Worst case scenario?

wasralex22

NES Member
From Zombies, to alien invasion, all the down to a enemy take over.

What do you think the worst case scenario would be? What would completely doom us all. (lets think outside the box)[rolleyes]

To me, an alien invasion... What if our technology, our weapons did not work on them?

Russia or China decide to dump 1 trillion in treasuries onto the market and the Fed cannot print enough momey to cover them, and the dollar tanks.
The stock market tanks a day later and interest rates are 24%. Everyone's liquidity is wiped out.

A loaf of bread or a gallon of gas instantly costs 50 bucks.

The FSA riots and loots walmart for food.

Figure things from there.

Having things bad enough to have to abandon our home here involuntarily and having to potentially involve my children in having to defend themselves is my WCS.

Obama nukes Iran. World Court wants to bust him. Left wing nut jobs discover USA " F You " pride. And take us to war with Earth , making all the " Right wing" citizens do their fighting for them.

Immigration Reform occurs this summer , 11 million new Democrat voters turn Texas ,& Florida solid Left/Blue. Constitutional Convention repeals any restraints on the Federal Government who proceed to protect the Shite out of us.

Russia and China decide to ally and force others to dump both US Treasuries and the Petro Dollar.

Solar Flare ( google Carrington Event ). Imagine every cable on those phone poles turning toaster oven red , and frying. its already happened once.

Nothing changes. You live another 30 years and tell youngsters " I remember when we didnt have our Social Security IDs implanted at birth , and the government wasnt allowed to kill you for disagreeing with them.

Scary to think about these. The sunspot one or treasuries dump could happen any day withou warning.

The worst to me is the threat from our ow elected officials, ALLOWED by us.

I read articles like that, and it ticks me off. Not because there isn't germane info in there, but because there is enough inaccurate information to discredit the article.

From the article: The Great Geomagnetic Storm of 1989 was responsible for taking down Hydro-Québec’s electricity transmission system and reached as far down as Salem, Massachusetts. Pictured below is what one of the transformers looked like after the storm hit. What’s scary about the following image is that it was taken at the Salem Nuclear Powerplant and shows just how susceptible even our most protected facilities are to solar storms.

We don't have a nuke plant in Salem. It used to be coal, and they are trying to convert it to LNG. http://www.salemnews.com/local/x1196429709/Power-plant-deal-may-be-near

The only operating Nuke plant in MA is Pilgrim, and there used to be one at Rowe in Pittsfield, which has been 'sorta' decommissioned

Dollar Collapse could happen without warning - there would be signs but you could wake up tomorrow and have the dollar worthless. It's just a matter of how long it will take the gdp to figure it out.

Solar EMP - you should have a day or two notice due to the Stereo-Satellite system that watches the sun.

Nuclear EMP - No notice

Yellowstone - a week maybe

Asteroid - could be happening right now

Worst case for me - any of the above with me 'out of position' too far from home.

I read articles like that, and it ticks me off. Not because there isn't germane info in there, but because there is enough inaccurate information to discredit the article.

From the article: The Great Geomagnetic Storm of 1989 was responsible for taking down Hydro-Québec’s electricity transmission system and reached as far down as Salem, Massachusetts. Pictured below is what one of the transformers looked like after the storm hit. What’s scary about the following image is that it was taken at the Salem Nuclear Powerplant and shows just how susceptible even our most protected facilities are to solar storms.

We don't have a nuke plant in Salem. It used to be coal, and they are trying to convert it to LNG. http://www.salemnews.com/local/x1196429709/Power-plant-deal-may-be-near

The only operating Nuke plant in MA is Pilgrim, and there used to be one at Rowe in Pittsfield, which has been 'sorta' decommissioned

Maybe they messed up and were talking about the Seabrook NH plant?

I will approach this from a realistic worst case scenario. I believe our economy is a lot more fragile than most people would like to think possible. I further believe that the reason our economy is not so well is also the reason it is so fragile. We are dependent on energy. Gasoline, diesel fuel and other petroleum products. Fuel commodities are traded on the world market in U.S. dollars. For a long time experts were saying the reason why petroleum is so expensive is because the value of our dollar shrunk. The reality is that our shrinking dollar did not cause petroleum to go up. The converse is true, petroleum caused our dollar to shrink. Every dollar that is spent on oil/energy is litterally gone up in smoke. You never have anything to show for energy. It is used up and gone forever.
Terrorist could cripple our economy in one months time. They just need to focus their attention not on the U.S. or its people. Just make attacks on oil infrastructure. If they even hinted they would focus attention on trying to attack our oil supply oil would skyrocket in short order. I would say that 20 or so coordinated attacks globally on refineries or crude sources would have a dramatic and instantaneous effect. The way that oil is bought, sold and delivered right now is on an as need basis. Stop the flow of oil and it literally stops our economy. It would only take days of no imports of oil before our cars and trucks would have no way to refuel. Even if half of their attacks were successful and oil still trickeled into our country, it would be so expensive that nobody could afford it. 99% of americans are dependent on oil and truely believe that whenever they want ti fill up their vehicle or turn up their thermostat that the fuel source will be readily available.

I know everyone has their own thoughts on shtf or catastrophic event, but this is what fears me the most. I use to own a heating oil company. I have seen short term shortages caused by short term high demand. These scenarios were quickly overcome because new supply was so close. The worst thing that ever happened was in the middle of a cold winter, the news reports one night that because of excessive cold and high demand that there was a shortage on supply. They URGED people to conserve so we could get through this short term shortage. When I heard this i almost s h i t on the floor. I knew how everyone was going to conserve during this crisis. Everyone called up to get their tank filled up. I probably got 100 phone calls within the next hour. Even people who I knew with near full tanks wanted to be topped off. How responsible was that piece of reporting and how do people really act during a crisis.

Last edited:
Most of the threats listed are : " something bad happens , and the grid goes down. ... Along with the fuel dependent supply of ... Everything."

Which brings one back to the basics again : water , food , shelter ( & heat ) , meds , and the means to protect them.

The likelihood of the sun vs North Korean EMP vs self inflicted money printing don't really matter that much. But doing something to be prepared to live in an extended or permanent blackout situation is my personal worst case / most likely event to use as a template for hoarding socks , plastic forks and stuff. ... Or Rice , coal , lantern oil , 5.56 ammo , an extra set or two of boots. Some friends with scary guns ...

I figure - It's a fun hobby. We're all going to die a horrible death someday , might as well enjoy the ride.

It's a tough question, because the REALLY bad stuff, asteroid, nuke, etc... will kill us all instantly, so we won't suffer and our preps won't help us.

I think an economic collapse/energy crisis that puts everyone out of work and kills power and communications would be one of the worst scenarios. Throw a pandemic on top of it, and that's the jackpot.

Back
Top Bottom