• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1st time shooting 9mm advise needed

Just adding my piece. My first gun was a S&W 686 .357 - like I trained on before my BPD qualifier to get my LTC. I used that until I was scoring north of 290 of my qualifiers. Then I wanted to moved to a polymer semi auto - a S&W M&P9 - it was light , priced right and fit well in my hand. Now my accuracy was damn good if I say so myself with the revolver - I concentrated on trigger squeeze, breath control, follow through, front site etc - even when using mag rounds - and felt proficient. Once I moved over to the M&P I at first all was over the place, then when I settled down I was still generally very low and inconsistent. After much practice and focusing on rigid upper body, trigger squeeze and grip I got much better and am now pretty accurate with my M&P9. As I have had the opportunity to try other peoples semi autos at the range - alloy S&W's, Berrettas, Glocks and HKs - I concluded the stock M&P9 Mass trigger is total junk. Gritty, very heavy, breaks slugishly and just poor overall - I dont have the vocabulary to do it justice. In any event, I have sent mine to Dan Burwell to get it fixed. Lets hope he can salvage it. I'll let you know how it comes back.

Back
Top Bottom