Your Perfect Handgun for CC? Post a pic

I have been buying and trading for years now. I have still not found what I consider the perfect handgun for a CCW. Post your pictures of what you think the perfect CCW is for you.

With any luck, one of your post will steer me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help.

XDS vs LCP.jpg
My friend just got a Springfield XDS (shown here next to her Ruger LCP 380) and ive shot it quite a bit. I'm a Glock guy usually but for EVERYDAY carry, if I can find one in MA ever, I'm getting one as my perfect CCW. Slim, light, reliable, insanely accurate for such a small gun and of course 230+P 45ACP Federal HSTs just rounds out the perfect package.
I hear they are making the XDS in a 9 and 40 soon too so the 9mm version is on my list too.
For Autumn/winter when I can have a sweatshirt or jacket then 15 rounds of 9mm+P HST from my Glock 19 makes the perfect CCW for me.

Last edited:
Korinamba-Ruto-14-herds-c-008.jpg

Mine is the Walther PPS in .40: I've been carrying it literally every day for 11 months now. It, for me, has the perfect blend of reliability, concealability, caliber and ergonomics.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

The PPS keeps comming up. Its just so darn UUUGLY. No offence. Its all in what you like, but for me, I just cant.

Perfect is quite a strong word to use but my preferred at this time is my Ruger SR9c. Its a great gun and conceals pretty well.
I still think a snubbie (what I used to carry SW642) is an all around great gun also for cc.

Pictures10211060.jpg

When the P238 comes out in 9mm, I will certainly take a close look at it. I also like the LCP for pocket carry (commence the .380 caliber bashing). I had a Kahr PM9 and ended up returning it - long sad story. For me pocket carry is the goal and the P238 is really not small enough, so I may just grab the LCP (once it becomes Mass legal).

rugersig.jpg

I don't have a picture but I take my Smith&Wesson 340PD with a crimson trace lazer grip everywhere.
.357 and so light you can forget it's there. I use iether a Desantis speed scaboard (OWB) or a desantis pardner? pocket holster. The only down side is 5 rounds and it's a bear to shoot.

Perfect CCW? Haven't found it yet.

Currently carrying a Ruger LCR in a Desantis Superfly. I love how light it is, but it is only 5 shots, slower to reload, and a bit of a handful to shoot.

I swapped out the factory sight for a green hi viz fiber optic, which I can pick up faster than the original serrated blade, but I end up shooting higher due to how the fiber dot lines up in the rear notch. I think it would make a great back up gun, but not ideal for primary CC.

I'll probably pick up a 9mm M&P Shield, when they are MA complaint for it's increased capacity, ease of reloading, and shootability (based on reviews and videos).

ETA: picture -
4b5e963e.jpg

In the holster -
51715596.jpg

Last edited:
There isn't one. If there was it would be small enough to carry in your pocket, without printing, have the stopping power of a 357 mag and the recoil of a 22 lr.

Back
Top Bottom