AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

Had a pretty busy weekend... Didn't get the PM out (with address info) like I had planned. Fear not - I should he able to get it out tonight.

Also, shirts came in. They have a slight misalignment issue though, so I'm working with the company in order to fix the mistake they made. Very good company, so I have no worries that they'll make it right. They are quick too, so I'm not worried about them having to redo the shirts. We have plenty of time still.

the idea of a mistake is less bothersome than the idea of waste to me. If you get refunded and keep the shirts, I'll take a misaligned. No need to send em back

the idea of a mistake is less bothersome than the idea of waste to me. If you get refunded and keep the shirts, I'll take a misaligned. No need to send em back
That's something I actually am contemplating as well. They've been great about working with me, and I hated even bringing it up with them. But they said they would definitely fix the mistake. I'm of the same thought as you though. The misalignment isn't major... See the pic

ec364eacecbb114d4e29b0bed003fe36.jpg

Its basically that the red was slightly out of level, and by the time that slight tilt gets to the A on the far left of the print, it is noticeably raised higher than black lettering. I don't want to see the shirts be wasted either, so I'm awaiting another response right now. Weighing the options and what they are willing to do right now.

Edit: The fact that somebody else agrees so quickly that its not a huge deal, has me thinking I may just thank them for their quick and perfect response to fix the issue, and let them know not to worry about it. For anybody wondering, its customink.com that did the work and they have been nothing but amazing to work with. Very thorough and customer oriented. Communications have been top notch throughout.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, but I think it looks okay
That's awesome. You guys rock. They'll be happy to know that we've decided its fine. The misalignment is only noticeable at that A, really. See pic below to see how very minimal (unnoticeable) it is on the right.

6250977b72093682787314745122d774.jpg

The guy I've been working with was really into the design and curious about what we had going on too. He'll be happy to hear that us gun guys are pretty forgiving and would rather conserve the shirts for such a small issue. :D

That's awesome. You guys rock. They'll be happy to know that we've decided its fine. The misalignment is only noticeable at that A, really. See pic below to see how very minimal (unnoticeable) it is on the right.

6250977b72093682787314745122d774.jpg

The guy I've been working with was really into the design and curious about what we had going on too. He'll be happy to hear that us gun guys are pretty forgiving and would rather conserve the shirts for such a small issue. :D

Did you tell him bunch of dudes building ak's bitching about wife's and drinking vodka .

Last edited:
Is he willing to fix the alignment or are you keeping the shirts the way they are?
They were willing to do whatever they had to, to make us happy, but from the feedback I'm getting, it seems to be that the small alignment issue isn't too big of a problem for our group. I second the feeling that its not such a big enough issue that they need to all be scrapped and completely redone. They are willing to do just that though - which I appreciate, but am reluctant to ask of them.

They were willing to do whatever they had to, to make us happy, but from the feedback I'm getting, it seems to be that the small alignment issue isn't too big of a problem for our group. I second the feeling that its not such a big enough issue that they need to all be scrapped and completely redone. They are willing to do just that though - which I appreciate, but am reluctant to ask of them.

Do we really want children in South America running around with our bad build t shirts .....

Just spoke with the guy from CustomInk... He says he fully understands the difference of opinions, and that he would have zero problem with reprinting the whole order. He says he would feel much better knowing we are happy with the result, rather than settling with the result.

Makes sense. Anybody that takes pride in their work can understand that logic. I'd hate to leave my customers with any level of dissatisfaction, as well...

I sent out a PM to everybody that details everything about our build party. DO NOT view it using Tapatalk, as formatting conflicts exist that hide important information. View that PM on an actual browser.

If no one else has grabbed them, I'll bring the following:

• Paper Plates
  • Napkins
  • Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • Relish
  • Folding Table (I'll bring it, if we need it, we'll use it)
  • 4 folding chairs

It sounds like we have more tables than space, should I not bring mine?
I knew there were a few that said they could bring a table... I just hadn't gone back and checked who. We only need a few, really. So I wouldn't worry about it. Always better to have more than we need though. One is none, two is one.

Back
Top Bottom