A military meme...

We didn’t have text, but in the Army we jokingly referred to incidents like this as a “Non career-enhancing event.”

I think that one screenshot might be my favorite post on the entire NES site.

It's so authentic. It's exactly what I imagine must be happening in the Army now that everyone texts. And the tone is perfect.

I think that one screenshot might be my favorite post on the entire NES site.

It's so authentic. It's exactly what I imagine must be happening in the Army now that everyone texts. And the tone is perfect.
My group of Army buddies includes:

- An Armor officer turned Reserve NCO turned active duty IT Warrant, deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- A NG private turned ROTC officer turned Airborne JAG, went from being a civilian lawyer in CT to deployed in Afghanistan with a Reserve Special Forces unit, on jump status.
- An Armor officer turned Reserve Transportation officer, deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, where he ran gun truck convoys.
- Former heavy Cav troop commander and M1 tank company commander.

Honestly the Transport and JAG have the best stories. And our duty on the German border during the Cold War seems like a picnic compared to what guys have been through the last 20 years.

It was career day at the high school and a young man wanted to join the service and didn't know which one. So he posed the same question to all four services: "If you were in the desert and found a scorpion in your tent, what would you do?"

Navy: "Hit it with my purse"
Army: "Kill it"
Marine: "Eat it"
Air Force: "Call the front desk and ask what the f**k a tent is doing in my room"

I don't know.
I've had to change a couple of diapers that caused me to yell out "alarm red! MOPP4!"
Wife didn't get it.
My son always had a weak stomach, even when he was a Paramedic and Medical School student,
But learning to change diapers finally enabled him to get over it...well, most of the time...

204019638_10223696890384048_4569522388535879314_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom