• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to meet if the SHTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't image trying to coordinate trying to make life or death decisions with a hundred guys from NES. We would probably all starve to death in the Dunkin parking lot! [rofl]

Unless of course a moderator shows up, then he can call the shots

My father always said, during the heydey of the Cold War, that he would head to the center of a major city to just "get it over with" quickly. Me? I've heard that elementary school desks provide the best cover from a nuclear blast. Gubbermint told me so.

My father always said, during the heydey of the Cold War, that he would head to the center of a major city to just "get it over with" quickly. Me? I've heard that elementary school desks provide the best cover from a nuclear blast. Gubbermint told me so.

[laugh]

Language warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't image trying to coordinate trying to make life or death decisions with a hundred guys from NES. We would probably all starve to death in the Dunkin parking lot! [rofl]

At least a "Hundred Guys from NES" have already proven themselves RATIONAL enough to realize the 2A is critical to America's Survival as a Democracy.

Given I live in Mass, odds are at least half of my neighbors, taken randomly, are imbecile moonbats "what can't park a bicycle straight".

I suppose the fact that YANKEES have not been challenged on their Home Turf since the War of 1812 makes for a very complacent Society, that believes they are immune from disaster.

Last edited:
If we work our way up to Squam, 21 acres up there. No shelter, but huntable, and some of the cleanest water in the State. Should be far enough out of the Boston blast zone. I have been contemplating turning my garage into a Faraday cage, or at least building a modest one for my bike.

At least a "Hundred Guys from NES" have already proven themselves RATIONAL enough to realize the 2A is critical to America's Survival as a Democracy.

Given I live in Mass, odds are at least half of my neighbors, taken randomly, are imbecile moonbats "what can't park a bicycle straight".

I suppose the fact that YANKEES have not been challenged on their Home Turf since the War of 1812 makes for a very complacent Society, that believes they are immune from disaster.

This X 1000

The Chinese or Russians could easily occupy and take California in 48 hours and the greenies and Hollywood weenies would just whine.

Russia needs to be smart, call Obama and start putting massive nukes in Cuba and have the Chinese load troops into Mexico.

SalemCat II: The Return

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Hey, I'm not going anywhere. I have a well, a generator, and three big dogs that can serve as protection or dinner, depending upon the need. Just kidding- I like my dogs, but I now have a plan for my neighbor's yappy dogs.

On a serious note, I do know places I could go to find like-minded individuals in case the end of days fantasies come true. Not something you post on a public forum.

This X 1000

The Chinese or Russians could easily occupy and take California in 48 hours and the greenies and Hollywood weenies would just whine.

Russia needs to be smart, call Obama and start putting massive nukes in Cuba and have the Chinese load troops into Mexico.

You're wrong about California. Yep, the majority of people worthless in a conflict. However, it's a huge state with a huge population and there are more competent gun guys and gals there than in most states. Per capita, probably not. Sheer numbers? Definitely. California has ~8 million gun owners. Not to far off from the number of gun owners in Texas.

CaseHardened if you can still find it the book A Failure of Civility is a good read that can help in your planning.

I'll be hiding in my safe space. You're not allowed in though, the playroom isn't very big.

The ocean has a non stop food supply but the entire coastline of Ma and surrounding states is way to populated. Would rather get away from large group's of people

Back in the 70's, Cresson Kearny wrote a book called Nuclear War Survival Skills. It is free on line, just google his name. He spent most of his life working at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory developing expedient methods to detect and shelter yourself from nuclear fallout.

Nice. And it's made available by the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine

Link to book download

The ocean has a non stop food supply but the entire coastline of Ma and surrounding states is way to populated. Would rather get away from large group's of people
If you live on the coast the ultimate SHTF vehicle is a boat big enough to survive on for weeks or months. You'd need to be able to desalinate water, fish for food and know out of the way places to anchor during the bad storms.

No starving neighbors or raiding parties knocking on your door.

The vehicle issue is the big 1. I have 2 or 3 places planned out for any type of scenario. Unfortunately they are at least a few hrs away by automobile. I havent sorted the transportation part out yet. Have the plan, have the supplies and the means to keep the family safe just dont know how i would get there if automobiles are not working

Old diesel vehicle. All mechanical no electronics. Can run on diesel, heating oil, jet fuel, cooking oil (filter if used and may need to be heated to stay liquid).

Our society has never been so weak.

If the SHTF even twenty years ago, people still carried CASH.

Today, the moment the Network collapses, all those Plastic Cards in our wallets are worthless.

We would instantly become a BARTER Economy.

This. Getting to know your neighbors and working with them is a good plan as long as you have enough neighbors that think along the same lines.

I get what your asking for Case, really I do. I think you are getting push back because it's not something most guys want to discuss over a open forum and even if you meet face to face, it's a trust thing.

Does that mean I don't have plans, no. It just means my plans don't include you or your community. Get to know your neighbours and your immediate surroundings.

Jason.

Communication
is always the KEY.

A network of small groups, all with a WWII-Style Radio could keep in touch and coordinate Relief Efforts.

How do you think General George Patton conquered Nazi-Occupied Europe ?

It's not simply that I don't trust the Government to help after any major attack - which I do not.

It's more of a combination that they are incompetent, will be the first ones targeted by Russia, and are all too happy to bunker, cut and run rather than help the people.

Last edited:

Wait, so that plan is still on? Damn. I'll be there in a bit...

Communication is always the KEY.

A network of small groups, all with a WWII-Style Radio could keep in touch and coordinate Releif Efforts.

How do you think General George Patton conquered Nazi-Occupied Europe ?

Uh, with Third Army. That's how Patton did it.

He had a bit more than radios.

Ever drive around New England and notice how many National Guard Armories there are / or were ?

The NG now is just a Puppet of the Feds.

But at one time they were staffed by local people, and commanded by local people.

In a case of SHTF they were a genuinely valuable asset, and would have presented a formidible obstacle to any Invaders.

We need to bring them back, and especially bring back GENUINE LOCAL CONTROL.

This. Getting to know your neighbors and working with them is a good plan as long as you have enough neighbors that think along the same lines.

That's the thing, when I was a kid I knew all my neighbors and they all knew the neighborhood kids. Nowadays I know only one neighbor(hardly) and the others couldn't care less to even acknowledge a nod of the head or wave, they just look down at their feet. Lots of city folks starting families have moved into the area in recent years and have brought their city mentality of keeping to themselves with them which is fine. I just hope they don't expect me drop everything and and offer a helping hand since they can't even be bothered to respond to a "hey" when standing ten feet away from me at the mailboxes. Hell I've never even seen some of my neighbors who've lived in their homes for 5+ years, as far as I can tell they all moved in and died that night.

That's the thing, when I was a kid I knew all my neighbors and they all knew the neighborhood kids. Nowadays I know only one neighbor(hardly) and the others couldn't care less to even acknowledge a nod of the head or wave, they just look down at their feet. Lots of city folks starting families have moved into the area in recent years and have brought their city mentality of keeping to themselves with them which is fine. I just hope they don't expect me drop everything and and offer a helping hand since they can't even be bothered to respond to a "hey" when standing ten feet away from me at the mailboxes. Hell I've never even seen some of my neighbors who've lived in their homes for 5+ years, as far as I can tell they all moved in and died that night.

Yep and in your area ever square mile has 871 people that will compete with you for food should the just in time system go down.

Better realize they won't need to send in troops or nuke every city if they can shut down the "just in time" food delivery systems and emp the grid. Ya'll will kill each other back east for food, too many people per square mile.

Better realize they won't need to send in troops or nuke every city if they can shut down the "just in time" food delivery systems and emp the grid. Ya'll will kill each other back east for food, too many people per square mile.

You guys in the NorthWest can always feast on GEODUCK.

200px-Jrb_20081127_Mirugai_tsukiji_tokyo_japan_001.JPG

This is actually the least repulsive pic I could find.

[smile]

I have way too much ammo for my sole AR, thanks to you-know-who, so let's meet up for sure, will trade .223 for peanut butter, my kids go through a jar every few days.

- - - Updated - - -

And you'll have 10,000 LA residents squatting on your front lawn in a few weeks, if the earthquake hasn't leveled half of Oregon first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom