• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester 350 Legend

What's with the arbitrary bolding? (I know you didn't do it, but you did post it...)

Heck, by strict definition, the lever gun has to be a shorter barrel. (Carbine vs. rifle)
I have no idea. That's how the nh website has it. And the listing of lever action is just f***ed up. The way its written you can't even use a single shot break open rifle.....and there are plenty of single shot break opens out there in those calibers.

Lots of areas that were shotgun only in nh have already adopted rifles in certain caliber as well as handguns. This is now true for most of zone m. Trick is it has to be a lever action carbine no semi auto.....and by strict definition no bolt action 🙄

My goal this year is to take a deer with the 44 mag Smith.

View attachment 651717
"Live free or die"

Same caliber back-up for hunters in straight-wall only states? A friend used to shoot silhouette with a 629 built for 357-44 Bain & Davis. Ballistics are actually better than the 350 Legend and it's a shorter cartridge. Would have been easier for S&W to make also.

87cc36e9-9e15-4b2a-82aa-f17feef84801-jpeg.553396
Its not a saami cartridge.

True, but it is well known.
But moonclips is a huge pain.

Ask the 38 special shooters. You have to buy moonclips for dofferent brass. And who makes those? - TK ... and they charge stupid money.

350 is also readily available for all those that don't reload.

I think it makes sense they went with the 350. (Keep in mind I usually talk sh*t about SW).

Last edited:
But moonclips is a huge pain.

Ask the 39 special shooters. You have to buy moonclips for dofferent brass. And who makes those? - TK ... and they charge stupid money.

350 is also readily available for all those that don't reload.

I think it makes sense they went with the 350. (Keep in mind I usually talk sh*t about SW).
The 'Legend' requires the clips, correct? 357/44 does not.

Very nice solid rifle in 350 Legend, that I've been looking at myself.
Found a video showing it has excellent accuracy with cheap ammo. I won't be reloading for it right away, so good, cheap ammo is key.

I am trying to find more videos / reviews to see if this guy got lucky with his rifle or the accuracy is consistent.

View: https://youtu.be/Uo44S4ys0EM

I am not a fan of the Ruger American - cheap stocks and looks like accuracy in other calibers is sh*t. However, people seem to say good things about it in 350 legend, so I need to read a bit more on it.

Found a video showing it has excellent accuracy with cheap ammo. I won't be reloading for it right away, so good, cheap ammo is key.

I am trying to find more videos / reviews to see if this guy got lucky with his rifle or the accuracy is consistent.

View: https://youtu.be/Uo44S4ys0EM

I am not a fan of the Ruger American - cheap stocks and looks like accuracy in other calibers is sh*t. However, people seem to say good things about it in 350 legend, so I need to read a bit more on it.

I've been hesitant to buy a Ruger American in this because of feeding issues with that bolt. However, I have several Americans .223, 308, 6.5 and the accuracy with all of them has been fantastic. 6.5 manbun has the best, but I did put a Magpul Hunter stock on it, but its way sub MOA at 100 with Hornady Match, and my reloads. All the others are around an inch or less at 100 with the flimsy stock.

The CVA is definately a little better feeding, and stock is way better. Accuracy I could really not care a ton as long as its pretty good to 150. That is not a long distance round for the most part....its a 250 yard rifle for hunting at very best. But for hunting I want it to feed smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom