• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Adam Kokesh Calls for Peaceful Open Carry March July 4th from Virginia to D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Kokesh Organizes Rifle March On DC - Business Insider

Adam Kokesh, 31, is planning a July 4 rally of pro-gun activists openly carrying rifles from Virginia to Washington as an act of "civil disobedience." The plan, according to his Facebook event page, is to march across Memorial Bridge with rifles loaded and slung across the back "to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated [and] cower in submission to tyranny."

I guess nobody told him it was MichaelJR who gets to call these things...

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't have a pretty ending.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't have a pretty ending.

**** you. I'm in. This may be a walk in the park.

1.) I think I'm legal in VA with my NR FL license. I need to check to see if I can open carry a loaded long gun in VA. Chances are Kokesh already did this and begins in VA on safe ground.

2.) He's telegraphing the route and that he will turn back peacefully if confronted on the bridge at the border. Piece of cake. The DC police form a barricade and we turn back. End of story.

I hope there's a picnic planned afterward.

Edit: (Isn't it a little pathetic how I don't want to break the law here?)

Last edited:
That would have gone really well back in 1775; bring all the minutemen to the front, out in the open with their weapons with no intention of using them as an act of civil disobedience.

Why not just throw your guns overboard and spend a couple of years in your basement and never own a gun again and save yourself the bus fare?

This would be interesting to see what the reaction would be especially if a large number turn out. DC doesnt allow open carry i believe so technically the law would be broken, however if you have a group of hundreds to potentially thousands of people armed, how cant he police do that?

The biggest thing to watch with this March is the participation of very radical pro gun supporters that will join in the crowd. If they do meet police or National Guard resistance, the more radical group might not believe turning around is the way to go and force a conflict. With that many people that could turn into a huge firefight. 2nd shot heard round the world. THEN MichealJR could call go time because gun owners would have to mobilize right then as retribution from politicians would be swift otherwise.

Sorry but this doesn't sound smart at all marching into dc armed. If it were unarmed maybe it would be a good idea but good luck to those who want to go this guy.

While it certainly doesnt sound smart, these tit head politicians have forgotten why they are here to begin with...and conflict however terrible it may be, very well may be the answer. The people standing up and saying "no more" has been done and will be done again. It may be this time, or later on but imo is inevitable.

Re: Adam Kokesh Calls Go Time, Calls for Armed March on DC

I am of the "don't display it unless you intend to use it" school of thought. At this point I think an open demonstration like this would just be seized upon by the media to say "see. We told you gun owners are crazy and dangerous" and too many otherwise neutral sheeple may be swayed to the anti-gun side.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry but this doesn't sound smart at all marching into dc armed. If it were unarmed maybe it would be a good idea but good luck to those who want to go this guy.

He's not marching armed into DC. The DC cops have three choices, they can meet us at the VA/DC border and turn us back peacefully as Kokesh has said he will do, they can allow us into DC and finish the walk and arrest nobody, or they can let everyone into DC and try to arrest everybody.

Since Kokesh has already announced that he will turn back peacefully it is unlikely the DC police will allow anyone into DC and risk bloodshed.

kokesh has a sack on him. He will follow through... and should be commended. Either way some real men of action will show. I hope the police meet them on the bridge and join the march in solidarity.

kokesh has a sack on him. He will follow through... and should be commended. Either way some real men of action will show. I hope the police meet them on the bridge and join the march in solidarity.

Its D.C. somehow i doubt this. It would be nice, but doubtful. If this march was in a more freedom loving area id say there would be a chance, but in D.C. in a liberal stronghold.......Nope. The police have trampled on the constitution as much as the politicians have.

I agree. Watching the video I wondered what the point was of doing this in DC.

Massachusetts on the other hand with the Patrick and Linsky bills in committee is another story.

[laugh2]

Nobody gives a shit about Massachusetts. Hell, even Massachusetts doesn't give a shit about Massachusetts.

[rolleyes]

Since Kokesh has already announced that he will turn back peacefully it is unlikely the DC police will allow anyone into DC and risk bloodshed.
I'm not sure yuo've thought this through. Thousands of armed protesters, thousands of armed police in tactical gear facing off on a bridge. And one guy lights a firecracker.

About as likely as Bernie Sanders voting for George W. Bush for the Supreme Court.

The police have trampled on the constitution as much as the politicians have.
They aren't separate, they are just different arms of the same beast.

This is where I am not sure of these reports, At the same time I trust no one at that level. Is he an "agent provacteur"? Remember this administration was shipping firearms to Mexico as way to gin up the numbers. They have been getting thumped on the gun issues in the congress. We just saw an "experiment" on the application of Martial Law in the Boston area. My "guard hairs" are all over the place on this.
He could be, but I dunno. The activity in Boston was unlikely to be "an experiment", they were reacting in a way that is the natural progression. When people don't squeal about things like being locked down for a snowstorm, then they can do anything. They don't give serious consideration to the rights of the people in these situations, even if it comes up, they say "Eh, we'll deal with it later if we have to, but we won't."

We weren't met with flowers in Iraq, the people there were too smart to cheer their "oppressors in the name of liberty." Not so much in Watertown.

Last edited:
This comment was posted by Quiet, "I'm not sure yuo've thought this through. Thousands of armed protesters, thousands of armed police in tactical gear facing off on a bridge. And one guy lights a firecracker."

I agree this is what could happen with the slightest of provocation. A car could back fire, or someone moves hands in what some cop "believes" to be an agressive manner, and a shot gets fired. That will lead to Sympathetic firing of shots just like we have seen in other instances.
The same could be said for Gandhi's various protests... The same WAS said about the rallies in Boston.

I think it really does get back to heart of the problem here - utter lack of faith in humanity. The bigot in all anti's and anti-sympathizing "reasonable restrictioners" that cannot bring themselves to trust a stranger with a gun.

I find it deeply ironic that I, who believes we have an absolute right to defend ourselves and keep and bear arms to do it because there are bad people out there who do bad things, have more faith in humanity than those who call for or support "reasonable restrictions" on firearms.

I was dumbstruck when that dawned on me, because I would not have described myself as the biggest believer in humanity given that I have faced its sharp end in the middle of the night.

The simple truth is that while there are bad people, then there are the rest of them. The seething masses of the overwhelming majority of people who not only have no interest in harming someone, but would be made literally sick if faced with the choice to do it or face death themselves...

"Fear... Fear it!" [thinking]

Again, I don't think this march is the right way to do it, but we can't lose sight of who is really advocating for violence here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom