• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your brass etiquette when shooting at the range?

What's your brass etiquette when shooting at the range?

• Shoot and pick up the brass I shot?

Votes: 43 26.1%
  • Shoot and leave the brass I shot on the ground?

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Shoot and pick up the brass I shot and scavenge other brass as well?

Votes: 38 23.0%
  • Shoot and pick up as much brass as I can to clean up the range?

Votes: 75 45.5%

• Total voters
Before I moved to NH, I used to do a lot of milsurp shooting, including National Match Competition. I saved my brass for reloading and would pick up an unusual-looking case if I saw it lying on the ground. I also checked for unusual headstamps. Back then, there was a lot of military surplus ammo around and most people didn't care about Berdan primed or steel cased cartridge cases.
Personally, I am disappointed in the low scrap brass price offered for cartridge cases compared to other brass prices.
Has anyone else paused to pick up fired bullets from backstops? I gathered some interesting looking specimens.

Dont most ranges require you to clean up after yourself? I know mine do, and if I get there and its a mess I take a pic, so if they question why I left a mess(as my name would be last in sign in book) I can show the pic and state I clean up after myself not others. Been having that issue at 1 of the places I go to, guys fill up the buckets with shotgun shells and old targets, but never clean out the buckets.
It's the reason why my club banned the use of non-paper targets. They were sick of cleaning up the garbage left behind.

I throw down a ten ft tarp, most all my brass ends up on it, easy pickins
brass catchers are way easier than that... i make and sell one 3d printed, there are also a ton of chinese cloth ones everywhere. including ones for pistols.

It's the reason why my club banned the use of non-paper targets. They were sick of cleaning up the garbage left behind.
Steel?

Anything that is not clay target, target steel, or paper is banned. No glass, no plastic water bottle, no metal junk type shit.

Though personally I have no issues with plastic bottles exploding, as long as its fully picked up after and not left as trash.

Steel scrap and glass NFW as we have hunting dogs on our property.

I don’t think anybody brought up the use of the brass catcher. I’ve got some really nice ones whenever I’m shooting my full auto as I use it but usually it’s retain my links.

On my own property I’m pretty lazy these days. I just shoot factory and don’t even pick it up. I love how you can pick up steel cases with a magnet.

But I know people shoot on my property who weren’t supposed to because I find steel cases which I never use and shotgun shells on the ground, which I always pick up when they’re mine

Bunch of poaching trespassing, scumbags

I don’t think anybody brought up the use of the brass catcher. I’ve got some really nice ones whenever I’m shooting my full auto as I use it but usually it’s retain my links.

On my own property I’m pretty lazy these days. I just shoot factory and don’t even pick it up. I love how you can pick up steel cases with a magnet.

But I know people shoot on my property who weren’t supposed to because I find steel cases which I never use and shotgun shells on the ground, which I always pick up when they’re mine

Bunch of poaching trespassing, scumbags

If you catch them can you shoot them? 😆

If you catch them can you shoot them? 😆

The one thing about those shoots, we used to go to Ely stood on the right side of the NFA area.. the brass would always rain down in your jacket hoodie and burn the shit out of you or they wind up on the easy up and then you’d walk by and they would just start filling up your hoodie

Same etiquette whether you are at the range, in the gym or visiting someone else's home, clean up after yourself! Drives me crazy!

Back
Top Bottom