• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ammo shortage??

Yea I had a few of those in my cart figured I'd grab some just to get me through a summers woeth of plinking, and then bam, removed from my cart I was like wtf. Whoever it was bought up everything they had all at once.
You’re right. It absolutely was someone attempting to hedge. Ah, capitalism.

I bought some of the browning stuff, and some of the federal BYOB instead to try, I can handle 6 cents a round instead of 5, but I was still like wtf how did they sell out of that much rimfire in less than the time it took me to click checkout, it was 99+ when I added to cart, and them bam, out of stock.

This banter over .22lr is funny. I see decent ammo up there for .07 that is typically found at around that price - definitely a limited selection available but if I was short on .22lr even if it was 8, 9, 10 cents it'd still be cheaper than anything else to shoot and worth it for me versus running out.

and people don't have such capability any other day of week? now we're waiting until midst of pandemic to prepare. gotcha.
You're quick to assume on a extreme level. No mention of capability, or waiting until the midst of a pandemic, anywhere in what I said. You completely wasted your entire post on non posted issues . I think that's called shit posting isn't it? Hope you're not so quick to pull a trigger too.

Last edited:
This banter over .22lr is funny. I see decent ammo up there for .07 that is typically found at around that price - definitely a limited selection available but if I was short on .22lr even if it was 8, 9, 10 cents it'd still be cheaper than anything else to shoot and worth it for me versus running out.
Yeah it’s banter. I already have several thousand rounds of CCI mini-mag and standard velocity. Just looking to increase that a little bit more. I was getting the 5k of mini-mag for $275 shipped last fall. Excellent deal!

Decided to go for some larger calibers while they are still cheap even though I have a lot already for my taste.

PPU 300 gr flatnose 44 magnum for 48 cents a rd

Hornady bucket of American Gunner 6.5cr for 75 cents a rd

I wonder how many of those 99+ inventories are being snapped up by Local Gun/Ammo dealers to restock their depleted shelves?
If I owned a small shop and could not get inventory through the regular supplier, I'd by in bulk from those who still have it in stock.
My local customers would most likely appreciate my forethought.

I guess in the long run, that ammo may still come up for sale. Free Market and such...

Fedex just dropped off a duplicate of my last ammo order, ( 38 special lrn ) . Called my vendor and paid for them. Who doesn't need a couple thousand more 38's ?? :) Stay well........ Stash
Especially if you paid the earlier price for them... Kudos!

I wonder how many of those 99+ inventories are being snapped up by Local Gun/Ammo dealers to restock their depleted shelves?
If I owned a small shop and could not get inventory through the regular supplier, I'd by in bulk from those who still have it in stock.
My local customers would most likely appreciate my forethought.

I guess in the long run, that ammo may still come up for sale. Free Market and such...
I was thinking the same thing. They're still making money on it, hell, maybe even more at the prices they're charging and people are paying. Buy a bunch of cases of 9mm at 12 bucks a box, then turn around and sell them for 16 bucks a piece.

Yeah it’s banter. I already have several thousand rounds of CCI mini-mag and standard velocity. Just looking to increase that a little bit more. I was getting the 5k of mini-mag for $275 shipped last fall. Excellent deal!
Yup, last 5K of CCI mini mags high velocity I bought from TS sometime during 2019 and there was also a manufacturer's rebate so after all was said and done the cost was about 4.5 cents /round.

Price was same as last delivery . They also refunded my shipping $$. Said it was cheaper than paying to return....Double :) Stay well .. Stash

I still have a case of CCI SV that I bought a month before Sandy Hook. Haven’t had to tap into yet since I’ve bought 22 off and on since then. Don’t really shoot 22 very often as you can tell lol.

I still have a case of CCI SV that I bought a month before Sandy Hook. Haven’t had to tap into yet since I’ve bought 22 off and on since then. Don’t really shoot 22 very often as you can tell lol.

I have a brick of CCI SV from before Obamascare 1... [laugh] And I think about 90% of the rest of the 22s I have are from back then, too.

I have a brick of CCI SV from before Obamascare 1... [laugh] And I think about 90% of the rest of the 22s I have are from back then, too.
Yeah me too. I ought to go and shoot a case of .22lr at this point just to get some shelf space back.

I was in one of my local shops today. The shelves were pretty bare and everyone was coming in looking for .22LR. One woman was coping an attitude that they didn't have any .380 and she only wanted a couple of "bricks" of it, with each brick being 250rds. She was complaining about the shop not knowing when their order was coming in today and that it might not have all the .380 she wants on top of the store restricting how much you could buy at one time. And I'm sure if I was there when she came back for the .380 that they would sell her, she would bitch about how much it costs.

The other thing that was basically unable to be found in the shop was any other handgun caliber loaded with hollow points.
1585023818629.jpeg

Was doing some "inventory" Monday.

I'm good.

Found two spam cans and a 30 cal ammo can full of this.
Anyone remember this ammo?
Am I dating myself?

:cool:

View attachment 341466
View attachment 341465
Those are rookie numbers, gotta get them up. Did inventory myself and found 4 spam cans and hundreds of Hungarian heavy ball and some fancy brass corrosive ammo with a red sealant on it

Back
Top Bottom