What's a good price for an FS2000 in MA?

I had a chance to handle an FN FS2000 today - and although these have never been high on my list of "must haves" - now I have a "Do want" for one.

As near as I can tell - they are fully MA legal - the flash hider is ok because they don't have a protruding pistol grip, no adjustable stock, and the barrel length is 17" something.

So now I am wondering - what is a good price for one of these - new? I know one shop (in NH) that has one - are there any shops in MA that carry them?

Look for a used one in great shape. They can be had for alot less than the $2,200.

BTW - I love my FS2000 Tactical it's so cool. I've got TROY Micro BUIS with Tritium on order for it right now.

smitty

Look for a used one in great shape. They can be had for alot less than the $2,200.

BTW - I love my FS2000 Tactical it's so cool. I've got TROY Micro BUIS with Tritium on order for it right now.

smitty

I was reading thru some old threads and I ran across one where you had some pics of your setup - very cool.

As near as I can tell - there is nothing on the FS2000 that would make it illegal in MA - the only piece that I noticed that would put it in AWB territory is the muzzle brake. I was looking at some FN literature - and they call it a muzzle brake - but it sure looks like a flash hider to me. I did see it mentioned in one of the other threads I scanned that the lack of protruding pistol grip makes the flash hider OK.

New they are in the 2K - 2200 range. They may be had for less over the border and on GB.

This one is over the border. I have been looking at GB and it looks like they are available for around $1500.00 with low round count.

Damn - I was saving up money for a car trailer - that might have to wait til spring. [thinking]

Rifle is perfectly legal to own in MA. I bought mine here. Great rifle , if you get one you will have a blast with it. You just have to get used to the manual of arms, you cannot run it like an AR.

I think I saw one at Zero Hour Arms in Easton.

Or get an MSAR E4 FOR $1500. Love mine!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hey Calsdad, I paid $1,550 (with the Tri Rail included). So if it's got a real low round count (like new) then $1,500 is a good price. My FN FS2000 is the only plastic gun I own, some day it "might" get a baby Glock 26 9mm go along with it. The FN FS2000 will grow on you, it's so ugly / space gun looking because it's designed for a human to fit around it. In the FS 2000 you have a gas piston rifle that is SBR kind of short and that ejects brass out the front. When my buddy shot mine, it kind of freaked him out at first when the first four shots were fired and no brass came out the rifle (the ejection tube door opens on the 5th round). The FN FS2000 bullpup draws a lot of looks & attention at the range. Think of this...I transport the FS2000 in a fairly small submachine gun case despite it having over a 16 inch barrel. You'd have to have an SBR, like a 10 inch barrel AR with the stock all the way in, to get as short. You can hold the FS2000 up, do a mag change, recharge the weapon, and never have to pull it out of your right shoulder.
I can't wait for my TROY Micro BUIS with the Tritium inserts to give the rifle a serious upgrade in iron sights.

BTW - As there is no real pistol grip on the FN FS2000 it's always called a "muzzle brake".

CHECK OUT THE SPECIAL EDITION MAGAZINE - BULLPUPS (from the guns & ammo folks). There is a bunch of pictures & info in the magazine. The Bullpups: FS2000, MSAR, FAMAS, and AUG all have kind of crappy triggers. It is just a sacrifice you got to make to go with this type of design.

beaker - The MSAR E4 (that's the one that uses AR mags, right?) is another cool gun for $1,500. The AUG still is a kick ass weapon despite being an older design. I would not however have any of the other model MSAR rifles that don't use a common magazine (like an AR or AK mag). I just wouldn't want to pay like $42 for each AUG magazine.

The Bullpups: FS2000, MSAR, FAMAS, and AUG all have kind of crappy triggers. It is just a sacrifice you got to make to go with this type of design.

smitty

Last edited:
terraformer - I wouldn't say it's exactly a neat pile.

The rifle's neat in that on it's upper half you've got the gas piston on the left side of the barrel and then the ejection tube is on the right side. With the TROY BUIS and a good red dot optic this may be my go to rifle.

smitty

Hey!! Just throwing this out there...
If you happen on a good deal for a green one. And you don't like green.. I would be happy to swap you my black stock for a green.

I paid $2100 for mine at a dealer and got a $250 rebate in the mail for it back when they were running that deal last year. You can find them used for lower, as was stated in this thread earlier.

I doubt I"ll ever sell mine- it feels surreal shooting it. It's a very lovely rifle IMO.

I doubt I"ll ever sell mine- it feels surreal shooting it. It's a very lovely rifle IMO.

I shot yours at the Monadnock shoot a little while back (thanks for letting me shoot it, btw) I was never really sure how I felt about the gun, it looks like a gun from Halo, but I loved shooting it. Something about it made it real fun, different from shooting other guns. Surreal is a good descriptor of the feeling.

I occasionally see an FS2000 at M&M Outfitters in Plymouth.

They don't seem to stick around long, but they do apparently order them in.

Got my Troy micro BUIS with Nite sight inserts today!

Yes, I got my Troy micro BUIS with the Tritium today. Man what an improvement over the stock FN FS2000 Tactical's sights.
I pulled the front sight off and then folded down the poor excuse for a rear sight. They ride a little higher, but can be seen much better. They are the type of item FN should have considered / used in the first place.
I do have the Tri-rail and use it over the stock front end. I've got a Troy modular forgrip on it that's ran in a medium hight.
By getting the Troy micro BUIS I've made the rifle better to use, no doubt about it.
smitty

LNIB $1400 shipped off GB. [thumbsup]

If you have patience and pounce, you can get a deal on anything.

I haven't made it back to the shop - hope to get there later this week.

I am going to make an offer and see if they will go for it. The rifle in question is on consignment - and looks like it has never been shot. I figure will offer the guy $1500-1600 and see if he goes for it.

With new ones going for around $1800 and used ones on GB available for $1400 I figured that is a decent price.

If I don't get this one - then I will still keep looking. After shouldering the thing it turned into one of those " I have to get one of these" rifles.

I saw a new one at North Shore Firearms on wednesday! Don't recall the price...really didn't pay attention as I can't afford one anyways!!! [wink]

I saw a new one at North Shore Firearms on wednesday! Don't recall the price...really didn't pay attention as I can't afford one anyways!!! [wink]

Pretty sure it is north of $2000.

Larry's Pistol and Pawn is selling the black model with rail for $1499 this month.

The dealer cost for the FS2000 is $1,973.00. I was able to get a couple of them below this price in December as a distributor was looking to liquidate them as they had them for over a year.

Just throwing this out there, again..
If anybody has a green (od) stock and wants a black stock.. I have a like new black FS2000 that I would love to swap for (similar condition) green..

CDNN has them for $1399 in their catalog.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html

Damn. That seems like a good price. Almost makes me want to buy another one.

I don't think there is any difference between a MA legal FS2000 and a "free state" version. No adjustable stock, no bayo lug, the thing on the end is called a muzzle brake by FN. Wonder if CDNN will ship to a MA dealer?

Damn. That seems like a good price. Almost makes me want to buy another one.

I don't think there is any difference between a MA legal FS2000 and a "free state" version. No adjustable stock, no bayo lug, the thing on the end is called a muzzle brake by FN. Wonder if CDNN will ship to a MA dealer?

Arguably no pistol grip either.

As I recall CDNN won't ship any semi-automatic firearms to MA, but you may want to double check that. If that's the case, your best bet is to find a FFL in NH.

As I recall CDNN won't ship any semi-automatic firearms to MA, but you may want to double check that. If that's the case, your best bet is to find a FFL in NH.

I've read over their whole web site and I don't see any disclaimers to that effect.

Back
Top Bottom