• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Adjustable stock on a 10/22

Hello friends,

This is my first post on the NES forums and I wanted to see if I could get some guidance. I have a Ruger 10/22 that I wanted to add a pistol grip and a adjustable stock to. So from my understanding according to the enforcement notice all .22 rifles are exempt from being assault weapons. Is it possible to buy this stock and use it legally or would I have to still pin it?

Thank you very much in advance!

Long story short, the enforcement notice is not a law, and the actual law as enshrined in Mass General Law makes no distinction with regard to caliber. As such, if it is a post 1994 10/22, it would not be legal to add a pistol grip and folding/telescoping stock. You may, however, retain one "evil" feature--that is to say, either the pistol grip or folding/telescoping stock (or any other enumerated feature).

Usual caveats; I am not a lawyer, etc., etc.

Long story short, the enforcement notice is not a law, and the actual law as enshrined in Mass General Law makes no distinction with regard to caliber. As such, if it is a post 1994 10/22, it would not be legal to add a pistol grip and folding/telescoping stock. You may, however, retain one "evil" feature--that is to say, either the pistol grip or folding/telescoping stock (or any other enumerated feature).

Usual caveats; I am not a lawyer, etc., etc.
I do have a post 1994 10/22. So I should be fine with a pistol grip but with a non telescoping stock. I appreciate your response.

Back
Top Bottom