• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter - Braintree Mall, 22-Jan-2022

Is that Sears still open? I miss Sears.

I've been saying that the mall has been overdue for a shooting. There's usually at least one every other year.

There are 17 left in the country. Braintree Sears does indeed still exist. Go check it out it’s utterly depressing for someone who spent a decade working for them.

Braintree mall always (had) at least 2 cops on detail at the mall. I’ve worked at a lot of malls and Braintree was by far the worst I remember when I was working and they had an “active shooter” and the store manager told us we had to shelter in place. I said f that and snuck out the back to my truck and went home.

Reminds me of how the good ole days are gone. Sad, Sears was a great place.

It was nice to never worry about being cap'd going to the mall as well. Everything I read about Mass. Having a gun there and having to use it means nothing but trouble. Really makes me want to just stay on this side of the state line. Same reason I didn't like venture into Detroit much, working there was kinda stressful. But, at least there. I could return fire without thinking I was going to jail. On one occasion I came out of our shop after I heard an explosion. Gun in hand. I cop was standing there looking at me. Didn't say a word as I reholstered and went back inside after I checked our parking lot. Never did figure out what blew up.

Reminds me of how the good ole days are gone. Sad, Sears was a great place.
Yep. There are those days when I wish Sears were still around. In fact, coincidentally, one of those days just came up the other day.

I'll have to take a trip to the SSP sometime and check it out. I'll be sure to wear my bullet-proof vest. [laugh]

My brother-in-law is a cop. Even though he doesnt usually carry off duty, he says that he always carries if he's going to the South Shore Plaza. Lots of gang activity there.
Y'know, just a random thought/comment/two cents/whatever... Someone, anyone, please explain why (literally why why why) anyone who is LTC and/or a COP doesn't carry when "off duty"????...I mean, ok, I guess I get it, everyone has the right to do what they wanna do or not do in this lifetime and carrying is personal choice, etc, but...I don't even walk outside to my mailbox or drive the six blocks to Dunkin Donuts for the wife's coffee every morning without my P365 (aka 'sweet, tiny, reliable ten-plus-one') on me. Ever.

Ever.

(See: "Luby's restaurant, Texas" about 20 years ago for one example of why I always - ALWAYS - carry... even if I'm just "stopping to grab a coffee at the Cafe" or walking to the corner store for a gallon of milk or... etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...And Luby's is just on example out of probably thousands over our lifetime).
And, oh, being 'Originally From Dorchester' etc, and knowing FULLY WELL well how, um, er (be polite and politically correct, GlockJock...be nice)... how "different" that once-quiet, relatively peaceful mall is THESE days, having gone through, um, "urban change" and (yada yada blah politician-speak for "now overrun with scumbags and filthbag criminal maggots") etc??
If I'm gonna take my family and go shopping at South Shore Plaza? I'm (honestly) gonna be carrying my G17 with one in the chamber, plus anywhere from one to five extra preban 17 round mags, all full with Federal HST's.. and I might (sarc) probably take a minute before leaving the house and make sure I'm (and the wife and kids) wearing ballistic armor, vests, helmets (maybe throw a Patriots logo on a ballistic helmet to make people think I'm some 'Super Fan' of Bill and the Boys or whatever)...etc etc.

And I'm only being PARTIALLY sarcastic and partially exaggerating here. These days that place (and so, so SO many others here in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts) often looks like a friggin mall in Downtown Detroit or a semi-ghetto in Compton, California or....etc etc.
Know wh'um sayin'?? Now DAT'S WH'UM TALKIN BOUT!!!!

(Just sayin') 😉

On NES, 3 people hanging out together that arent white dressed in any way the same is cause to draw and shoot to kill.

You have to remember, to much of NES their idea of a warzone is North Main in Natick. 😮
Christ, Casey's is right next to the tracks! You don't know what type of riff raff is getting off at the wrong stop instead of Framingham[pot]

ree said:
What kind of gang activity there?
Maybe the Albanians?
Or Kool & The Gang...or The James Gang...and please please PLEASE, Bruh, y'all can't nevva forgits about the SugarHill Gang...
("See, I am Wonder Mike, and I'd like to say hello...To the black, to the white, the red and the brown, the purple and yellow...")

Just sayin'

("I said a hip, hop.. the hippie to the hippieo.. the hip hip hop..and you don't stop...") 😊

But, in all seriousness, I was at a mall in Worcester last summer, passing/killing time before an afternoon business meeting. The music being BLARED throughout the mall was some Gangsta Rap sh*t and WITH the explicit lyrics
("smack dat bitch...chillin' wit my Hoes and Bro's.." etc etc etc).
People just walked about, aimlessly, 'uncaring-ly', like it's just 'normal' and/or the 'way things are these days'.

And (sadly?), they are absolutely one hundred percent correct.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
Nothing new. We had a shooter a couple years back:

'Jose Rodriguez, 22, pleaded guilty on Monday to armed assault to murder, possession of a large capacity firearm and numerous other assault and firearm charge.

He was sentenced to eight years in prison, followed by three years of probation with several conditions. Rodriguez must not possess any firearms, must submit to random drug testing, maintain employment or enrollment in school, stay away from the South Shore Plaza and make no contact with the victim or anyone who testified in court. He will also have to wear a GPS ankle monitor and will have a curfew for his first year of probation.

The South Shore Plaza shooting happened on July 3, 2020, while Rodriguez and others were in line at Expressions, and a second group stood behind them. Then, a fight broke out between the two groups, prosecutors said.

"This was an outrageously reckless and dangerous act,” District Attorney Michael Morrissey said. "This defendant punched a woman in line at a store, causing an altercation between parties. He stepped away, retrieved the loaded firearm he was carrying, and fired six times in the thick of the mall."'

Boston Man Admits To Shooting Teen Girl At South Shore Plaza

Last time I went there was the last. What a shit show. Not a word of English was heard. Sad its come to this. I remember my grandmother buying me ice cream at Bergsons when I was a kid and living there when I was in Jr and high school. Now, I wouldn't go there on a bet.

When was the time before that??? 19xx??? Because SSP has been a Mecca (no pun intended) for rich foreigners who come over for jobs here in tech. Maybe at least the last 10 years. It's like going to the Medford BJ's, but more upscale. Or any Market Basket. LOL

At least in my experience, the majority of the non-english-speakers (or bilungaulists), were also NOT speaking Spanish.

ree said:
What kind of gang activity there?

Or Kool & The Gang...or The James Gang...and please please PLEASE, Bruh, y'all can't nevva forgits about the SugarHill Gang...
("See, I am Wonder Mike, and I'd like to say hello...To the black, to the white, the red and the brown, the purple and yellow...")

Just sayin'

("I said a hip, hop.. the hippie to the hippieo.. the hip hip hop..and you don't stop...") 😊

But, in all seriousness, I was at a mall in Worcester last summer, passing/killing time before an afternoon business meeting. The music being BLARED throughout the mall was some Gangsta Rap sh*t and WITH the explicit lyrics
("smack dat bitch...chillin' wit my Hoes and Bro's.." etc etc etc).
People just walked about, aimlessly, 'uncaring-ly', like it's just 'normal' and/or the 'way things are these days'.

And (sadly?), they are absolutely one hundred percent correct.

Just sayin'
Apple Dumpling???

Nothing new. We had a shooter a couple years back:

'Jose Rodriguez, 22, pleaded guilty on Monday to armed assault to murder, possession of a large capacity firearm and numerous other assault and firearm charge.

He was sentenced to eight years in prison, followed by three years of probation with several conditions. Rodriguez must not possess any firearms, must submit to random drug testing, maintain employment or enrollment in school, stay away from the South Shore Plaza and make no contact with the victim or anyone who testified in court. He will also have to wear a GPS ankle monitor and will have a curfew for his first year of probation.

The South Shore Plaza shooting happened on July 3, 2020, while Rodriguez and others were in line at Expressions, and a second group stood behind them. Then, a fight broke out between the two groups, prosecutors said.

"This was an outrageously reckless and dangerous act,” District Attorney Michael Morrissey said. "This defendant punched a woman in line at a store, causing an altercation between parties. He stepped away, retrieved the loaded firearm he was carrying, and fired six times in the thick of the mall."'

Boston Man Admits To Shooting Teen Girl At South Shore Plaza

I once pulled my thick-of-the-mall. Damn. I walked with a limp for a week.

I recall 20 or so years ago when there was that HUGE gang fight at Silver City. That ruined that mall. Not that it wouldn't have closed and been razed anyhow in 2021, but it changed the place. Because security was unwilling to remove the gang element. I know that PPM is/was a huge gang hangout as well. Sad to see SSP in the same circumstances.

They need to GTFO a pile of people and then you'll see an improvement. Post a guy at each entrance. Yeah, it's a big mall and it'll cost $$. Like a real guy, not some $17/hr rental with pimples. 45-55yo guy who was seen some shit.

But as soon as regular people realize that they are "screening" the bad elements, they'll spend more time there. Not sure if it'll save the mall ultimately, but it's a smart move versus the Silver City method which was "well, how bad can a gang riot in the food court really be?"

Back
Top Bottom