• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10 mm Comparison

10mm + 1911 = ✊💦

Check out the Magnum Research 1911 in 10mm.
Nice looking chunk of steel. Probably a great shooter and... crap, another case of G.A.S. [laugh]

magnum-research-1911-02-1024x575.jpg

I've been pretty happy with my Delta Elite. I'm partial to the gen 1's and several years ago picked up this one from a NESer. It has the extended beaver tail and Ed Brown hammer and trigger. It had VZ grips cheese graters but I swapped them out somewhere between grinding off my calluses and hitting bone. My G20 is the go-to utility 10mm for me, but I'm much more attached to the Delta.

1677349589250-png.725447

I have the compact Glock 10mm and I really like it. It’s actually a bit smaller that the G19 (I think) and it handles recoil well enough. The 1911 is going to be heavier and therefore handle recoil better, so I guess it’s just a matter of personal preference

I have A G20SF, M&P 10mm 4" M&P 10mm Performance Center, XDM Elite 10mm. The G20 by far kicks the most, but it's also been perfectly reliable for the 10 years or so I've had it. The M&P 4" Has less recoil than the G20, but had a ton of problems, mostly related to the extractor. The XDM Kicked the least, but just doesn't fit my hands great. I use the small backstraps on M&Ps for example. And unfortunately I haven't shot the Performance Center yet. Most likely will shoot it this weekend. I ordered the Apex extractor for it and some safety plugs that are coming in on Saturday.
Interesting i never minded a g20's recoil but I'll give the xd a go

Nice looking chunk of steel. Probably a great shooter and... crap, another case of G.A.S. [laugh]

magnum-research-1911-02-1024x575.jpg

I've been pretty happy with my Delta Elite. I'm partial to the gen 1's and several years ago picked up this one from a NESer. It has the extended beaver tail and Ed Brown hammer and trigger. It had VZ grips cheese graters but I swapped them out somewhere between grinding off my calluses and hitting bone. My G20 is the go-to utility 10mm for me, but I'm much more attached to the Delta.

1677349589250-png.725447
Magnum research 1911's are phillipino rebrands. Rock Island does make solid guns but i wouldnt pay 40% more for a different roll mark

I have the compact Glock 10mm and I really like it. It’s actually a bit smaller that the G19 (I think) and it handles recoil well enough. The 1911 is going to be heavier and therefore handle recoil better, so I guess it’s just a matter of personal preference
Interesting...i hated the 29. It slammed my middle knuckle against the trigger guard

Magnum research 1911's are phillipino rebrands. Rock Island does make solid guns but i wouldnt pay 40% more for a different roll mark
All sources I have seen state that the MR 1911's are made in Israel by BUL. Also their roll marks show Israel.

Last edited:
5. Glock Gen 4 model 20 ( This one always just works but definitely not as exciting as some of the others.)
besides being super reliable, the 20 brings nothing to the table compared to the other entries. but i'd ask for reliability over insane looks and bells and whistles. glock is smart enough to know what works and not to monkey with it. i am a glock fan boy and even i think boring once in a while. but on the other hand, i do love the p220 sig has. i've a few in .45 acp over the years, the only sigs i've owned. still currently own my first one picked up in '94. that too is very reliable, as were the others i've owned.

I've shot many hundreds of rounds in both my G20 and the Delta Elite, from basic factory Fed soy boy fodder to max load hotness as God intended for the 10mm. So far both guns have the same reliability- 100%. I even had a bad KB in the Delta from that f-ing POS dangerous Oath Ammo company. Ballooned a mag a bit and sent hot gas and brass shrapnel down the mag well and into my hand, but gun is fine. Brass blew out at the unsupported part of the load ramp, so not completely a surprise there was no damage to the gun but still...

I need to figure out who was the owner of Oath Ammo and do the wife, upper decker, keys thing and toss in a throat punch or two.

Idk maybe their older ones? I could also just be wrong but I have a pretty good memory and that sticks in my head for some reason
They say your mind is the second thing to go. I can't seem to remember what was the first thing...

Back
Top Bottom