Will tango down vert grip work with YHM rails?

Mass-diver

NES Member
I was just reading that tango down vertical grips may be "extremely tight" or requiring fitting when used with YHM rails. Anyone have an personal experience with them?

I have YHM lightweight FF railed forend. If the tango grip won't work, what would be a second, high quality, option?

Thanks!

Hi MassDiver,

Yes, the Tango Down Vertical Grip will fit on your YHM rail. I have one on mine, but it was very hard to get on.

100_2302.jpg

I had to really push the grip onto the rail and in place. To me this was good as it's rock solid with no play or wiggle like I've heard happens with some VGs. The only thing is that it's not going to be easy taking it off, which is fine as I don't plan on taking it off.

I second the KAC...I wa skeptical when I took it out of the package - until I slid it on the rail and locked it up on my SOCOM...That puppy is rock solid and took zero teeth gritting to install. I had a helluva time with the TD and it was still wobbly - off it came and on went the Knights - no bubbles, no troubles. Here's a quick look - PM me if you want one, I may know where a few are...

http://www.operationparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=97098-TAN&click=2

Last edited:
Is there only an issue with the tango down grip with YHM forearms, or does it suck with others?

I was thinking about getting one in the troy group buy to put on my incoming MRF-DI, but won't bother if its crap.

Is there only an issue with the tango down grip with YHM forearms, or does it suck with others?

I was thinking about getting one in the troy group buy to put on my incoming MRF-DI, but won't bother if its crap.

TD Vert Grip is one of if not the best VFG you can buy. YHM is known for making rails that are slightly out of spec and the TD VFG is made to very tight in spec tolerances.

I have a TD VFG on my Troy rails and it went on with out any problems.

The thing with YHM is you get what you pay for

-DM-

TD Vert Grip is one of if not the best VFG you can buy. YHM is known for making rails that are slightly out of spec and the TD VFG is made to very tight in spec tolerances.

I have a TD VFG on my Troy rails and it went on with out any problems.

The thing with YHM is you get what you pay for

-DM-

Thanks. Guess I'm getting one then. [smile]

No, nothing to be sad about. YHM has a very good reputation for quality parts. Not sure what DM is referencing, but my YHM parts are great, solid and I couldn't be happier with it.

There is MUCH worse the YHM it just wouldnt be my first (or sixth choice for that matter). But The truth is YHM rails are usually larger (hence out of spec) and the parking isnt all that great, they are heavier, and have a larger over all diameter and are heavier. They are in no way compared to Daniel Defense, KAC, Larue Tactical, or Troy. They are good for the money but there are better options for a liitle to a bit more money.

-DM-

Back
Top Bottom