• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Write your representatives

radioman

NES Member
I received a template from the NRA of a letter to send to your state congressional representatives. Two laws are up for consideration shortly. This is the message I got from the NRA---It is imperative that you contact both your state Representative and state Senator and tell them that it’s time to act on these important bills. Urge them to SUPPORT both S.1322 and S.1316!

They sent a template of a letter you can send. You can send it exact or you can tweak it to fit your thoughts. Here's what I did, some of their wording and some of my own. I sent the same letter to both my reps.

My name is Edward Mason I'm law-abiding, licensed Second Amendment supporter in your district, I urge you to please support both S.1322 and S.1316. As Massachusetts gun owners we've been targeted by an activist attorney general. Her unilateral interpretation of what is an assault weapon is the only one of its kind in the country. It does nothing to reduce crime and affects only law abiding citizens. The original law was in place for over 18yrs. 18yrs the law was in place without issue. It didn't reduce crime but it made politicians feel good. I would like to see a repeal of the AWB but I would settle for a return to the original interpretation pre-7-20-2016.

Both S.1322 and S.1316 seek to challenge the gun ban set forth last summer by Attorney General Healey's "enforcement notice," which greatly expands the Commonwealth's definition of "assault weapon. It's time to stand up to her unilateral decision which bans many of the most popular semi-automatic rifles sold and possessed.

Using her logic all kitchen knives should be banned because they look like hunting knives? Ridiculous!

Once again, as your constituent, I urge you to please support S.1322 and S.1316.

Thank you.

According to most politicians the constitution is just a piece of paper with some ink on it.

Why would you think your piece of paper with some ink on it is going to somehow change their minds?[rofl]

Just another letter from a crazy gun nut..

Unless the SCOTUS once and for all decides what every US citizen's rights are regarding firearms this is all just a waste of resources!

Even then both sides won't listen to what the other says anyhow![wink]

Last edited:
You can email the "Commonwealth Conversations" tour - the Senators are listening.
It was packed at the one in Worcester last week, but on the subject of guns, there were only 2 people that spoke about gun issues in their 2-minutes...
1 M.B. anti & 1 pro2A ;) Senator Moore looked sad that I didn't mention the Suppressor bill, but there was only 2 minutes - couldn't fit in everything......

sooooo......you guys - email in & let 'em know what you think - the email link's on here: https://malegislature.gov/cc

I seend these to my state sen. and my ma. House rep regularly. I know my state senator is on board,
Vinny deMacedo, but i dont know about the other guy, because they dont acknowledge the emails.

Sent my own version. My senator (Sheila Harrington - R) doesn't acknowledge my emails, my representative (Eileen Donoghue - D) is a lost cause.

"My name is Mark L, I'm a law-abiding citizen in your district. I am a strong advocate of the US Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment. Recall that that amendment doesn't grant the right, but prohibits the government from infringing upon it. Even so, I am properly licensed in the Commonwealth, though it seems absurd to require licensing to exercise a natural right.

I urge you both to support S.1322 and S.1316. Massachusetts gun owners have been targeted by an activist Attorney General. Her unilateral interpretation of what constitutes assault weapon is the only one of its kind in the country. It does nothing to reduce crime, and affects only law abiding citizens. The original law, and its interpretation by prior AG's, have been in place for over 18 yrs without issue. It has not demonstrably reduced crime, but it gives the appearance of political action in taking steps to protect the electorate. My preference would be for that legislation to be repealed, and for us to rely on the US Constitution, and SCOTUS rulings re-enforcing it, when considering citizens right to bear arms, and not simply to acquiesce to the demagogic stunts of an ambitious politician.

Both S.1322 and S.1316 seek to challenge the gun ban set forth last summer by Attorney General Healey's "enforcement notice," which greatly expands the Commonwealth's definition of "assault weapon". It's time to stand up for us, your constituents, to her unilateral decision, which bans many of the most popular semi-automatic rifles sold and possessed. The notion that these rifles should be banned simply because of the way they look, which has no effect on how they function, is ridiculous.

Once again, as your constituent, I urge you to please support S.1322 and S.1316."

Last edited:
fyi - this just in from Comm.Conv. - Monday for you twitterverse folks:

"If you did not get a chance to attend or speak at a Town Hall, we encourage you to join us for our Twitter Town Hall on Monday, May 8th from 12:00-1:00pm. Tweet your questions to us using #MaConvos and follow @MA_Senate to join the conversation."

Back
Top Bottom