• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AGB vs BRT EZTune for Duty Rifle

Nico9283

NES Member
AGB vs BRT EZTube

For a defense/duty rifle, is an AGB a bad idea? The instagram bros say they’re essential but everyone who actually uses their rifle hard says to stay away from them.

Im planning a 11.5” carbine length build and want to keep recoil to a minimum for faster follow ups, so I want to use a standard buffer instead of the recommended H2.. but then I’ll very likely be too overgassed considering most barrels are a little overgassed to begin with. Does anyone know if a tube from Black River Tactical is durable/reliable enough for use in an “OH SHIT” setup?

Don’t overthink it. Difference of either is minimal if the barrel has a good gas port diameter unless you’re adding suppressor use into the mix. Overgassing is a tradeoff for reliability.

AGBs are good for specific things.

- You’re running a non-flow-through silencer

- You’re running a caliber, like 308/7.62, that can have a wide range of pressures

Otherwise, I stay away. I don’t buy way over gassed barrels, and I don’t overtune my gas systems to be soft but fragile.

The BRT tubes are fine. But gas tubes are a wear item and you’ll need to make sure you have a supply of that diameter gas tube for the life of the gun, if you’re thinking for “SHTF”.

Im planning a 11.5” carbine length build and want to keep recoil to a minimum for faster follow ups, …

I think you’re mixing up use cases. In real gunfights, even a heavily gassed 5.56 is going to be soft recoiling enough to get good enough follow up shots with proper rifle control.

The only time you should be worried about reducing 5.56 recoil by potentially decreasing reliability is if it’s for a gamer/competition gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom