• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter - Braintree Mall, 22-Jan-2022

When was the time before that??? 19xx??? Because SSP has been a Mecca (no pun intended) for rich foreigners who come over for jobs here in tech. Maybe at least the last 10 years. It's like going to the Medford BJ's, but more upscale. Or any Market Basket. LOL

At least in my experience, the majority of the non-english-speakers (or bilungaulists), were also NOT speaking Spanish.

Apple Dumpling???

I once pulled my thick-of-the-mall. Damn. I walked with a limp for a week.

I recall 20 or so years ago when there was that HUGE gang fight at Silver City. That ruined that mall. Not that it wouldn't have closed and been razed anyhow in 2021, but it changed the place. Because security was unwilling to remove the gang element. I know that PPM is/was a huge gang hangout as well. Sad to see SSP in the same circumstances.

They need to GTFO a pile of people and then you'll see an improvement. Post a guy at each entrance. Yeah, it's a big mall and it'll cost $$. Like a real guy, not some $17/hr rental with pimples. 45-55yo guy who was seen some shit.

But as soon as regular people realize that they are "screening" the bad elements, they'll spend more time there. Not sure if it'll save the mall ultimately, but it's a smart move versus the Silver City method which was "well, how bad can a gang riot in the food court really be?"
My oldest daughter while in College was working at the Nextel booth. Guy that was stabbed fell into the booth right at her feet. Brought her in as a witness.

They need to GTFO a pile of people and then you'll see an improvement. Post a guy at each entrance. Yeah, it's a big mall and it'll cost $$. Like a real guy, not some $17/hr rental with pimples. 45-55yo guy who was seen some shit.

But as soon as regular people realize that they are "screening" the bad elements, they'll spend more time there. Not sure if it'll save the mall ultimately, but it's a smart move versus the Silver City method which was "well, how bad can a gang riot in the food court really be?"
My BIL used to manage a number of Simon's shopping malls over the years. Their staff are typically dressed in jacket and tie, unarmed, only carrying a radio. SSP had rent-a-cops, unarmed, in a uniform with a campaign hat. That sort of security isn't going to stop any badasses from entering the mall.

It would appear this is the victim.

<sarcasm> If only the police didn't take his "Glock .40 Model 22 Gen 4" with "twenty-one rounds of ammunition in a high-capacity magazine" he might have had a chance to defend himself. </sarcasm>

Last edited:
Seriously? Are the bangers into all-you-can-eat breadsticks ?
View attachment 568560

Sorry. I always forget Patriot. I don't consider those outside-mall thingies malls in the traditional sense. Hell, I still feel nostalgic for the years when Westgate was a single-run, had both Bradlees and Woolworth (with non-electronic cash registers) and flagstone flooring. FREAKING FLAGSTONE FLOORING! Could you imagine someone trying that today??? You'd get sued by the architect before you could get sued by a guest. LOL

What I meant was PROVIDENCE PLACE Mall. LOL. I can understand the confusion. Providence - home of the escalators from hell and gang crime.

Poor Mr. Beasley apparently didn't get the AG's memo about high capacity feeding devices. Naughty boy! Caught with his pants down (well they were already half way down when he was apprehended). However, I rather doubt Mr. Beasley's demise will be regretted by many, nor has society lost a member of any value.

Poor Mr. Beasley apparently didn't get the AG's memo about high capacity feeding devices. Naughty boy! Caught with his pants down (well they were already half way down when he was apprehended). However, I rather doubt Mr. Beasley's demise will be regretted by many, nor has society lost a member of any value.
Cruelly named after a French mustard condiment by his mother, he never really had a chance in Boston's gang wars. 🥲

What will society ever do without Mr. Dijoun "Mustard" Beasley? 😭

Yeah, apparently the high capacity mags being illegal wasn't illegal enough. MA needs to make them REALLY REALLY illegal. While they're at it, they should consider making murder SUPER DUPER illegal. That will then totally discourage these fine law-abiding citizens from breaking the law. If there is a silver lining to all this, the shooter shot someone who was obviously a total piece of shit, not that I condone vigilantism.

What I meant was PROVIDENCE PLACE Mall. LOL. I can understand the confusion. Providence - home of the escalators from hell and gang crime.
whoa!! was down there for the first time a few years ago to install a new printer @ Unos's. Scary friggin place and that was mid week during the day.
And not carrying 'cause RI, no non res. permit. never took another call @PPM

It all went down hill when Buddy Cianci went to the federal pen.

whoa!! was down there for the first time a few years ago to install a new printer @ Unos's. Scary friggin place and that was mid week during the day. and not carrying 'cause RI, no non res. permit. never took another call @PPM

Man that K9 cop needs to feed his dog. You should be able to feel ribs not see them.

I was at a mall in Worcester last summer, passing/killing time before an afternoon business meeting. The music being BLARED throughout the mall was some Gangsta Rap sh*t and WITH the explicit lyrics
("smack dat bitch...chillin' wit my Hoes and Bro's.." etc etc etc).
People just walked about, aimlessly, 'uncaring-ly', like it's just 'normal' and/or the 'way things are these days'.
costco-idiocracy.gif

Back
Top Bottom