Your Perfect Handgun for CC? Post a pic

Sorry to thread jack, but does anyone have something negative to say about crossbreed holsters?

Not really negative, I just didn't much like the huge pad of leather against the body. I like minimal-ish holsters, and would rather have a full kydex IWB, I prefer the CTAC.

I may grab one, or one like it, and give it an other try though now that I have a new carry gun. I am currently awaiting my Raven Vangaurd2 for my G19.

Pretty happy with my G19, I have been using sidearmor holsters for years; however my raven phantom arrived this week (took about 3weeks)

024-5.jpg

when i decided to get a 45 acp for carry, i found that the ruger p345 was very affordable. as an added benefit it was very accurate right out of the box. its been 3 yrs now and i have never had any problems at all with it. i shoot factory hardball, my reloads and factory hollow points (all 230 gr). i like the gun and i like rugers. the only other 45 that would interest me is one from wwii and that will most likely not fit in my budget. it came down to a choice between the p345 and the m&p 45 and the ruger won hands down. i would say that it is a personal choice imho.

eta: it also fits my hand better than most others do.

bob

Thanks for the reply. I am a huge Ruger fan and most Ruger's shoot excellent right out of the box. My SR9c has the best trigger pull for a CCW and I really like the Ruger company. That's pretty good, 3 years without any problem with the 45ACP. I am surprised you picked that over the M&P45 though, it says a lot about Ruger.[wink]

Sorry to thread jack, but does anyone have something negative to say about crossbreed holsters?

There are threads about this subject but I will bite... I think they are excellent holsters. The only complaint I had is every so often there was a squeaking sound when maneuvering with it. I have since switched to Comp-Tac holster as its great quality also with plastic (no squeak) clips.

Thanks for the reply. I am a huge Ruger fan and most Ruger's shoot excellent right out of the box. My SR9c has the best trigger pull for a CCW and I really like the Ruger company. That's pretty good, 3 years without any problem with the 45ACP. I am surprised you picked that over the M&P45 though, it says a lot about Ruger.[wink]
ive liked ruger since the mid 80's when i bought a gp-100 w/4 inch barrel. i like the smith j-frames and thats what i use under lighter shirts in the summer for more of a no printing issue as sometimes the p345 is just to much under a tee shirt.

bob

I agree that SuperTucks are really wide and noisy. For a thin guy like me its like having a squeaky catchers mitt on your side. They are a lot harder to get on and off than my current choice ( PJ IWB holster). That being said I would rather use the big, wide Supertuck if I was going to go back to carrying a 1911 or my S&W 4013; that where the CB holster shines for me.

Kahr P45. I've tried many other choices and never found anything better. If I carried a revolver, it would be a S&W K frame snubby. My choice is based on the size and shape of my body and hands. My favorite probably won't be yours. Try as many as you can.

When I need to pocket carry, (90% of the time) it's my LCP...If I can get away with IWB, it's my CZ82 9x18

I currently have an SR9C but honestly find it uncomfortable to carry.. maybe its because I am a small dude at 5'6... Can anyone steer me in the direction of something I might find more comfortable? I think its the width of the SR9C that makes it uncomfortable.

My Kel Tec PF9 has never let me down. It disapears IWB well and with the side clip have carried it in my wellington boot without a problem. I'm still almost 5'8 (shrunk as I got older). It is the thinest semi I have found. Kahr's may be as thin? YMMV.

It may not be perfect, but I shoot it well and it carries well.

Ten round magazine. One in the chamber. DA/SA no safety.

Walther P99c. This one is in 9mm.

the_rig.jpg

I am not a fan of pocket carry, and dislike the super slim carry guns. The P99c has almost a full grip, three backstraps and the pinky grips for magazines.

Last edited:
Walther P99c or Ruger LCP, depends on the clothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342840122916.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342840122916.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 58
I currently have an SR9C but honestly find it uncomfortable to carry.. maybe its because I am a small dude at 5'6... Can anyone steer me in the direction of something I might find more comfortable? I think its the width of the SR9C that makes it uncomfortable.

What kind of belt and holster are you using? Where do you have the gun positioned?

Update: I'm finally on my home computer and not the phone:

IMG_20111011_194103.jpg

I'm carrying a Streamlight Pro Tac 1 and an HK Vex tanto instead of the other hardware in the pic.

I'm 5'6" as well - I like a Kahr K9 in a UBG Canute holster.

It's good to see a lot of SR9c rigs. I love mine but in the summer in a t-shirt, I am thin enough for printing to sometime occur. It carried great this winter and spring though, I really love this gun. I just detail stripped it and polished the trigger and some other internals and it made a huge difference. Highly recommend anyone getting the SR9c or the SR40c if you like the .40 better.

What kind of belt and holster are you using? Where do you have the gun positioned?

Crossbreed belt and holster... I have tried carrying on my side and between my side and back and just cant seem to find a comfortable position. I should say I can't seem to find a position that isn't uncomfortable.

im infatuated with the PPS, but they really need a trigger job and i have to shoot one before i jump on it. currently run a Ruger SR9 FS with an old Desantis IWB, its actually comfortable for me but i have an odd shape!

if i could have anything i would probably take a CZ Kompact in 9mm, the CZ products are fantastic and i would prolly run a Crossbreed or a remora holster with it.....

Dom

Back
Top Bottom