• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo Shortage To Continue Until Summer 2021

Dems promised massive gun control in the last election. How did that work out for them?

Not well.....they lost a pile of seats in the US House and lost seats at the state level across the country.

Remember....this was supposed to be a "Blue Wave"......and it was anything but that

The few seats that were lost in the US Senate were either appointments OR very poor/unreliable uniparty republicans

Also consider how much money was spent literally and via in kind contribution of anti Trump/Republican messaging by the usual media outlets and "big tech"

They won the White House, Senate and House promising gun control. Worked out quite well for them

No, they actually lost the white house, senate, and house after strong gun control pushes post Sandy Hook in 2012.

They won the White house, Senate, and house because Trump was a moron who couldn't get off twitter, and spent 2 months driving republicans away from the polls in GA runoffs by bitching about a stolen election.

Furthermore, Democrats just got their ass kicked in the House, and have zero chance of passing gun legislation through the senate as it's currently constructed. Won't be getting 60 votes for jack shit. Not to mention dems lost over a hundred local legislative seats. This past presidential election was because they hated Trump, not because they were pro gun laws.

...so, I repeat, I hope they do push for it, it's a political 3rd rail for democrats.

Upside is once the Democrats pass Ammo Registration, you will have better access but won’t be able to buy more than 20 rds like in the UK

Once the Demcoms pass HR1 they will never have to worry about elections again. Nonetheless, I don't think they have thought through the ramifications.

Sorry to circle back ...
20150316131907012_hd.jpg

Want to the range with my son on Sunday. When we got back, I was putting the .22 back in the ammo container and noticed that I had a LOT more .22 than I thought I did. ROFL!!! I really should stop worrying about the cost of shooting. And bring several mags to load at once to the range.

There were 2 guys there at Mansfield that had these big blocks with those clay-holders sticking out of them. Plus a pile of water-filled jugs and bottles and some spinners. Guys had to be in the 40's and 50's out having fun like they were 8yo. What a cool day. LOL. (We just used targets. Boring, I know. LOL)

Want to the range with my son on Sunday. When we got back, I was putting the .22 back in the ammo container and noticed that I had a LOT more .22 than I thought I did. ROFL!!! I really should stop worrying about the cost of shooting. And bring several mags to load at once to the range.

There were 2 guys there at Mansfield that had these big blocks with those clay-holders sticking out of them. Plus a pile of water-filled jugs and bottles and some spinners. Guys had to be in the 40's and 50's out having fun like they were 8yo. What a cool day. LOL. (We just used targets. Boring, I know. LOL)
I hardly ever use paper targets now. Only to check zero on hunting irons and such. When I go to the range I bring steel. Paper is boring now

The last couple of ammo shortages were triggered (heh) by new gun buyers, and 2020 was off the charts for new gun buyers. If things play out
like the last three times, I'm hoping prices return to 'normal' in maybe 18 months. Ammo in 2019, was about as cheap as they had been for the last 10 years.

How is Las Vegas not on that chart? Wasn’t there a brief spike with that event?

Chatted with a guy at the club today. He called a contact at Fiocchi to find out what's going on.

Well... they allegedly have a 4 year backlog of orders. They are having trouble sourcing some materials and that is limiting manufacturing. And the government has first dibs on all their manufacturing.

Other than that everything is fine...

1612476227902.png

Yup. I heard because of covid restrictions and sourcing materials, primers and casing materials and such, is the reason why they can't catch up. So they have a 200% increase in demand but are working at 50%. Not a good combination for the rest of us waiting on the ammo to start flowing again

I hardly ever use paper targets now. Only to check zero on hunting irons and such. When I go to the range I bring steel. Paper is boring now

I enjoy plinking with a .22 Among all my reactive targets I like my cowbell the best it announces each hit in grand style.

Our range only allows paper targets using club provided target stands/holders.

No plinking.

:-(

Paper makes you a good shooter. Steel is fun.

Don't over train on steel or rely on it as your sole shooting medium. The more you use steel for training the worse your shooting accuracy will get. I've seen some reasonable shooters become bad shooters over the course of a year by relying on steel.

Paper makes you a good shooter. Steel is fun.

Don't over train on steel or rely on it as your sole shooting medium. The more you use steel for training the worse your shooting accuracy will get. I've seen some reasonable shooters become bad shooters over the course of a year by relying on steel.
Paper shows me how accurate my ammo is and how the gun shoots it and once I find what's most accurate, I stick to steel. Less PITA and time wasted putting up new targets.

Chatted with a guy at the club today. He called a contact at Fiocchi to find out what's going on.

Well... they allegedly have a 4 year backlog of orders. They are having trouble sourcing some materials and that is limiting manufacturing. And the government has first dibs on all their manufacturing.

View attachment 445831
This is not a good sign for my new hobby 🙎🏼‍♀️

We need these guys to make like 10 or 20 new plants, pronto!

P.S. That redhead girl looks like the gal from the X Files.

We need these guys to make like 10 or 20 new plants, pronto!
It's hundreds of millions of dollars to make a new plant from scratch. When you're already having trouble sourcing lead, brass, copper, and aluminum you're not going to suddenly seek a loan on building a new plant that won't be operational until probably next year, at which point the shortage will either be over or near over.

Plus, there's no telling what regulations the gov't is going to decide to implement that could cause demand to drop. Like, if online sales were banned, you'd see demand for ammo probably cut by 25%.

I have been using my new Mantis X for the past week. It is amazing how sensitive it is, and how clearly it shows your movements during the shot process. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom