would anyone like to reload some ammo?

ntomsw

Banned
I was going to start reloading and take a class, but things have changed and I probably won't be able to start for at least another 6 months or so, maybe longer. But, I have a couple thousand rounds of brass, maybe more of 9mm, 38spl, 357mag that I was wanting to get reloaded. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who would want to do it and I will pay you. I figured it might be a LITTLE cheaper than buying new ammo. There is other calibers as well. 45auto, .40 that the person who does it can keep because I don't have those guns anyway. Not sure how much brass is there of those other calibers, I just pick up whatever I can find that is descent. Anyone interested, let me know. If this is posted in the wrong section, just let me know. Thanks. Hopefully something can be worked out.

qmmo.net

Q is a licensed re-loader and he will take your brass and reload it for you. He does not ship ammo. I would let you shoot my reloads out of my firearms, but I would not sell you my reloads. Too much liability.

What you're asking is technically illegal if the reloader doesn't have the proper licensing. There's also an 11% federal tax on ammo.

illegal? yeesh, I didn't know that. Ok, thanks anyway. just Don't want these couple thousand rounds to go to waste.

Last edited:
qmmo.net

Q is a licensed re-loader and he will take your brass and reload it for you. He does not ship ammo. I would let you shoot my reloads out of my firearms, but I would not sell you my reloads. Too much liability.

well, if this person is licensed than I should be all good. I will give him a call, thank you.

yeah, I was actually going to ask if anyone had actually used him before, and how the ammo is. I know a friend of mine in Michigan has someone reload for him, but a lot his 45-70 and 45colt were inconsistent, so he started using someone else.

I have shot thousands of his reloads. He comes to many NES shoots to sell ammo.

Oh great. Yeah, I am probably going to go through him. Most of his prices are definitely cheaper than what you would pay at Walmart or any gun shop for sure. Thanks for pointing him out. Does him being an FFL, do away with liability, or is he insured just in case something were to happen?

What you're asking is technically illegal if the reloader doesn't have the proper licensing. There's also an 11% federal tax on ammo.

To the best of my knowledge, the 11% FET doesn't apply to reloaded ammunition when the customer supplies the brass. If the reloader supplies the brass, them the tax must be paid.

His prices are good. Not sure I understand the brass policy, but oh well.

He does not charge for the brass. Buyers must return it. You are bringing your own brass so it's not a big deal.

Q is able to offer cheap prices because most people return the brass. Folks like me who live close will bring him extra brass all the time because we love the work he does and want to help keep the prices low.

He does not charge for the brass. Buyers must return it. You are bringing your own brass so it's not a big deal.

Q is able to offer cheap prices because most people return the brass. Folks like me who live close will bring him extra brass all the time because we love the work he does and want to help keep the prices low.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thank you. I'm pretty sure he said even if he "reloads my brass", I still need to return it. Which is what confused me. But it's all good. He needs it more than me. I'm hoping to place an order next week. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom