Ammo Shortage To Continue Until Summer 2021

Then? Lol. Frankly if the succeed in any of the stuff you mentioned, things are going to get f***ey pretty fast. The industry will likely open its own canoe factory.

"Gun" people are forgetting that the left is screwing around with a whole long list of other reasons to piss people off as well. I put up post about "The Trial of Winnie the Pooh", which is a satirical look at Winnie the Pooh getting put on trial by the Woke crowd because of his white supremacy. I read it out loud to the wife - and she laughed, but then she said "they're really not going to like what happens if they keep pushing this shit -it's going to turn around and bite them hard in the ass". The thing is - Winnie the Pooh is one of her "things". She loved it when she was a kid - and still really likes the stories. Reads them to my son whenever he will sit and listen. So to attack Winnie the Pooh (the story was satire - but I'm sure he's on the list) - would REALLY piss her off.

And they've already gone after Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potatohead - both of which are other things my son plays with - and my wife remembers from when she was a kid.

Point here is - the left wing nuts are delving into areas where they're going to really piss off Joe and Jane normal. And I've said before and still say: if they really start screwing with people's kids , that's going to be a break point for a lot of people.

At this point it should be obvious that they really can't stop themselves. We should encourage that - no point ....... at this point - in trying to hold them back.

"Gun" people are forgetting that the left is screwing around with a whole long list of other reasons to piss people off as well. I put up post about "The Trial of Winnie the Pooh", which is a satirical look at Winnie the Pooh getting put on trial by the Woke crowd because of his white supremacy. I read it out loud to the wife - and she laughed, but then she said "they're really not going to like what happens if they keep pushing this shit -it's going to turn around and bite them hard in the ass". The thing is - Winnie the Pooh is one of her "things".
burning books that do not comply is all the same thing. people just ignorant of their own history. blah, blah, we do know better what is better for all of you, you bucket of deplorables, you.

i do not think so. industry will do what industry does - bend over and start selling product overseas, where market still exists. business does not care to fight with politics.

Lol, you mean to sell stuff to like 10 kinda-sorta-half-free countries which even together arent 5% of the US gun market? Sure. [rofl] So you can sell gun shit to the Czech Republic, Phillipines, and like 3 western europe nations which arent trash, maybe a half dozen others. All of whom land area could probably fit inside of texas, combined. Not a huge market. Most nations on the earth have a totally shit gun culture rating. US is top out of maybe 12 nations, everyone outside of that cup of about 12 drops waaaaaaaay off and is practically invisible.

Let me put this one out there. New england has a guns/capita rating overall that sucks compared to say, Texas. And I would bet you right now that there are more privately owned guns even in a commie pisspot state like Rhode Island, than a lot of entire nations on this earth.

If half of that shit passes the industry stands to lose millions, if not billions of dollars over it. (esp an online sales ammo ban etc) The US gun mafia will not be pleased. You really think they're just going to stand around and let the industry get eviscerated? I doubt it. People are going to start "disappearing" or legislation is going to get modified, etc.

Point here is - the left wing nuts are delving into areas where they're going to really piss off Joe and Jane normal. And I've said before and still say: if they really start screwing with people's kids, that's going to be a break point for a lot of people.
In a normal world, you would be 100% correct. The problem is that we aren't living in a normal world anymore. You are not taking into consideration the omnipresent leftist media brain-washing factor and how effective it is on weak and young minds. It is everywhere in both overt and subtle forms. It is insidious and people are falling for the insanity and lies.

If half of that shit passes the industry stands to lose millions, if not billions of dollars over it. (esp an online sales ammo ban etc) The US gun mafia will not be pleased. You really think they're just going to stand around and let the industry get eviscerated? I doubt it. People are going to start "disappearing" or legislation is going to get modified, etc.
i already said that - i am a total pessimist on that topic.
swiss are the only nation left in this world that really means shit they say and are ready to blow up the tunnels to isolate themselves from all the best wishers of the world around them that cannot wait to get in there and start saving poor stupid swiss people from themselves.
and to do that you need to force your young into mandatory conscription, then keep your military issued weapons, tanks, artillery, in your own household. then you get a meaning of what a 'well regulated militia' truly means.

In a normal world, you would be 100% correct. The problem is that we aren't living in a normal world anymore. You are not taking into consideration the omnipresent leftist media brain-washing factor and how effective it is on weak and young minds. It is everywhere in both overt and subtle forms. It is insidious and people are falling for the insanity and lies.
Not so much weak but inexperienced minds. As Jeff Cooper once said "If you aren't a liberal by age 20 you don't have a heart; if you are not a conservative by age 40 you don't have a brain; and if you aren't a curmudgeon by age 60 you haven't been paying attention".

Don’t forget that, in 2020, the defense segment (i.e. military/LEO) accounted for 76.2% of the world wide ammunition market. The U.S. civilian segment of the ammo market, while large, is dwarfed by the world wide military/LEO market. The ammo manufacturers are probable more interested in pursuing stable long term contracts with military/LEO than chasing the historically unstable U.S. civilian market, as big as it might be.

Don’t forget that, in 2020, the defense segment (i.e. military/LEO) accounted for 76.2% of the world wide ammunition market. The U.S. civilian segment of the ammo market, while large, is dwarfed by the world wide military/LEO market. The ammo manufacturers are probable more interested in pursuing stable long term contracts with military/LEO than chasing the historically unstable U.S. civilian market, as big as it might be.
The defense segment would have been closer to half if the manufacturers had met consumer demand.

I can tell you that personally I shot/stored at least 10k fewer rounds than normal last year simply because there wasn't enough to shoot...and I'm a rookie here next to some.

I will grant you that there are seemingly parents out there who will just expose their kids to the worst kinds of shit. My wife keeps sending me stories of heinous stuff people have done to their kids. Saw a story a few days ago about some woman who drove to a park , and then tried to drive off and leave the 6 year old there. When he chased after the car and tried to get in - she ran him over ( I think by accident) . But then she left his dead body there - and didn't come back for hours. There's plenty of stories of kids being dragged by their parents to drag queen story hour and I know a few people who have women within their social circle who are "transgendering" their 5 and 6 year olds.

Thing is - it always seems to be the WOMEN who are doing this really crazy shit to the kids lately.

So yeah, I suppose there is a portion of the population that will just accept pretty much anything that comes from "authorities" - even despite the evidence right in their face about how bad it could be for children.

But I do wonder exactly how many of these lunatics there REALLY are. Pretty much everybody I know is "normal" - mostly.

The defense segment would have been closer to half if the manufacturers had met consumer demand.

I can tell you that personally I shot/stored at least 10k fewer rounds than normal last year simply because there wasn't enough to shoot...and I'm a rookie here next to some.

I never even shot anything near 10,000 rounds in 6 years in the guard in a line MOS with a deployment [rofl].

I only say this because the guy you replied to stated the majority was .mil/police. i wish that was the problem when i was in

I never even shot anything near 10,000 rounds in 6 years in the guard in a line MOS with a deployment [rofl].

I only say this because the guy you replied to stated the majority was .mil/police. i wish that was the problem when i was in
I have a hard rule for no recreational shooting for hard stored ammo (dessicant/spam cans, etc) unless it meets the buy 2, shoot 1 rule.

It curtailed my shooting by 75% in 2020. I just couldn't find it to shoot.

I have a hard rule for no recreational shooting for hard stored ammo (dessicant/spam cans, etc) unless it meets the buy 2, shoot 1 rule.

It curtailed my shooting by 75% in 2020. I just couldn't find it to shoot.
FED_745FF.jpg

I was quoting world wide ammo sales, not just US. In the US, most of the military small arms ammo is made at Lake City, so most of the rest of the US capacity is for the civilian/LEO market. What I was thinking about when I posted was the global ammo situation and the ability of foreign manufactures to meet the US civilian market. Wasn’t particular clear in my OP.

I was quoting world wide ammo sales, not just US. In the US, most of the military small arms ammo is made at Lake City, so most of the rest of the US capacity is for the civilian/LEO market. What I was thinking about when I posted was the global ammo situation and the ability of foreign manufactures to meet the US civilian market. Wasn’t particular clear in my OP.

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq seemed to of pretty much obliterated all the old Soviet stock of ammunition. If I had to guess that started to get real obvious post 2010. But shit, remember the days when we could buy a little slice of the billions and billions of east bloc surplus? i miss those deals haha

Yeah - exactly. Sure - I can buy the Kindle edition - but I don't have a Kindle. So what - now I have to go buy a Kindle - and then expend a ream of paper plus the laser toner to print it out, plus a 3 ring binder to put it in? Pretty sure I'm better off buying the hardbound copy for $34 - if I can find one.
No you do NOT have to by a kindle. If you have windows based PC/notebook/laptop free kindle readers are available and work. Not sure about mac but think so as well.

No you do NOT have to by a kindle. If you have windows based PC/notebook/laptop free kindle readers are available and work. Not sure about mac but think so as well.
Make sure the Kindle Reader installs on the device and works to read a free book
before you suck for buying the Kindle version of a book.

On either or both of Windows XP, and Android 4.something,
I installed Kindle and it worked fine.
I turned my back on it for a year or two,
and then when I wanted to continue reading a book,
the already installed software refused to start,
because the O/S was now "unsupported".

I've subsequently decommissioned at least two of those devices,
and Kindle Reader runs A-OK on Windows 10 and Android 9, of course -
even accesses those older books in my library.

But Amazon are asshøles for pulling that stunt,
and of course I'll never trust them not to pull it again.

The least I can do to pay them back
is to spread this Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt
amongst their prospective clients:

Don't Trust Amazon -​
Amazon is Asshoe.​

Guess it really sucks to be dems, eh?
Not really. They are in 100% full control of the USA as we speak, both politically and culturally... financially too. They have the most money and the most power. They are willing to lie, cheat and steal to retain and increase their power and, amazingly, it works. :oops:

I'm still glad I'm not one. I couldn't live with myself being such a phony POS. 🤪

They are in 100% full control of the USA as we speak, both politically and culturally... financially too. They have the most money and the most power. They are willing to lie, cheat and steal to retain and increase their power and, amazingly, it works. :oops:
Call me back when they're knocking on your front door for your gunz.

Call me back when they're knocking on your front door for your gunz.
Well, I'm not expecting Crazy Nancy, Slimy Schumer, Dementia Joe, Kammie the Kommie or even Beta Beto. I'm expecting some poor government schmuck who is hoping and praying he's going to live long enough to collect a pension someday. 🤪

Probably not even a hard-core Dim. :rolleyes:

I don't see the ammo shortage easing anytime soon when people are buying $24,000 worth at a time!

I don't see the ammo shortage easing anytime soon when people are buying $24,000 worth at a time!

Thanks for posting the article Zappa! I grew up in central PA and it warms my heart to read pro gun stories about it.[smile]

I am thinking ammo shortage will last until next summer, based on the last couple of them that's how long it took for things to settle back down, and overshoot
a bit actually after the third year. Supplies are creeping back in now at prices like 0.90/rd for .223, 0.50 for 7.62x39, 0.40 for 9mm. I think by next summer it will be back to about 0.25 for 9mm and 0.35 for .223

e9se6hrmemy51.jpg

I am thinking ammo shortage will last until next summer, based on the last couple of them that's how long it took for things to settle back down, and overshoot
a bit actually after the third year. Supplies are creeping back in now at prices like 0.90/rd for .223, 0.50 for 7.62x39, 0.40 for 9mm. I think by next summer it will be back to about 0.25 for 9mm and 0.35 for .223

e9se6hrmemy51.jpg
Lol

Just lol.

Back
Top Bottom