• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 Short NAA... Come at me, NES

Since people are talking about this I figure I'll give an update. Aiming is a challenge, but once you get a feel for it you can hit your target at 15 feet... if the round goes off. I'm having a significant problem with misfires and light strikes, even with CCI. Before I was using Aguila and figured it was the ammo, but going to the CCI the problem got worse.

I'm going to check and see if there's any drag marks on the hammer. The .22 LR's don't seem to have as many light strikes and they use the same internals as the Short model does, so it's not like NAA is using weaker springs in the Short.

Yeah but a derringer is at least less useless than that thing at least you can hold on to a derringer
I remember sitting on the hood of a parked car and shooting at rabbits at 20' with a NAA .22lr about 40 years ago. Gun flipped up and out of my hand! Alcohol might have been involved.

There are some grips that aren't much larger than the stock ones that help. I'll be looking into which of those most have had success with.

My original thought was to find some of the laser grips that Laserlyte made a few years ago. They're no longer made, so I'll be looking for them on ebay I think.
Actually, Viridian now makes the laser grips, but for the magnum frame only. I bought one last year. Here's the link (I spent a lot less than this when I bought mine): Red Grip Laser for NAA Magnum Frame

Frank

Actually, Viridian now makes the laser grips, but for the magnum frame only. I bought one last year. Here's the link (I spent a lot less than this when I bought mine): Red Grip Laser for NAA Magnum Frame

Frank
For anyone who may be interested, these Viridian laser grips (for the magnum frame) are currently on sale for $99, while supplies last (use code NAA-VL-FALL): GVL-M

Frank

You really ought to try Cvang grips on that puppy.

Rats. Tried to find a link but it looks like they're only being made for magnum frames anymore. Too bad--you'd have loved them.

You really ought to try Cvang grips on that puppy.

Rats. Tried to find a link but it looks like they're only being made for magnum frames anymore. Too bad--you'd have loved them.
Seems like most of the grips, holsters, and accessories for NAA's focus on the magnums, which is odd because you'd think the smaller .22 LR frame would still be common enough given the caliber is popular.

Seems like most of the grips, holsters, and accessories for NAA's focus on the magnums, which is odd because you'd think the smaller .22 LR frame would still be common enough given the caliber is popular.

I have no idea how many LR models they sell compared to magnum frames. I think the LRs are too small. Comments I read online by people having trouble gripping them are always referring to the smaller-framed guns.

I believe most of the magnum models are available as convertibles--with both magnum and LR cylinders--so it's easy to shoot the budget bullets out of the larger frame.

I have no idea how many LR models they sell compared to magnum frames. I think the LRs are too small. Comments I read online by people having trouble gripping them are always referring to the smaller-framed guns.

I believe most of the magnum models are available as convertibles--with both magnum and LR cylinders--so it's easy to shoot the budget bullets out of the larger frame.
Grips can always be made larger, even with the magnum frames a longer grip is a popular option.

Back
Top Bottom