WRECKED MY MUZZLELOADER - NOW WHAT?

Well, with a couple of days left to go in the season I decided to try to take out the breech plug on my CVA Bushwacker .50 cal. It didn't go so well. I don't think it was ever removed before and the damn thing did not budge and I ended up stripping the bolt real good and marring up the barrel a bit in the process. Worst part was the plug did turn about 1/8 of turn and I couldn't get it back. So the barrel wouldn't reattach and I had to hunt the last few days of 09 with my bow...

Question is, the gun isn't worth much (if it was I certainly wouldn't have hacked it up) and I was hankering for new one anyway. But, is there a worthwhile fix for it? It would need the plug professionally removed and replaced. Probably not worth it.

I might just post it for sale real cheap in case someone has the same rifle and wants the stock. That is in great condition. Any thoughts for me?

If that's all it's worth, your best bet is to sell it for parts and use the money towards a new muzzleloader. Then again, for the short money its probably worth, I'd probably make it a mission to take it apart. Once you don't care what happens to it, ripping it apart can be fun.

Simple solution, dump it for parts and buy a new TC. Always heard many more complaints about CVA's and Traditions than complements. You get what you pay for.

Let it soak in some oil for a few days try some heat on it ? if it is not worth it piece it out.

Back
Top Bottom