whats your favorite concealed carry

Sigs are great guns, but I find them a little to heavy to carry. I'm sure others will disagree. For me it's a Kahr PM9 or a S&W J-Frame 642. Either conceals very easily in a front pants or jacket pocket, which is my favorite carry method.

I prefer the Glock 26 for IWB carry. The closest Sig is the P239 which is bigger and carries fewer rounds. However the Sig is a great firearm and would certainly do the job if called upon.

Lots of factors go into a decision of this nature. While recommendations from people on the internet can help, in the end it's what fits you, what you shoot best, and what you are going to actually practise with and carry.

Good luck in your search.

Used to be my Sig P245, but I really like the Kel-tec P11 I recently bought.
Cheap, light, accurate, and carries 10 rounds of 9mm in a tiny package that
is a cinch to conceal.

I'm not a fan of Sigs. I've had a few of them over the years and wouldn't buy another. They are reliable but for me they always had terrible triggers, sights, and grip angles. They are also a bit heavier than many other choices. They did always go bang and I can't say that for all my other guns.

For concealed carry I prefer either a Glock 26 or 27 because they are reliable, easy to shoot, and easy to conceal. When I don't feel like carrying which is most of the time I grab my S&W J-Frame revolver. I have a pocked holster and just throw it in there and forget about it.

Carrying a gun can be a royal pain in the butt but with the J-frame you hardly notice it's even there.

Pete

My absolute favorite carry gun is my S&W 1911! And yes, with the right holster and clothing it conceals very well.

My other favorites are P99 in .40S&W, G22 (soon to have G23 to beat it out) and S&W 642. Everything depends on what I'm wearing, where I'm going and what I'm doing.

My all-around favorite CCW so far is a 2nd gen Glock 19. 16 rounds of
9mm on tap, I run mine with Speer 124gr +P HPs. I carried that most of
the summer (whenever I was legally allowed to carry) in a cheap IWB
holster.... it worked great even in my chinsy holster... next year I will
have a better one. I put a set of Truglo TFOs on it, decent visibility
sights during the day and at night. I can shoot accurately enough to
get the job done, and the gun points pretty well for me, so even one
handed, it's good. The gun is also devoid of sharp edges or hammers or
any other crap that could potentially snag on clothing during a
draw. (I've never had this problem, but I can see in some hairy situations
a "no snag" design would be beneficial). The G19 is still compact but still
not small enough that it's annoying to shoot. The G26 is nice, too, but for
that extra inch or so, I'd rather carry the G19.

The funny thing is you can carry just about ANY gun with the right
holster and belt. So if you have a gun you feel confident with in
terms of accuracy and reliability, and you can stand whatever it
weighs, you're best off investing in a good holster and belt before you
even contemplate changing the gun. And whatever you do, never
limit yourself to ONE gun. If you're bound by funds, get whatever
gun that you think that you can carry MOST/ALL THE TIME, law/situation
permitting. If you have guns that you only will carry some of the
time due to size, you either need to get a smaller gun to supplement, or
you need to trade in your "hog-leg" for a smaller gun.

-Mike

My absolute favorite carry gun is my S&W 1911! And yes, with the right holster and clothing it conceals very well.

My other favorites are P99 in .40S&W, G22 (soon to have G23 to beat it out) and S&W 642. Everything depends on what I'm wearing, where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Len, we never knew you were so fashion conscious. [smile]

Len, we never knew you were so fashion conscious. [smile]
If you're fashion conscious, you dress like Bond and carry a PPK.[wink]

Anyways, the S&W 640 will have to do until I can afford to dress better.

ATool_-vi.jpg

For a long time, I carried a S&W 642. Here's why:

• Light
  • Reliable
  • Easy to use - just pull the trigger
  • Very concealable
  • Can be quickly pulled from a pocket without snagging
  • It has an internal hammer, so it can be fired from a pocket if necessary

I still carry one in the pocket of my cargo shorts in summer.

However, for winter carry - or anytime I'm wearing enough clothing to conceal it - I switched to a Glock 29. Here's why:

• I've put enough rounds through it to be assured (in my own mind) of it's reliability. Don't argue this. I'm sure, and I'm carrying it.
  • It's just as easy to use as a DAO revolver, but with a way better trigger pull.
  • More firepower - 10 shots as opposed to 5 in the 642.
  • Quicker reloads - I carry a 15 round back-up mag, and 25 rounds fast is way better than 10 rounds (fumbling with a speedloader) slow.
  • I'm at the point where the recoil does not preclude me from getting accurate follow-up shots. Really. For any of you "10mm is too powerful" people, I was able to reach this Shaolin-esque level of skill using a technique I like to call "practice".
  • It's a better caliber

I'm not trying to start a caliber war here, and before the Captains Obvious chime in with the "shot placement is everything" and "any gun you carry is better than one left in the safe" advice (Side Note: I'm being kind using the term "advice" here because, as my kids would say, "Duh"). You can't be sure that a .38 Special at "out of a snubbie" velocity is going to stop a fight. It may be fine against a shirtless 140 pound drunk, but I've got chunks of guys like that in my stool. If a guy like that came at me with a tire iron, I would take it away from him, and use it to pin his BVD's off the ground when I gave him a wedgie.

I'm much more likely to draw my gun on a charging 350 pound lunatic meth addict. If, God forbid, I get on the bad side of a tweaking Randall "Tex" Cobb look-alike, I want to make damn sure whatever it is I'm carrying has the ability to stop the fight toot sweet.

Given this scenario, I want a caliber that will go through a leather jacket, a sweatshirt, t-shirt, body grime, and the leather bound copy of Mein Kampf that's between my gun barrel and the vital organs of the bad guy - with enough sack still left to scramble some protein. I'm not concerned about over penetration. I figure I'm more likely to be attacked in a desolate area so I carry accordingly.

Therefore, I tote a Glock in the mighty 10mm.

Anyway, OP, you asked what I carry and why, and there you have it.

Last edited:
This is my carry gun.

S&W 626-8 - 44 MAG. 3 in highly polished stainless.

WHY - I go to Chelsea and East Boston and Revere at least 3 times a week.

I do not know it is on my hip and it has never been a bother.

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

Fred
P.sS
Sorry for the dust, did not see itin the dark room. The gun really shines

SIG P239 in first place,Glock 19 in a close second.

I have a Seecamp that's often the only gun that leaves the house with me but I have honest doubts about whether I could hit anything with it beyond 15' under stress and how much good it would do,but it works well to always fulfil Rule Number One.

SIG P239 in first place,Glock 19 in a close second.

I have a Seecamp that's often the only gun that leaves the house with me but I have honest doubts about whether I could hit anything with it beyond 15' under stress and how much good it would do,but it works well to always fulfil Rule Number One.

If you have doubts about it why use it? You need a gun that you can carry, and be confident about getting a few quick accurate shots off with.

For holsters, I should add the Blade-Tech OWB with Tek-Lok. Really stands out from belt (but is high on the belt-line) so concealment and mode of dress need to be carefully assessed. Great range holster. I have it for the P99.

Favorite? An H&K P7M8, IWB Kramer holster.

However, my chief doesn't like 9mm, so for the past 3 years its been a Sig 2340, or a Glock 27, both in paddles. I like them both, but their not my favorite.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom