• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Almost a horrible Father's Day

How would you compare the perceived recoil to say a scandium j-frame 357? This is the only "heavy" recoiling handgun I own (or have fired). I've shot a few 158gn & 170gn full power loads out of the 13oz. gun. It took some range time to get used to, but I'm ok with it.

Its a way different thing for me.

For me, the .500 is on the intimidating side. I still have a small flinch with it from the blast.

something like the 340 PD doesn't have a flinch factor for me, but it is more painful to fire. Its like clapping your hands together as hard as you can.

I can keep my grip much better on the 340, even if it is more uncomfortable to fire.

Jim, have you had any CRANE issues???

No. My 8" gun has had the barrel replaced twice, and the cylinder, firing pin, and bushing replaced once. I've never had trouble with the crane. (incidentally, since the last barrel replacement, it no longer shoots jacket pieces out the sides).

I know someone that has had crane problems, but it was his own doing. He used to like to flip the cylinder open and closed Hollywood-style.

Are you only shooting cast now Jim?

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Are you only shooting cast now Jim?

Mostly cast. It's much cheaper that way.

Crap! My barrel is nearing the end of it's expected life????

Don't count the rounds where you're using Trailboss. It's not the bore that wears out - it's the forcing cone that gets detroyed.

Trailboss is easy on it. It's powders like H110/W296, Lil' Gun, and H4227 that do all the damage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom