• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A military meme...

Although old, it needed to be posted. One of the Code Talkers. 2016 Obit:

Kellwood passed away Monday at a veteran's hospital in Phoenix. He served with the First Marine Division and saw battle on Cape Gloucester, Peleliu and Okinawa. After the war he was awarded the Congressional Silver Medal, Presidential Unit Citation, Combat Action Ribbon, Naval Unit Commendation, Good Conduct, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal and WWII Victory Medal.

Marine Corps Hymn in Navajo.

View: https://twitter.com/USMC/status/773311788729245696

Last edited:

I was on the deployment described below, but thankfully on another ship.
The embarked Marines got a flight back to the US, but we still beat them home streaming across the Atlantic.
On 16 February 2000, USS Shreveport (LPD-12) ran aground in the Suez Canal, on its way back into the Mediterranean Sea from the Red Sea. It sustained damage to its starboard propeller, propeller shaft, rudder and steering system. Its captain was relieved of command. Damages were estimated at $932,000.

I've heard, and believe that there are only two branches of the US Military: the Army and the Navy. The Air Force is a corporation, and the Marine Corps is a cult.

So, the Air Guard is like a franchised restaurant chain - all basically the same, but can nonetheless taste very, very different.

One of my companies biggest nighttime misbehavers was our O3. This made getting in trouble while partying hard, as we'd have to exceed what our CPT was doing, which was considerable on several occasions. [rofl]

We had a few E7's who also would thrown down till they were essentially comatose.

It got to the point in Germany where we literally, and this is 100% true, followed a trail of blood (from a broken nose if I remember correctly) for about a mile from the bases bowling alley/bar to the barracks the guy was staying in. [rofl] This was there for days till it snowed out and washed it away.

Damn we would thrown down hard. If I wasnt in my early 20's I wouldnt of survived it. Kudos to that O3 and the senior NCOs who could handle it. [rofl]

One of my companies biggest nighttime misbehavers was our O3. This made getting in trouble while partying hard, as we'd have to exceed what our CPT was doing, which was considerable on several occasions. [rofl]

We had a few E7's who also would thrown down till they were essentially comatose.

It got to the point in Germany where we literally, and this is 100% true, followed a trail of blood (from a broken nose if I remember correctly) for about a mile from the bases bowling alley/bar to the barracks the guy was staying in. [rofl] This was there for days till it snowed out and washed it away.

Damn we would thrown down hard. If I wasnt in my early 20's I wouldnt of survived it. Kudos to that O3 and the senior NCOs who could handle it. [rofl]
Despite serving in a different service, that doesn't surprise me at all.

:D

We probably need a thread for all the crazy military stories.

An E-8 in my unit was a hardcore alcoholic and one night I got woken up and sent with a few of the other biggest guys in the unit to rescue him from a bar we weren’t supposed to go to. The company XO drove us in a GSA van.

It was a local bucket of blood that too many guys got arrested or beat up in, so it was banned. This E-8 went there anyway by himself and got in some shit with the locals. They were waiting outside for him and we had to bring him back to base safely.

It involved a brief scuffle, but nothing serious. Rules for me but not for thee. I was a corporal at the time.

Back
Top Bottom