Woburn Sports Authority Sells Out

Sunday is our usual shooting day. Our club is in Woburn, as are Carl and Hollly. But he's not open on Sundays so Patrick and I have been going to Sports Authority to pick up cheap ammo.

Well, this weekend we were sorely surprised when the hunting sports section was missing rifles, shotguns and ammo!!

I was told that due to "lack of interest" they are no longer carrying such things. But they said that Newton still is. Not that that helps.

I suppose it's a blessing in disguise because the last time we bought ammo there they wrote down our names, license #s and exactly what we bought. Kind of stooopid [roll]
besides, I'd rather give my $$ to Carl. Will just have to stock up during the week.

SiameseRat said:
Sunday is our usual shooting day. Our club is in Woburn, as are Carl and Hollly. But he's not open on Sundays so Patrick and I have been going to Sports Authority to pick up cheap ammo.

Well, this weekend we were sorely surprised when the hunting sports section was missing rifles, shotguns and ammo!!

I was told that due to "lack of interest" they are no longer carrying such things. But they said that Newton still is. Not that that helps.

I suppose it's a blessing in disguise because the last time we bought ammo there they wrote down our names, license #s and exactly what we bought. Kind of stooopid [roll]
besides, I'd rather give my $$ to Carl. Will just have to stock up during the week.
'

That stinks. If you find another ammo dealer in Woburn let me know. I usually shoot at MRA on Sundays, and it isn't convenient for me to travel up to Woburn during the week just to buy ammo. Something in the area and open Sunday would be nice.

The Sports Authority store in Danvers is doing the same thing, they are going to do away with everything. A few years ago they stopped selling handguns because they were not a popular item, [roll] then they did away with rifles and shotguns...now they don't carry anything at all, not even cleaning kits or patches. Zilch,nada,,nothing! They're nothing more than an over-priced Wally World now, Clothing, designer fashions, PC sporting goods, I was told they don't even carry steel-tip darts! [shock]

How can someone not carry Steel Tip Darts?

Just kidding. But I am having a hard time finding a good dart store. I drive out to Worchester because they have one of the best supply stores out there.

I just wish that I could find a good place out near me. Everything is either a Seasonal, or the bar itself, or cheap stuff from Dicks or something.

But being that I don't throw leagues anymore, it's not that big of a deal.

I usually buy my dart supplies from Woodways in Somerville, but there's also a store in Waltham,don't remember the name but it's on Moody St.

I only live about 1/4 mile away from Dart World in Lynn, but they don't sell to the public. [cry]

Woodways has a good selection of supplies.
http://www.woodwaydartsbilliards.com/

Sports Authority in Shoppers World doesn't carry ammo or guns anymore either. As a result, I will never shop there again for anything. Besides, Dick's just opened up nearby.

I haven't gotten around to writing the Sports Authority offices yet, but I should...

Mod Hat On!

Dam Dawn,

Dealer ads do not belong here. I am moving your post to it's own thread in the Dealer's Forum.

Welcome to the forum. Please read the sticky threads for pointers on what goes where and what is acceptable and not. Thanks.

I went to Sports Authority in Nashua, NH to pick up some ammo and a pistol case and all that stuff was gone, they still had bb guns. I was shocked.

All of the Sports Authority stores I've seen lately have been "sanitized".
It's pretty ironic since when I lived in Virginia in '99 Sports Authority
had some of the best pistol deals around. Looks like we can look forward
to more and more yuppie stores as we get the likes of SA and Decathalon.
I'm glad that Dick's has finally moved here (loved them in NY) but that hardly
stems the tide...

F

Back
Top Bottom