.22LR MEGA THREAD!

The BSA is in some serious need of new furniture. The LOP is about 12" hence the slip on recoil pad. The forearm has that aluminum channel plowed into it which will never be utilized by me.
It was supposed to be one of my winter projects. Now it's the rain day project. Still deciding between cherry and maple, maybe ash.

The BSA is in some serious need of new furniture. The LOP is about 12" hence the slip on recoil pad. The forearm has that aluminum channel plowed into it which will never be utilized by me.
It was supposed to be one of my winter projects. Now it's the rain day project. Still deciding between cherry and maple, maybe ash.
You could probably find someone to buy the BSA furniture as it sits on your rifle. I still see a good amount of people shooting the bsa rifles. Handful at 200 yard off hand match.

Are you planing to make the stock yourself?

You could probably find someone to buy the BSA furniture as it sits on your rifle. I still see a good amount of people shooting the bsa rifles. Handful at 200 yard off hand match.

Are you planing to make the stock yourself?
I will be doing my own woodwork. I have some blocks that I will split tomorrow or Saturday to see what the character is.

I do like the BSAs. I have an international MK II that I use for benchrest.

For what ever reason pictures did not post in order for me ? So its backwardsAD8E06E0-517F-43EC-8B72-61647B1704CE.jpeg Almost sub moa 7th shot out to 9 was all me dead center hit was a lucky miss.
Only shooting for groups
I had 2 more nice 1”-ish groups but did not have time to wait for next cold range call
A13A3103-6586-46A4-B088-472FCEF120BB.jpeg3rd group less of a death grip EBF923E5-BD9D-4A17-BBFA-06C04F3CEB66.jpeg Took 20 plus rounds for barrel and ammo to settle
Brought the 10/22 with kidd barrel out for a run with Tenex 100 yards with rest
10 shot groups
Group 1 on top on 9 ring ( scope is zeroed for other ammo and distance) #2 is in 10 and 9 ring. The pulled left shots are all me. Just finished a service rifle match and I kept death gripping the stock.

Wolf ( I think it's extra match ) at 100yds through a Savage mkii on sandbags. View attachment 322682
nice, wolf match extra IIRC is now contracted with Eley- look on the box ? Its most likely eley Club ? Wolf always did well by me with out spending a fortune. I was using it when lapua/SK was making it. SK standard plus is another good price/accuracy trade off.

Last edited:
Here is what shot. Ive spent some time with different brands and some just dont work in this rifle , but the wolf and cci sv , so far, seem to work great
20200106_064807.jpg

And , if anyone has any info on this .22lr, that would.be great.20200106_070357.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what shot. Ive spent some time with different brands and some just dont work in this rifle , but the wolf and cci sv , so far, seem to work great
View attachment 322754

And , if anyone has any info on this .22lr, that would.be great.View attachment 322757
Staynless, non corrosive priming compound
lead bullet and lubed with grease.

Has anyone seen any CCI Quiet-22 semi auto .22 ammo in stores? I don't want to spend $ 11+ to have them shipped for just 100 rounds to try them in my 10/22

Made the foray into the .22 LR world today. Bought a Thompson Center T/C R22 at Four Seasons for 229.00. I'm looking to add a scope and was looking at a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32. Wondering if anyone else has a scope on theirs and what size rings are suggested? I plan on keeping the rear peep and front sight on.

Thanks for any info.

Has anyone seen any CCI Quiet-22 semi auto .22 ammo in stores? I don't want to spend $ 11+ to have them shipped for just 100 rounds to try them in my 10/22

Are you trying to be discrete in the back yard? LOL. The semi-auto version is definitely hearing safe, but still not as "quiet" as the regular Quiet 22. The SA is 45 gr. The bullet drop was more than standard velocity at 50 yds in the 10/22. And doesn't seem to group as nice as std velocity and cost more.

Are you trying to be discrete in the back yard? LOL. The semi-auto version is definitely hearing safe, but still not as "quiet" as the regular Quiet 22. The SA is 45 gr. The bullet drop was more than standard velocity at 50 yds in the 10/22. And doesn't seem to group as nice as std velocity and cost more.
I am trying to keep my dog with mega esophagus from barking a lot, he can aspirate and it gets expensive.

Last edited:
Ordered this from my dealer. Going to do the Appleseed in Mansfield next weekend. Scope and mount on the way as well.

Was a member of the south Natick rifle club MANY years ago. So not a noob. Did very well.

This will be in addition to my go to 80’s 10/22

Also ordered the cci quiet .22 semi auto Came today. Hope to try it soon

Attachments

• 377333B7-8458-4972-BE79-E3BD14526456.png
    377333B7-8458-4972-BE79-E3BD14526456.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 29
Made the foray into the .22 LR world today. Bought a Thompson Center T/C R22 at Four Seasons for 229.00. I'm looking to add a scope and was looking at a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32. Wondering if anyone else has a scope on theirs and what size rings are suggested? I plan on keeping the rear peep and front sight on.

Thanks for any info.
ring height varries a bit depending on manucture. Plus depends on mount, and scope objective size.
How much you need to clear your sight.
consider any scope lens covers you may use. i cut mine to fit if needed.
You can use clay to get idea of ring height.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYnA1UJH5lU

i run a 8x32x44 scope on mine and have a set of burris rings. I for the life of me cant remember low or medium.

ring height varries a bit depending on manucture. Plus depends on mount, and scope objective size.
How much you need to clear your sight.
consider any scope lens covers you may use. i cut mine to fit if needed.
You can use clay to get idea of ring height.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYnA1UJH5lU

i run a 8x32x44 scope on mine and have a set of burris rings. I for the life of me cant remember low or medium.

Thanks for the information. I ordered the scope and will figure it out when I get it. I'll update here when I do. I didn't want to order the rings only to have them be the wrong ones, so I'll measure once I have the scope.

I don’t want to read the whole thread.
What are people’s thoughts on the Winchester Xpert HV 36 grain stuff? It’s cheap but is is cheap?

What are people’s thoughts on the Winchester Xpert HV 36 grain stuff? It’s cheap but is is cheap?
Haven't tried it. Mostly I am shooting Eley Club Match or Federal auto match.
I did just discover a brick of Winchester Wildcat in my ammo dump. It shot fine but most of my rifles prefer SV

at .04 per round dont waist much time wondering why you missed. Buy some and crony it and tell me what you find.
The only point I see to the HV stuff is to get a slightly flatter trajectory and a slight gain in down range energy. at 100 yards is about 5lbs more with the 36 gn 1280 stuff

... What are people’s thoughts on the Winchester Xpert HV 36 grain stuff? It’s cheap but is is cheap?

... at .04 per round dont waist much time wondering why you missed. Buy some and crony it and tell me what you find. The only point I see to the HV stuff is to get a slightly flatter trajectory and a slight gain in down range energy. at 100 yards is about 5lbs more with the 36 gn 1280 stuff

Yup. You get some and you tell us. We await your findings! ;-)

I grabbed a box last night. I'll shoot some next week and see how it is.
I was reading some bad reviews on it but they were all old reviews and it appears there was different packaging back then so maybe they upper their game and quality and re released this stuff.
Lets see.

I grabbed a box last night. I'll shoot some next week and see how it is.
I was reading some bad reviews on it but they were all old reviews and it appears there was different packaging back then so maybe they upper their game and quality and re released this stuff.
Lets see.
You should be able to pick up on the inconsistent velocity by hearing bang bang poof ban g pop pobang .

You should be able to pick up on the inconsistent velocity by hearing bang bang poof ban g pop pobang .

We shall see. I figured it would be ok for chasing targets around the range or plinking some steel. For $16 a brick I’m not out much if it sucks.
If it does suck it will be a good box of ammo to test the Paco Kelly Acurizr tool on.

Back
Top Bottom