary arms, they got more of a spread there, all the way up to $300 level. i was expecting to see closer to $150-$170 as well, in a hope for a 15% coupon to go on top of that. :)

i must be slow today - on
>today $195 or $175 depending how you count.

how did you get $175 there?

i looked at primary arms, they got more of a spread there, all the way up to $300 level. i was expecting to see closer to $150-$170 as well, in a hope for a 15% coupon to go on top of that. :)

i must be slow today - on
>today $195 or $175 depending how you count.

how did you get $175 there?

They are giving 10% bonus bucks, so if I bought one appears I'd be getting about $20 put into my account over there for the next purchase. Like I said, depends how you look at it.

Nice thing about OP, and people definitely love to hate them, is shipping is always free. And you get perks like the bonus bucks stuff that add up.

As you have the 308 and 6.5 cm this is an interesting question. I agree with opinions made on .243 and .260 why bother. ( while I’m a big fan of .243 there are better current cartridges. ). Similarly the 7mm 08 I both have and like in a bolt rifle as an intermediate distance cartridge. It would be a unique set up in AR 10 However there is very little it would do that the .308 couldn’t if anything

So if I was building it I would go with one of the newer 6mm cartridges being used in PRS. (I would not do 6mm creedmore, it reigned for a year before getting displaced)

Nice problem to have. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom