• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

30 UK Officers vs Machete Wielding Man

I checked for this video and couldn't find it. My apologies if it's a dupe though.

About 30 UK police officers seem defenseless against a guy with a machete. Wonder how it would've turned out if he had a gun. [thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked like the videographer got distracted right at the crucial time of the take-down. Oh well - couldn't they at least give the LEOs Tasers?

He was just reenacting this scene from the first Indiana Jones movie.

The cops just weren't doing their part.

Bet those cops don't have puppy shooting award badges. England is screwed, but I don't see a problem with an unarmed police force, better than our militarized one. For all the hero protect and serve (from an armored personnel carrier) talk those bobbies were doing it.

Seems to me that a taser would have been appropriate in that situation as well. The cops in our town have them.
A guy with a machete running after cops should be tasered? I guess I'm a blood-thirsty keyboard commando. I think the first cop there should have ordered him to drop the machete at gunpoint, and when he didn't drop it, drop him with numerous rounds to the chest.

Oh, wait, they didn't have guns and were waiting for the firearms unit [thinking]

Last edited:
A guy with a machete running after cops should be tasered? I guess I'm a blood-thirsty keyboard commando. I think the first cop there should have ordered him to drop the machete at gunpoint, and when he didn't drop it, drop him with numerous rounds to the chest.

Oh, wait, they didn't have guns and were waiting for the firearms unit [thinking]

They had some pretty cool looking shields though!

That guy owned a situation that went on for far too long. I'm not saying he should have had JHP sent at 1500/fps in his direction (at least, prior to lounging at the cops with the machette), but that would have been an ideal sceanrio for a less-lethal bean bag shotgun.

The problem is once you allow the subject to run amok like that, he now owns the situation and can dictate how it ends. Not good if he decides "I'm gonna take some heads off while I'm at it."

England is screwed, but I don't see a problem with an unarmed police force, better than our militarized one. For all the hero protect and serve (from an armored personnel carrier) talk those bobbies were doing it.
I think the middle ground is where we should be aiming for. Those cops would have been helpless if that guy had been armed with a firearm.

There's a reason when we discuss self-defense in other threads, someone invaribly makes a commment as to how firearms are the great equalizer in self-defense scenarios, superior to even bats and machetes.
And as opposed to our cops

That was good police work all day and all night long. You have to end the situation somehow, and if you ever watched the entire video clip on Cops, that thing went on for quite a while. Remeber there he was like wanted for a felonious assault with a dangerous weapon (likely 265/15 for threatening the car dealer with the knife), so he's going to jail. Saying "Screw it, he'll be fine" and letting him be on his way isn't an option there.

That was good police work all day and all night long. You have to end the situation somehow, and if you ever watched the entire video clip on Cops, that thing went on for quite a while. Remeber there he was like wanted for a felonious assault with a dangerous weapon (likely 265/15 for threatening the car dealer with the knife), so he's going to jail. Saying "Screw it, he'll be fine" and letting him be on his way isn't an option there.

I agree with you there.

how are these guys suppose to "protect and serve" if they can't protect themselves? May be they should issue swords and medieval armor to all cops.

Back
Top Bottom