• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

Was at the club yesterday. Man I was shocked. The new construction they are building is like 100ish feet from the outdoor range. And they look to be building in the left too.

Did the developer put of the fence or did we?

Is there some kind of grand father clause that let’s us survive?

3FF6FE35-8301-41DA-9C22-66D483571904.jpeg

I believe the the no trespassing are already up, and a big sign at the drive way end saying private gun range no trespassing. But some of these new houses in the winter will look down right on the range. It would be hilarious if the RE agent did not know about the IDPA shoot and showed up on an idpa Saturday.

Last edited:
Just got home for sighting in a new muzzleloader. I left an adjustable target stand and two pieces of ferring strips in front of the metal rifle range shack. If anyone is out there and can toss them inside the shack, I'd appreciate it.

Just in case any members email addresses have changed and you are not getting the newsletters and announcements, access is changing from the fob to a Bluetooth app.

I went over yesterday to drop off my fob and have them activate the app. Only takes a minute to activate if you show up during the selected times with the app already installed on your phone.

Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club

Anyone know anything about this club. I'm Looking to find a new range that has indoor and outdoor pistol ranges and is just a gun club. No sportsmans clubs or rod and gun clubs. Also I want to be within a 30 minute driving distance outside of Worcester.
I was once a member, and it was a laid back, kind of roun
I am just curious if anyone is a member at the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club in Boylston. I am just looking for some opinions on the club. I went to an orientation meeting last week and plan on becoming a member (if I get voted in). Unfortunately the meeting was at night and I could not see the outdoor ranges that well. The people that held the meeting seemed very nice and knowledgeable. Seems like it is a good place to learn from more experienced members. Any input would be appreciated.
I used to be, a long time ago. Back then, it was a very laid back, kind of ragged-around-the-edges club. Almost like a slightly upgraded sandpit, with not a lot of rules. In short, a great place to shoot.

Then, some new people came in, and started upgrading things. A good plan, but they also brought in a bunch of range nazis. They started hassling everyone about membership cards, and signing in, and everything else. Unless you went there when no one was around, you were bound to have to deal with one of these junior Barney Fifes. The final straw was when they put one in charge of membership. If dues were one second late, you had to reapply for membership. The clown was a jerk. I didn't renew.

I hear they got rid of the membership nazi, and things have calmed down a lot.

I used to be, a long time ago. Back then, it was a very laid back, kind of ragged-around-the-edges club. Almost like a slightly upgraded sandpit, with not a lot of rules. In short, a great place to shoot.

Then, some new people came in, and started upgrading things. A good plan, but they also brought in a bunch of range nazis. They started hassling everyone about membership cards, and signing in, and everything else. Unless you went there when no one was around, you were bound to have to deal with one of these junior Barney Fifes. The final straw was when they put one in charge of membership. If dues were one second late, you had to reapply for membership. The clown was a jerk. I didn't renew.

I’ve been a member for about 12 or more years. I almost never go there on a weekend but during the week and usually I’m either the only one there or just 2 to 3 others. I always find that hard to believe because I think the membership is about 900 plus.
I guess I’ve been fortunate to never run into one of the range nazis.

I’ve been a member for about 12 or more years. I almost never go there on a weekend but during the week and usually I’m either the only one there or just 2 to 3 others. I always find that hard to believe because I think the membership is about 900 plus.
I guess I’ve been fortunate to never run into one of the range nazis.
This was back in the late 80s. Well before your time.

This was back in the late 80s. Well before your time.

You're actually bringing up how the club was 35 years ago? The club has always been "A safe place to shoot". It was built on land once owned by the Worcester Sand and Gravel.

The club has modernized to keep up with the times. The outside ranges are quite nice and safe. The indoor range rivals any government or commercial range with everything state of the art to keep all members and guests safe. You'd be hard pressed to find a better indoor range owned by a private members club.

If you haven't been to WPRC in 35 years, I suggest you go and check it out.

Where have you been shooting the last 35 years? Asking for a friend.

Jay

The people I have communicated with on NES from WPRC have been top notch, I would put it on my list if I needed another club.

A good old fashion lock and key works 100% of the time…..technology is great when it works.
Managing keys with hundreds of members is a non-starter and there is no way to get a key back when members don’t renew. An electronic system allows the club to revoke access to members who don’t renew and doesn’t require periodically changing the locks and issuing hundreds of new keys.

A padlock and keys works for a small club, but Worcester isn’t small.

Back
Top Bottom