• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22LR MEGA THREAD!

4rasgo.jpg

My buddy called and so far only has gone I week with out finding 22lr. Most he paid so far is .12rd for CCI SV.
He now has bulk packs from just about every manufacturer. Hes also scored some match ammo for when he gets a nicer 22.

Anyone know what these are for? I had some Aquila Super Extras and these were in the mix. I was at the range today and tried one in the magazine of my SR22. It fed in ok but it just ‘popped’ and didn’t even move the slide back. They might be ok in a single shot.
View attachment 426593
That’s exactly what they’re for. A pop.
Good for indoor target shooting in the living room or bedroom. Great for wounding ants or butterflies to the point where you can finish them off in hand to hand combat. Great for slapping the wife’s ass from across the room. She’ll never figure out how you managed it.

That’s exactly what they’re for. A pop.
Good for indoor target shooting in the living room or bedroom. Great for wounding ants or butterflies to the point where you can finish them off in hand to hand combat. Great for slapping the wife’s ass from across the room. She’ll never figure out how you managed it.
The box says “Without gunpowder”. What the hell is in them? Fairy dust? Maybe they’ll work in a slingshot.

Anyone know what these are for? I had some Aquila Super Extras and these were in the mix. I was at the range today and tried one in the magazine of my SR22. It fed in ok but it just ‘popped’ and didn’t even move the slide back. They might be ok in a single shot.
View attachment 426593
Turns your 22lr into an expensive per round air rifle. 20 gn bullet at 500 fps or so

View: https://youtu.be/Y-T2TWje2e8

Last edited:
Anyone know what these are for?
When a Regular Colibrí just won't get the job done.

It did I think. I ran a box of Remington LR through it without any issues. Thanks for letting me know.
I had no idea Remingtons were that good at clearing a squibbed bore... [shocked]

It’s good to know I can use my .22 for a pellet gun for varmints if need be.
Even if they're wearing soda cans as armor!

Even if they're wearing soda cans as armor!
😂I shoveled out a spot for the dogs to take dumps. I’ve got a rabbit thats crapping all over the yard. My little dog h8’s the damn rabbit and bolts after it every time I take her out lol. The other dog likes to eat all the turds.

Last edited:
Well, I just got a bunch of primed 22 brass. Time to see what can be done to improve the world of 22lr. I know it sounds nuts but they also thought that bottled water, talking movies, and airplanes were bad ideas. All jokes aside, how about some suggestions so we can set the 22 precision shooting sports on their ...... Note: firing 22lr through an AR-15 with a precision Krieger 21 inch.1:9 twist seems to work pretty well. BTW... I know there are plenty of reasons why it should not but it did.

Well, I just got a bunch of primed 22 brass. Time to see what can be done to improve the world of 22lr. I know it sounds nuts but they also thought that bottled water, talking movies, and airplanes were bad ideas. All jokes aside, how about some suggestions so we can set the 22 precision shooting sports on their ...... Note: firing 22lr through an AR-15 with a precision Krieger 21 inch.1:9 twist seems to work pretty well. BTW... I know there are plenty of reasons why it should not but it did.
Problem 1) casting the projectile. It is a heeled bullet and I don't recall ever seeing a mold to cast them. And in my (not so) humble opine the heeled bullet is inherently less stable than a boat tailed bullet. And less stable = less accurate.
That being said, I do love being proven wrong! And if 5he process is fun and informative then it is not wasted time but valuable knowledge learned.

you need a blieker rifle to really see what your 22lr
reloads can do!

Problem 1) casting the projectile. It is a heeled bullet and I don't recall ever seeing a mold to cast them. And in my (not so) humble opine the heeled bullet is inherently less stable than a boat tailed bullet. And less stable = less accurate.
That being said, I do love being proven wrong! And if 5he process is fun and informative then it is not wasted time but valuable knowledge learned.
Great point! I was always wondering what would happen when you boat tail a 40gr .22? Have to put that in the test mix.

Great point! I was always wondering what would happen when you boat tail a 40gr .22? Have to put that in the test mix.
your thinking all wrong , a "healed" 22lr bullet is the same as a rebated boat tail.
1609082229177.png

never heard of these folks

I wonder if a gas checked design 224 bullet would hold the crimp?

NOE has a good selection of healed bullet molds

Last edited:
I stopped into Shooters Outpost yesterday. They had some 22 on the shelf but for the price they were getting (+/_ 8.00per 50 round box), I can shoot 38 reloads for the same money...
Damn. I just took delivery of 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mags 40 gr for $60 and thought that was high...

Back
Top Bottom