You're all invited this weekend!

Love the shiny-newness of that photo.

P.S. Someone get the hot gun-babe to the beach, quick. She's looking way too pale. [grin]

P.P.S Is that a .50 BMG on the wall in the lower-right corner? *drool*

P.P.P.S That back corner of the wall, where all the guns are pointing, could use a picture of Bin Laden on it, with an "Oh shits!" look on his face, lol!

Last edited:
Jim, any chance that you've got any spam cans of M1 Garand ammo 30.06? I hope to come up from Springfield on Sat...

Any chance that someone up in that neck of the woods wants to put together a suggested time/day for NES'rs to meet up there, maybe go off for a meal afterwards?

I plan on going and then heading down to Rib Fest at the Budweiser plant in Merrimack, NH.. nothing like drooling at guns and buying some ammo and then stuffing your face with some killer BBQ!!!

I plan on going and then heading down to Rib Fest at the Budweiser plant in Merrimack, NH.. nothing like drooling at guns and buying some ammo and then stuffing your face with some killer BBQ!!!

I take it that you mean this event?

http://ribfestnh.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/flyer.pdf

Children under age 8 are free, adults $5 admission. [HINT: Derek can even bring the boys.] Location is the Budweiser plant.

Lots of things to entertain the kids and adults according to this. http://ribfestnh.org/

Sounds like an outstanding idea.

I take it that you mean this event?

http://ribfestnh.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/flyer.pdf

Children under age 8 are free, adults $5 admission. [HINT: Derek can even bring the boys.] Location is the Budweiser plant.

Lots of things to entertain the kids and adults according to this. http://ribfestnh.org/

Sounds like an outstanding idea.

Oh yeah I have gone every year and it is always a good time.. Only $5 to get in and then the food cost vary by the vendor.. I say we plan on something like hitting MFL around 10:30 and then head out to Ribfest at noon.. How does that sound?

Planning on going to MFL for 10am on Saturday with the fiance (window shopping for her) and possibly a coworker that enjoys the range.

I stopped by MFLR this morning and all I can say is WOW!

This place is unbelievable. Jim spared absolutely no expense. It's quite simply the nicest indoor range I've ever seen.

Kudos to Jim for putting together a first class facility.

Just got home. What a trip!!

The Good - Great place Jim. I just kind of walked around staring at the walls for a while. I'll definitely go back even if it's just to look.

The Bad - left my wallet at home in MA - No money, credit/debt cards, cash, no gas in my truck.. bah.. luckily BOA let me cash a check w/o an ID with reasonable but minimal hassle.

The Ugly - Being from the PRM means it's basically a trip to look and be sad at all the awesome shit I can't buy.

Just got back myself. What an amazing range. When others have said Jim spared no expense they mean it.
The wet backstop system is certainly very cool. The air filtration system is immense. And the Mancom target carrier system is very, very cool.

Walked out mostly unscathed (picked up one of the new 2010 shirts), but primarily because I'm broke and live in MA :(
Those of you who didn't get a chance to check it out today I highly suggest making the trip tomorrow if you can. I imagine it's going to be fairly unlikely you'll see the range quite like this again. Also, some decent bulk ammo deals for those of you that DO have money to spend (I saw 9mm, .40, .223, and 7.62 bulk packs at the very least)

Thanks Jim!

I also just returned home from visiting the new MFLR. All I can say is WOW. I've been to shooting facilities all over this country and never seen anything quite like Jim's new place. As a previous poster said, Jim spared no expense on this place- from the parking lot, to the lobby, to the bathrooms, and the world class shooting facility, it was simply amazing. Jim asked me what I thought and I told him exactly what I was thinking- it was overwhelming.

And if all that wasn't enough, Jim had killer deals on guns and ammo throughout the store. If you haven't seen it yet, get up there and see it!! I can't emphasize that enough.

Jim, I think you made the transition from being the East Coast's premier shooting facility to being the Country's premier shooting facility.

Congratulations and best luck for continued success.

My son and I were there from about 10:30 until noon... it's a VERY nice range! I got some bulk 9mm, some .223, some defense 9mm, and some .38spl... and I too drooled at the NFA walls! $13,000 for a nice M-16!

They still haven't moved everything over from the old facility across the street... and you need to go to the old facility to run your credit card (unless you brought cash!) until the beginning of next week (thanks to the phone company).

That target system is great! Lighting changes, flashing police lights, targets that can turn 360* (for shoot/no shoot scenarios), and the carriers can run at or away from you... what a nice system!

The floor looks so new that you're afraid to step on it for fear that you'll stick to it & mess it up! There's 8 lanes for non-members and 6 lanes for members, and the air handler system is impressive! Total target distance is 60' so that they have room to empty the traps behind the backstop.

I saw LenS and his wife, EdHead35 & his wife, and a couple of other familiar faces, although we didn't introduce ourselves to all of you... EdHead was nice enough to wear his NES patch on his hat so we said "Hi" to him...

They're going to keep both buildings open... both ranges will be available during the winter, and on weekends during the summer; the older range will be available for classes or (Whoo-hoo) bachelor parties, etc, or as needed for overflow.

Thanks for the invite, Jim. It was a pleasure to meet you and chat with you. Congratulations on completing your new facility! I wish I lived closer!

It's hard to describe just how nice it is. Thanks for the tour Jim. While I was there I picked up some 5.45x39 and a t-shirt. Can't wait to use it up.

Back
Top Bottom