• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to buy used .22 handgun in MA

Hello All,

I'm looking to purchase a used .22 handgun just for target practice. Any advise where I can go?

Gee. Have you tried the classifieds here on NES? Have you visited an FFL (gun store)? What is it you're looking for? Revolver? Semi-automatic? Any make/model in mind? Budget? Location?

Have you tried your local gun store? I used to buy stuff from Four Seasons.

Check the classifieds here or your LGS. Just because it's a .22 doesn't make it cheap, even when it should be. SR22s are going for way more than they're really worth imo. I picked mine up from MFS the last time they ran a sale. Ran close to $300 as I recall, even with the sale.

Check the classifieds here or your LGS. Just because it's a .22 doesn't make it cheap, even when it should be. SR22s are going for way more than they're really worth imo. I picked mine up from MFS the last time they ran a sale. Ran close to $300 as I recall, even with the sale.
Thanks

I would suggest a Ruger 22, no need to get the latest greatest shiny toy, an old broken in Mark II or Mark III target pistol will often have an amazing trigger that you can't pay money to buy if you wanted to on a new gun. You can find them used at a lot of gun stores.

I would suggest a Ruger 22, no need to get the latest greatest shiny toy, an old broken in Mark II or Mark III target pistol will often have an amazing trigger that you can't pay money to buy if you wanted to on a new gun. You can find them used at a lot of gun stores.
Thank you

My Ruget Mark III is my favorite for 22 target practice. Other than the take down for cleaning issue, which I solved by rarely cleaning it (doesn't seem to harm it a bit).

My first 22 pistol was a Ruger MKIII Hunter. Awesome gun. Now they have the MKIV which is easier to takedown and clean.

check out www.fsguns.com/used

If a gun looks interesting, call the shop and they will hold it for 24 hours (maybe 48) for you with no obligation to buy.

If FS prices are too high then you may need to reset your expectations
Ask if the used gun you are interested in is shop owned or consignment. Consignment sales have owner set prices that are not always realistic.

I bought the basic mark iii. I love it...but I really wish I went with the hunter. That said, make me an offer and I'll use that to upgrade! Maybe to an older mkii...

Smith n’ Wesson 22-A was my first .22 for plinking and target. Super accurate and fun to shoot. Grips were the plastic wood looking ones. Little big to hold for someone with small hands. Other than that, highly recommended.

Just my .22 cents!!

Right, you can always bargain for the guns on consignment at Four Seasons, just make an offer and they will contact the seller and ask if they will accept.

The first .22 I got was also a used Smith and Wesson 22A from Four Seasons. At one point something broke on it and Smith and Wesson
repaired it no charge.

"Smith & Wesson’s Lifetime Service Policy begins after the warranty period has expired. Smith & Wesson will repair, without charge, for the lifetime of the original owner, any Smith & Wesson handgun purchased on or after February 1, 1989, and any M&P15 series rifle, that is found to have a defect in material or workmanship."

So if you can prove the original owner is still alive ... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom