AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

Would it be cool to bring a 7.62x54r receiver, a barrel les than 16" but an extension tube to be fitted to it and some SBR parts kit to go with it? I want to build some crazy fire-ball inducing device to hunt varmint, or to set the target on fire with. If not I might be able to fine a standard 7.62x39 receiver and some magpul parts on probably an AMD65 build. Not confirming 100% just asking.

do it [troll]

cool. we might have a production crew there recordng btw lol
Would it be cool to bring a 7.62x54r receiver, a barrel les than 16" but an extension tube to be fitted to it and some SBR parts kit to go with it? I want to build some crazy fire-ball inducing device to hunt varmint, or to set the target on fire with. If not I might be able to fine a standard 7.62x39 receiver and some magpul parts on probably an AMD65 build. Not confirming 100% just asking.

Joining the party a tad late there, my friend... We're full. Welcome to NES though :)

My barrel has been headspaced and populated. I've removed the front trunnion for the build party but everything looks and fits good. The gas tube fits good, with almost no play and the front to rear sight line up looks dead on. I used a 1/4" high tensil ATR with a 3/4" x2" brass dowl (with notches to clear the trunnion) to press the barrel on . Then I used 2 lengths of 1/2" black pipe for pressing the rear sight and gas block on. A 3/4" socket put the front sight on. My barrel was tight pretty much on all my press fit stuff. I should have checked the journal and part diameters but with never seize all went together ok.

Oh, I'm too late? Well shit. I'm probably going to do just that but with an AR10 instead and have somebody who knows what they are doing build it for me. Not that I don't like face-explosions but I don't really like face explosions. Enjoy your AK build party though.

Oh, I'm too late? Well shit. I'm probably going to do just that but with an AR10 instead and have somebody who knows what they are doing build it for me. Not that I don't like face-explosions but I don't really like face explosions. Enjoy your AK build party though.

See boys and girls, here is yet another example of why it is wrong to drink and type

Also
636d3ac4732c9ab41f064a1f53325d24.jpg

Matching .45 acp guns american ish and commie ish ... Just need to weld my mag block on the 45

53ad03caf80d7435eecff8c2fea37229.jpg

Scaled up slant brake .

I got to work building us a work bench today... I expect some beautiful gashes and hammer blows to adorn it by the end of May 16th. Hoping to have two of them built by then, actually.

Would be better if I could move my large bench, but its all wired up, so it ain't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom