• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3D Printed MP5

First 2 minutes are worth the price of admission. Overall an impressive 3D print. I see there is also a linked video covering the build that apparently must have been removed/banned.

Youtube sucks about instructional videos when in comes to guns. Used to be that instructional videos were demonetized, but I have a feeling they're just straight up removing them now, particularly if its about scary "ghost gunz!"

This is super impressive. 3D printing has evolved so much in such a relatively short period of time. I never thought this level of quality would be possible (and not explode on you). Granted, the important parts are still metal. But if that upper is still allowing for roller delay use, then that is truly magnificent.

Youtube sucks about instructional videos when in comes to guns. Used to be that instructional videos were demonetized, but I have a feeling they're just straight up removing them now, particularly if its about scary "ghost gunz!"

This is super impressive. 3D printing has evolved so much in such a relatively short period of time. I never thought this level of quality would be possible (and not explode on you). Granted, the important parts are still metal. But if that upper is still allowing for roller delay use, then that is truly magnificent.
I tried to click around the video as the presenter is pure cringe to figure out if the actual important parts are made out of metal or 3D printed.

I was assuming those parts were metal. If they were printed it would be worth making a video about, that's for sure. Otherwise... not so much.

I tried to click around the video as the presenter is pure cringe to figure out if the actual important parts are made out of metal or 3D printed.

I was assuming those parts were metal. If they were printed it would be worth making a video about, that's for sure. Otherwise... not so much.

I'm just assuming the parts that would otherwise be the flat are the only 3D printed parts. However, considering how finicky this platform is on timing with the roller delay, I'd still call that super impressive if the upper is within tolerances to allow for flawless action. I had to replace my clone's rollers for +3's to account for the fraction of a mm wear on my metal upper from years of use just to allow for consistent cycling, so I'm impressed if they could take a print and make it work. That said, I bet this doesn't last long as plastic probably gets this same issue far faster than metal.

I'm just assuming the parts that would otherwise be the flat are the only 3D printed parts. However, considering how finicky this platform is on timing with the roller delay, I'd still call that super impressive if the upper is within tolerances to allow for flawless action. I had to replace my clone's rollers for +3's to account for the fraction of a mm wear on my metal upper from years of use just to allow for consistent cycling, so I'm impressed if they could take a print and make it work. That said, I bet this doesn't last long as plastic probably gets this same issue far faster than metal.
Printing what they did is for sure impressive. Way beyond my 3d printing skills. That said it's not a 3d printed gun. It's not an MP5 either. It's mostly a great print and click bait.

Printing what they did is for sure impressive. Way beyond my 3d printing skills. That said it's not a 3d printed gun. It's not an MP5 either. It's mostly a great print and click bait.

It looks like MP5 barrel, action and mag. Also, what do you mean by "it's not a 3D printed gun"? Obviously barrels and bolts can't be 3D printed unless you have a few hundred thousand for an industrial metal sinter machine.

It looks like MP5 barrel, action and mag. Also, what do you mean by "it's not a 3D printed gun"? Obviously barrels and bolts can't be 3D printed unless you have a few hundred thousand for an industrial metal sinter machine.

Well if they obviously can't be 3d printed then how is it a 3d printed gun? [rofl]

The new metal 3d printers are making some amazing stuff though.

There's been some interesting advances in how much of the "gun" is either directly FDM printed or can be produced from basic stock metal shapes.

The FCG is a AR-15, for the HK-compatible parts see the "Mister Pistol 5 Chime Kit"
No. We all win. Being able to circumvent "mother, may I" on the registered "gun" is the point. The rest of the parts can be bought by anyone.
They've even come up with workarounds for regimes like the EU where other parts (like barrels) are registered/controlled.

Printing standard capacity mags with printed jigs to wind magazine springs was obvious, then came barrels made from tube stock and plastic rifling mandrels for cutting grooves using EDM, and now there are several designs with home-produced bolts made by stacking flat steel.

Last edited:
There's been some interesting advances in how much of the "gun" is either directly FDM printed or can be produced from basic stock metal shapes.

The FCG is a AR-15, for the HK-compatible parts see the "Mister Pistol 5 Chime Kit"

They've even come up with workarounds for regimes like the EU where other parts (like barrels) are registered/controlled.

Printing standard capacity mags with printed jigs to wind magazine springs was obvious, then came barrels made from tube stock and plastic rifling mandrels for cutting grooves using EDM, and now there are several designs with home-produced bolts made by stacking flat steel.

Those winding jigs for mag springs are ingenious. I know you can easily buy a mag spring, but man, knowing I could make one if I really had to--brilliant! The material science is slowly catching up. As it stands, things like mags still bulge like an old U notch and only last X amount of rounds, but as soon as materials catch up, or metal printers become more common, all limits are gone!

That said, I still don't think I have the chops to turn down a barrel from tube stock, so there's that.

Haven't watched it but doubt its a roller lock.

If it's not a roller lock you can't really call it an mp5 lol

I don't blame you for being skeptical. It's kind of a leap. But it does appear he's using an MP5 bolt. Not sure how that would function without the rollers working. I mean, sure, it would go bang, but in a row? Mine didn't without the rollers working.

Not sure about the one in the video, but there's the "KF5" shown on fosscad. It's a 3D printed MP5 that uses MP5 internals and rollers. But they did swap out for a AR15 FCG

Assuming the same kit, Ivan stated " the KF5 is a 3D printable MP5 that takes the best parts of the MP5 (that beautiful roller delay) and pairs it with AR15 triggers in a printed setup that significantly lowers the cost and effort to build your own MP5."

There is a $966 downside to going roller locked...

If you don't wanna trigger Biden's AFT, you can get this basement/backyard plinker off Amazon if you're gay 4 HK.

Amazon product ASIN B003IP9ZJ6View: https://www.amazon.com/Umarex-Heckler-2252330-Rounds-Caliber/dp/B003IP9ZJ6/
That’s pretty gay if your over the age of 12.
I should probably get out my unfired HK and shoot it.. I love the HK and everything but it’s pretty hard to beat an Uzi when it comes down to it.

Don’t they make these BB guns in Full auto?
That would be gay to own if your over 18.

That’s pretty gay if your over the age of 12.
I should probably get out my unfired HK and shoot it.. I love the HK and everything but it’s pretty hard to beat an Uzi when it comes down to it.

Don’t they make these BB guns in Full auto?
That would be gay to own if your over 18.
Yeah well, not everyone's rich enough to drop five digits on a machine gun. Thanks to the gubmint's AFT and machine gun bans, only rich bois get to enjoy ratatatatata.

Yeah well, not everyone's rich enough to drop five digits on a machine gun. Thanks to the gubmint's AFT and machine gun bans, only rich bois get to enjoy ratatatatata.
Machine gun prices aside. HK is the most expensive thing ever… It’s a fascinating device. But you could achieve the same results for so much less. Hence why I love my Uzi.

I do get it though most people couldn’t even afford the ammo.

But if you wanna go play airsoft go play airsoft

Machine gun prices aside. HK is the most expensive thing ever… It’s a fascinating device. But you could achieve the same results for so much less. Hence why I love my Uzi.

Not like many police or military even pretend to care about HK anymore.

HK is way overpriced. Hell, if Stribog can sell their A3 version of roller delay for sub $900, there's no reason a company as large as HK that's been selling the same gun for like 56 years can't also lower its price. It's all fame markup. So I totally agree there. It's funny that HK used to argue their pricing was because the roller system complicates the bolt design, but that's total BS these days. Maybe I'd buy that notion in like the first 5 years or so, but not today. Now Angstadt is jumping on that notion by selling their new roller delayed gun for $2,700. F that.

But I will say there's certainly something to a delayed blowback recoil impulse that makes it so much fun. Uzi's are fun too. Shot my friend's Uzi and it was fun, but not nearly the same level of smoothness and ability to hold targets with almost no reacquisition necessary with the MP5 delayed blowback.

HK is way overpriced. Hell, if Stribog can sell their A3 version of roller delay for sub $900, there's no reason a company as large as HK that's been selling the same gun for like 56 years can't also lower its price. It's all fame markup. So I totally agree there. It's funny that HK used to argue their pricing was because the roller system complicates the bolt design, but that's total BS these days. Maybe I'd buy that notion in like the first 5 years or so, but not today. Now Angstadt is jumping on that notion by selling their new roller delayed gun for $2,700. F that.

But I will say there's certainly something to a delayed blowback recoil impulse that makes it so much fun. Uzi's are fun too. Shot my friend's Uzi and it was fun, but not nearly the same level of smoothness and ability to hold targets with almost no reacquisition necessary with the MP5 delayed blowback.

Lol it's not "overpriced" if people keep paying it.

Thats just skinflint/poor whining.

As a manufacturer if people are gobbling up your shit at 3x what its probably worth, why the f*** would you lower the price? not good business. not good for brand either.

A better way of describing it is that the products are a shitty value. that point, I would be inclined to NOT disagree there. [laugh]

Lol it's not "overpriced" if people keep paying it.

Thats just skinflint/poor whining.

As a manufacturer if people are gobbling up your shit at 3x what its probably worth, why the f*** would you lower the price? not good business. not good for brand either.

A better way of describing it is that the products are a shitty value. that point, I would be inclined to NOT disagree there. [laugh]

But are people really paying it? I bet there are like 10 clone sales for every one legit HK MP5. And that's because the clone is like 55% of the HK price, but does the exact same thing, sometimes on old HK tooling.

But are people really paying it? I bet there are like 10 clone sales for every one legit HK MP5. And that's because the clone is like 55% of the HK price, but does the exact same thing, sometimes on old HK tooling.
Which do you think is more important to HK: sales ratio, or profit margin? Every clone sale benefits HK in that people hear "it's a knock off of the HK" which builds the allure of the original.

Back
Top Bottom