ammo sales to ma???

I have an FFLc&r, but I would like to know if anyone has a list of dealers that will ship ammo to mass, some will, some won't.
some are not sure of this idiotic states laws and won't take a chance!

everyone should remember this when attorney general thomas reilly (who drew up these bans), runs for governor!

In this case the C&R doesn't make any difference. It's an FID and/or LTC that's required. Anybody who has information of dealers and/or distributers who will ship to Massachusetts residents with the proper license should not post that information in a public forum, since the AG's office has been known to use that sort of posting to target sting operations. Use private message/mail only to people who actually know to avoid destroying the few sources available.

Ken

ffl & ltc

if you knew anything about an FFL, you would know that in ma, you are required by ATF to have a LTC to get the FFL, you have to send them a copy of it!

Re: ffl & ltc

dougwalk said:
if you knew anything about an FFL, you would know that in ma, you are required by ATF to have a LTC to get the FFL, you have to send them a copy of it!

<Mod hat on for a moment>
Just as a friendly reminder...sometimes the way we word things can come off sounding like your flaming...especially when you use a "!".
<Mod hat off>

Re: ffl & ltc

dougwalk said:

Damn, I guess I don't know anything about FFLs and ATF then!

I just sent off my C&R FFL renewal and didn't include a copy of my LTC. Not only that but I've had two prior C&R FFLs and didn't do it then either. The form that BATFE uses is a NATIONAL form, nowhere does it state that you need to include a copy of any state license!

In fact some of us know a person who bitches and moans at every Jt Comm on Public Safety gun hearing at the Statehouse. He claims that he has a C&R FFL but his local chief refuses to issue him a LTC. This is his mantra. I have no way to verify if his claims are factual or not, just reporting what he has stated numerous times.

Since you can buy ammo out of state, and since I can (and do in VT) sell ammo in VT and NH, why not a bulk buy when we gather? Just an idea.

I know that some of you have out of state friends. Some companies will ship to them. I don't know how Mass law looks upon this, but IIRC, it's 100% legal Federally.

Nickle said:
I know that some of you have out of state friends. Some companies will ship to them. I don't know how Mass law looks upon this, but IIRC, it's 100% legal Federally.

I've got this friend that I buy ammo for up in NH all the time, he always gives it back to me when ever I see him though? :D

Legally we can buy ammo anywhere in the US that will sell it to us. It is ALSO LEGAL to mail-order. Just the AG's "opinion" that the dealer MUST have a MA Ammo Dealer's License . . . which conveniently can't be obtained by a non-MA dealer unless they get it from a town/city PD where they sell at a gun show (then the license is good for the entire state for a year).

Again, the AG attacked the dealers, NOT the BUYERS. NOTHING illegal in our buying, just a "difference of opinion" on who can sell. ALL sellers should verify that we are legal to buy (copy of LTC), and many mail-order places didn't do this so they got burned in a sting operation by the AG. This scared off many others . . . precisely what the AG wanted to happen.

More later, I have to run in a few minutes. . .

ETA: Copy of LTC would only apply to mail-order. If in person transaction, the dealer just needs to look at it to verify that it is valid.

Len, I also am quite well versed in this area of FFL laws. Easier to stay out of trouble, than to get out of trouble.

IF you have ammo shipped to a different address than your own, I suggest you use your own name, if it's for you. That way, you're not potentially doing a "straw purchase". And yes, they can apply to ammo, too.

Even Ammoman will do this. I called and asked him. He DID get jammed up with the AG, by not requiring a copy of LTC or other proof of age/legal ability to possess.

Side note I was going to post later . . .

Wally World in N. Attleboro can no longer sell ammo or guns. Asst Mgr told me today that they submitted paperwork months ago, but town refuses to act on it.

A competitor (NOT Northeast) told me today that a female MA Trooper went in and bought ammo without any LTC! Apparently it was a sting, and the town yanked their Ammo/Firearms License to sell.

I do NOT know if this is a true story or not, but I do know that many months ago Wally World had a sign up that they couldn't sell ammo/guns. Today I spotted the same sign so I asked.

LenS said:
Nickle, I agree. I always buy on credit cards, so any sales would be in my name, shipped "C/O" of someone else.

And that folks, is EXACTLY how it's done legally.

Just like shipping a firearm to yourself (you do have to OWN it first).

I know about MidWay, since they've shipped to APO addresses for me (not ammo), and to the shop, when my address is different. They've also shipped to my house, and again different address than the shop.

[ROFL mode] You don't know that Wally-World is slang for Wal-Mart? You truly have lived a sheltered life! [/ROFL mode]

Wal Mart is my favorite place to buy 22 LR ammo. Cheaper than wholesale.

Nickle said:
[ROFL mode] You don't know that Wally-World is slang for Wal-Mart? You truly have lived a sheltered life! [/ROFL mode]

Wal Mart is my favorite place to buy 22 LR ammo. Cheaper than wholesale.

Brick of .22 Federals (550 rounds) - $8.96 in Plaistow, NH. Can't beat that with a stick.

I do my Wally world ammo purchases at Wally world in warwick. They stock more then 2 boxxes of the .40 WWB, usualy they have 10 :D

swatmedic,

Wal-Mart Walpole may not be selling ammo for much longer. I dropped in there today. Whole new layout of the SG counter. Manager told me that they still have "some ammo" but he wasn't sure if they will for much longer. I asked him if they normally stock 1K of .45ACP 230gr WW and he said "never".

I'll be picking up what I can at Wal-Mart in Hudson, NH on Sunday for the Gabe Suarez course next weekend (7/15-7/18 ) as Gabe told me to expect to shoot 1K during the 4 days.

Just have them ship it to YOU, at a friend's address that lives in NH, or another state that allows it. You pick it up there. Perfectly legal.

One potential problem. If you use a credit card to pay, they will probably pick up on your billing zip code and may reject your purchase.

A better bet may be to have your friend order it under their name.

I'd try it first. The worst that could happen, is they refuse shipment. You could always call them, they also do business over the phone, as well as internet sales.

Instead of worrying about billing address and shipping address being different, call them and ask them.

I called or Emailed Ammoman and he said "no problem". He's forever prohibited from shipping anything into MA, due to the consent decree (extortion) that he signed for the AG. He really doesn't want to lose all the MA business, so he fully realizes that this is one way to keep some of the business and meet his legal obligations.

Ditto for others in this industry. Very few are likely to say "no, we won't ship to another address" due to the legal BS dealing with MA and our AG (or fear of same).

Unlike those that are trying to defraud the businesses by using stolen ccs, we are trying to buy stuff that vendors want to sell but are worried about legal hassles. Thus, you should find most willing to work with you.

NOTE: You can NOT do this on firearms (for those of us with C&R FFLs) as BATFE Regs prohibit shipping to any address except for the address on the License. You can do this on ammo/components/mags.

Back
Top Bottom